Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey Minister for Health

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭ratracer

Peter Casey would be a brilliant taoiseach.

Yep, just what we need! Our very own Donald or Boris ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

What a hero Casey is. I live it. Can’t wait to see what he puts up. The other candidates just run on the most boring platforms. He needs attacks launched on him. He’s a joke. Say ff and Fg win fifty percent of seats. A good new competent party for workers. Could have their vote. Many only vote for them as they seem as the least **** if the **** options and don’t want to not vote

ratracer wrote: »

No we need the opposite of them , paralysis, waffle, inaction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

gmisk wrote: »
    What makes you think that?
    I personally think he would be a fecking disaster he can barely string a coherent sentence together never mind be diplomatic

I think he would be amazing. I like and trust him. He also is Irish and married and has a family. I could identify with him. He would be an amazing taoiseach. In my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

banie01 wrote: »
    The Yanks thought that about their Presidency, how's that working out over there?

I often worry about where people get their news.
    It's actually working out fairly good over there. Record employment in the US with a booming economy and stock market, which coincides with a much better quality of life for ordinary Americans.
    The fact that the democrats are trying everything under the sun including impeachment to stop him from getting re-elected, speaks volumes on the quality of their own candidates for President.

This experiment of electing a non-political President as the leader of the country seems to be working out very well for them. Maybe we should try it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

More a Screamin' Lord Such than a Boris or Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Kivaro wrote: »
    I often worry about where people get their news.
    It's actually working out fairly good over there. Record employment in the US with a booming economy and stock market, which coincides with a much better quality of life for ordinary Americans.
    The fact that the democrats are trying everything under the sun including impeachment to stop him from getting re-elected, speaks volumes on the quality of their own candidates for President.

This experiment of electing a non-political President as the leader of the country seems to be working out very well for them. Maybe we should try it.

Record employment is a headline stat.
    What is behind that stat is people working multiple jobs to be able to maintain a barely above poverty line existence.

I'd also point out that it's Trump's economic policies have caused huge cost to the US economy.
    His stance on tariffs and protectionism has added cost directly to US consumers.
    Those least able to bear those costs are those who are propping the "full employment" numbers.

I often wonder where some people learn to dissect economic data?

As for the election of a non political president here?
    Our presidency is effectively non-partisan and a ceremonial position with quite a limited constitutional role.
    If a business man can do the job, let's see him gain the vote to do it?

As a Taoseaich, given one needs to at least get elected in a Constituency and then win a majority of support in the Dail ..

I don't think we quite need to worry about a right wing mouthpiece getting that job just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭nagel

oh Hold on is it all right to slag off Casey for his manner of speech, so does everyone who has a speech impediment , fall into the category, what about the Minister of Finance, with regard to his view of our ethnic brethren does his view not reflect what a lot of others think, and is he not entitled to express it .
    With regard to him being minister of health , didnt we have a doctor in that position and he couldn't wait to get out of it, Dr Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Casey is on the right track to led a party or the country
    previous Health Ministers include:
    Erskine Childers, Charles Haughey, Brendan Howlin, Michael Noonan, Brian Cowen, Michéal Martin, Mary Harney, Leo Varadkar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He should be told to f*** off back to 'murcia.

He’s never lived in Spain afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

nagel wrote: »
    oh Hold on is it all right to slag off Casey for his manner of speech, so does everyone who has a speech impediment , fall into the category, what about the Minister of Finance,

You are aware of the likes of Gift Grub, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭nagel

Boggles wrote: »
    You are aware of the likes of Gift Grub, right?
    yep, relevance

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Boggles wrote: »
    The last thing we need is another blowhard sweaty incoherent simpleton.

But I imagine there will be dullards who give him a vote.

Nobody is talking about electing John Connors.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think he would be amazing. I like and trust him. He also is Irish and married and has a family. I could identify with him. He would be an amazing taoiseach. In my opinion.
    Irish, married and a family....I think you might like the Paddy Holohan podcast...
    I am not sure any of those things would qualify someone to be a good politician.
    Do you have to identify with someone for them to be a good leader?
    I neither like him or trust him, I would be embarrassed to have him representing Ireland.
    But hey each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

While this might seem fanciful, if you give the like of Michael O'Leary the objective of reducing waiting lists then he would make a lot of changes and would do so in time. This might be a bit drastic, but there needs to be some impetus and decision that we cannot go on as we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Peter Casey would be a brilliant taoiseach.

He cant even string a sentence together.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Leo? Is he running in Dublin or Donegal?

Both apparently

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

While this might seem fanciful, if you give the like of Michael O'Leary the objective of reducing waiting lists then he would make a lot of changes and would do so in time. This might be a bit drastic, but there needs to be some impetus and decision that we cannot go on as we are.
    Would you like oxygen?
    No problem just swipe your credit card

gmisk wrote: »
    Irish, married and a family....I think you might like the Paddy Holohan podcast...
    I am not sure any of those things would qualify someone to be a good politician.
    Do you have to identify with someone for them to be a good leader?
    I neither like him or trust him, I would be embarrassed to have him representing Ireland.
    But hey each to their own.

Yeah I agree each to their own. I really like him and I think he was treated disgracefully when he ran for president by so many many in government and media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Do you really believe we would follow the Swiss model rather than the American model? Christ almighty.

It was an example.... you know, to counter lazy generalizations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

He cant even string a sentence together.

So as articulate as Ahern then

Nobody is talking about electing John Connors.

Same difference.

Both are just bad actors.

nagel wrote: »
    yep, relevance

You are crying wambulance about politicians being slagged.

Spitting Image must have made you fair irate.

So as articulate as Ahern then

Ah to be fair Bertie Ahern was way more articulate then this Gob Sh Ite

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

Don't worry, if he gets to close to actually winning I'm sure RTE will stitch him up to appease their establishment politicians. Good form on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So Peter if he gets elected would like to be minister for health. Sure why not , the present lad was ajournalism student ( not sure he graduated though).
    A business man as minister could work. Although I'd be surprised if he gets elected.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/peter-casey-on-the-campaign-trail-my-ideal-job-would-be-minister-for-health-1.4144314?mode=amp

he's going senile

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Don't worry, if he gets to close to actually winning I'm sure RTE will stitch him up to appease their establishment politicians. Good form on that.

Nothing like a conspiracy theory to disguise the fact that he wrecked all 3 campaigns himself.

It's what happens when people get to see beyond the rabble rousing soundbytes.

It would be fantastic as minister of health. He could generally call it as he sees it and would call a spade a spade. What the only other alternative on offer , another yes man ?!

We get what we deserve here , when after decades of failure. The electorate still buy that moron a, will do a better job than moron b

Even if Casey had millions , I’d prefer to see him pocket the salary. Rather than some other moron thieving a living !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He could employ a few travellers in the HSE, should work well

Advertisement