Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey Minister for Health

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You realise there is a difference between satire and personal abuse??

Who personally abused him?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The American economy is flying. So I’d say it’s working out very well for them. You don’t want the Irish economy to go well??

yes, all thanks to obama.
    the same obama who trump wants to undo everything that obama did because it was obama who did it.
    anyway, probably best for another thread.
    And college dropout/never had a job in his life Harris has/had??

no, but just because Harrisis clueless and incompetent it doesn't mean we should replace him with someone who would actually make him look competent.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Boggles wrote: »
    Who personally abused him?

:confused:

It’s all in the thread. The first one is only about 5 posts in

1. “He would be told to F off back to America”, “a con man and a chancer”

2. He can’t string a sentence together.

3. He should fuk off back to ‘Murcia

4. He has early onset dementia.

So the answer is no one personally abused him.

Thought so.

I imagine you have never characterized a public figure on here in a negative fashion?

Would that be correct, if not would you consider that personal abuse or satire?

I'd just call name calling TBH, satire IMO is much more effective and brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

That's just a medical diagnosis...

• Advertisement

So the answer is no one personally abused him.

Thought so.

I imagine you have never characterized a public figure on here in a negative fashion?

Would that be correct, if not would you consider that personal abuse or satire?

I'd just call name calling TBH, satire IMO is much more effective and brutal.

Calling someone a conman and a chancer is personal abuse.

Stating someone has early onset dementia is personal abuse.

Telling someone to **** off back to America is personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

yes, all thanks to obama.
    the same obama who trump wants to undo everything that obama did because it was obama who did it.
    Had a good laugh at that one EOTR. Obama was not responsible for the current boom.
    Notwithstanding his personal idiosyncrasies, it was Trump who initiated the tax cuts that started the existing boom in the economy and record high stock markets. Ordinary Americans are seeing their standard of living greatly improved in the last 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Calling someone a conman and a chancer is personal abuse.

Stating someone has early onset dementia is personal abuse.

Telling someone to **** off back to America is personal abuse.

Stating someone has early onset dementia is a FACT, not personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He's a public figure with form for riling up hate IMO. He's open to criticism.
    I wish he would toddle off to the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Casey running in Dublin West and Donegal
    DailyMail.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He's the minister of Health we need. I can see union chiefs going crazy if he's appointed but it'll be great for workers on the ground and patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Peter Casey's magical powers grow stronger with every election he doesn't win.

So he thinks he is going to win against Leo and whatever government is formed, probably FF + others, they are going to make him Minister of Health?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So he thinks he is going to win against Leo and whatever government is formed, probably FF + others, they are going to make him Minister of Health?

:pac:
    I do hope for the good of our health we can stop talking about Peter Casey after this election. :)

He's the minister of Health we need. I can see union chiefs going crazy if he's appointed but it'll be great for workers on the ground and patients.

That's the biggest 'if' in the world ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It doesn't matter who is put into health they won't be able to change it because of the vested interests. Really to change they would need to do what they did when scrapping the health boards and scrap the HSE and set up a new health authority but this time scale it down in the Admin/back office area and then look to increase the levels at the frontline and do not do what FF did and say that no one would be made redundant. This is was the biggest mistake in setting up the HSE, when the health boards were brought under the HSE, there should have been a review of roles and those roles were there were 3 or 4 people doing the job for each health board should have been reduced to 1 or 2 and advertised and the unsuccessful candidates can either apply for another job or take a redundancy. This is normal practice in most businesses where they combine, there is a review of roles and the roles are consolidated and advertised and the unsuccessful people either take up another open position or are offered a redundancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭blackwhite

He’s not the sharpest tool in the box.

He’s going to damage Varadkar by offering an additional option to split the anti-Leo vote in Dublin West?

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Stating someone has early onset dementia is a FACT, not personal abuse.

You have something to back up that fact? Or is it a personal opinion used to abuse someone?

He's a public figure with form for riling up hate IMO. He's open to criticism.
    I wish he would toddle off to the United States.

What hate did he rile up? Im sure you can provide quotes from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He stirred up so much hate and bile that he frightened himself and he had to go to ground to consider his future.
    He then tried to disassociate himself from the remarks.

He stirred up so much hate and bile that he frightened himself and he had to go to ground to consider his future.
    He then tried to disassociate himself from the remarks.

More waffle and not one quote.

More waffle and not one quote.

You are in denial that his traveller comments stirred up hate and bile?

Wow...have a look at some of the threads here and the explosion of comment.

It was in response to that that he had to take time off the campaign.

Not quotes necessary, just a knowledge of actual events.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things who Minister of Health is, unless they're a total visionary, becasue the same people from will be working at the Dept. of Health and the HSE regardless.

You are in denial that his traveller comments stirred up hate and bile?

Wow...have a look at some of the threads here and the explosion of comment.

It was in response to that that he had to take time off the campaign.

Not quotes necessary, just a knowledge of actual events.

Must have been so terrible that you can come up with one quote.

Must have been so terrible that you can come up with one quote.

I told you were the 'hate' is. The contemporaneous threads here. I wouldn't stoop to quoting some of it.

Not hard to research yourself. And no skin of my nose if you wish to live in denial either.

Making travelers an issue so people who hate travelers would vote for him and in my opinion, he couldn't give two f***s about Travelers either way.
    Now he's chasing Varadkar's seat out of some petty revenge. Does not sound like a person putting the people's interests first. A chancer. I hope he loses his arse and goes away.

Weepsie wrote: »
    It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things who Minister of Health is, unless they're a total visionary, becasue the same people from will be working at the Dept. of Health and the HSE regardless.

We just need a minister and government to put the health system above their career. Unlikely, but it's very possible to do. Yes there would be massive kick back from certain quarters but I'm convinced the general public will appreciate it.
    Amused at how we hear FG aren't afraid to make tough decisions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Health has to be taken away from politics. Forget about fixing it in 1 2 or 5 years. 10 to 15 year plan with ring fenced certain funding. They are talking about a cross party agreement etc but realistically political power will still direct hospital locations etc. This needs to stop.
    They also appear to design for today's numbers. They should hopefully be designing for 20 years down the line. A new hospital when opened should be in my opinion only at 50 percent capacity to allow for population growth.
    It's like our motorways - they are beyond capacity by the time they open then they spend 3 times as much upgrading later.

• Advertisement

Making travelers an issue so people who hate travelers would vote for him and in my opinion, he couldn't give two f***s about Travelers either way.

Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if he was barely aware of their existence before his handlers brought them up as an issue that might give his presidential bid some traction. It just shows the desperation on the right when they're hailing this blatant chancer who makes Father Jack sound articulate and coherent as the messiah.

Advertisement