Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey Minister for Health

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

LuasSimon wrote: »
    He couldn’t have picked a lot easier constituencies to get elected in than Donegal .
    Donegal is one of the few counties that isn’t destroyed by traveller crime .
    I'm sure that's where his holiday house is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Making travelers an issue so people who hate travelers would vote for him and in my opinion, he couldn't give two f***s about Travelers either way.
    Now he's chasing Varadkar's seat out of some petty revenge. Does not sound like a person putting the people's interests first. A chancer. I hope he loses his arse and goes away.

I hope he wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Making travelers an issue so people who hate travelers would vote for him and in my opinion, he couldn't give two f***s about Travelers either way.
    Now he's chasing Varadkar's seat out of some petty revenge. Does not sound like a person putting the people's interests first. A chancer. I hope he loses his arse and goes away.

5th reply and not one sign of any hate speech quoted. Seriously lads, you need to up your game. Hate Speech intonates that he said something hateful, yet not one of you can give me an example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if he was barely aware of their existence before his handlers brought them up as an issue that might give his presidential bid some traction. It just shows the desperation on the right when they're hailing this blatant chancer who makes Father Jack sound articulate and coherent as the messiah.

I’m fairly sure from memory that it was RTÉ (Sean O’Rourke comes to mind for some reason) that brought travellers up with him in an interview. He never mentioned it until asked his opinion. FFS, making things up as you go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I’m fairly sure from memory that it was RTÉ (Sean O’Rourke comes to mind for some reason) that brought travellers up with him in an interview. He never mentioned it until asked his opinion. FFS, making things up as you go along.

This has been tried before.

He brings the topic into the discussion on the original podcast himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

zell12 wrote: »
    Casey running in Dublin West and Donegal
    DailyMail.jpg

In Leo's door step :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

https://www.joe.ie/politics/peter-casey-traveller-comments-644643

Presidential candidate Peter Casey has made a number of controversial comments about the travelling community in an interview...on 'The Floating Voter' podcast on independent.ie

Casey's comments, which were completely unprompted, have led to people calling for him to withdraw from the race.
    I’m fairly sure from memory that it was RTÉ (Sean O’Rourke comes to mind for some reason) that brought travellers up with him in an interview.

Perhaps understandable that you would be drawn to someone who appears to be in the early stages of dementia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

5th reply and not one sign of any hate speech quoted. Seriously lads, you need to up your game. Hate Speech intonates that he said something hateful, yet not one of you can give me an example.

I never said I'd hate quotes nor that I'd post any. My view of him is common and stands. He riled up hate and obviously won over the ignorant hateful demographic.
    You're just looking for a quote so you can get all pedantic about what constitutes hate speech. Couldn't give a monkey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

This is going to be great fun and we need more of it!

TBH the Vlad machine will eat him up and spit him out. But I doubt he is running against Leo at all. Just stirring things up for the Coppingers of this world maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Is there any way I can throw myself on the supplemental register for dublin west at this stage. Would rather make it 3 for 3 on voting for Peter Casey ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

This is going to be great fun and we need more of it!

TBH the Vlad machine will eat him up and spit him out. But I doubt he is running against Leo at all. Just stirring things up for the Coppingers of this world maybe?

Won't be at all, he'll get short shrift and ****ed out of the constituency bar a few idiots lapping him up.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Won't be at all, he'll get short shrift and ****ed out of the constituency bar a few idiots lapping him up.

Maybe he is stirring it for the sake of it. Good luck to him. Anything bar the Billions and Billions of working contributing taxpayer money going to the lazy git class is good enough for me! See Coppinger et al.

TBH if I were in DW I would give him a scratch for his cojones anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Christ almighty. When I look at what simpletons the so-called alt right are prepared to rally behind I might give it a shot myself yet. Looks like all you have to do is come out with some simple nonsensical slogans that these people perceive as 'speaking your mind' or 'not pc' and you're off. Whether there's actually even half a brain behind it or not doesn't seem to matter.

The stablished political class with their nepotism and shenanigans are to blame for this.They ultimately prepare the ground for the people's readiness for such clowns. But even so if I had the choice between that murky can down the road inept nepotism and those simpletons I'd still go with the former.

This will be great gas. And Casey may be short shrift, but who knows?

He is no threat to Vlad, but may be to others..... kind of?

On another note, I never realised that a candidate could register in more than one constituency. I'm obviously out of the loop.

Is Casey a bigger threat in Donegal I wonder? Doubt it myself, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

This will be great gas. And Casey may be short shrift, but who knows?

I know, and I'm sure thousands of others do too. He'll be treated as the joke he, and obviously others too, think it is by parachuting into the Taoiseach's constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

you think Caseys handlers pointed him in the traveller direction? LOL! It came up organically! I'm sure all of you here defending the travellers community, are best of mates with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Boggles wrote: »
    So he thinks he is going to win against Leo and whatever government is formed, probably FF + others, they are going to make him Minister of Health?

:pac:

And yet some believe he doesn't suffer any form of dementia?????

As long as moaning Coppinger gets a drop I'd be happy. I have never come across a more depressing sounding person in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Casey might not be a good public speaker but if he can read the mood of the constituents anything like he read the mood of the nation during the presidential debate, he could gobble up a whole pile of votes. All he needs is a simple issue that can grab people. It doesn't matter what that issue is, if people can listen to him and think to themselves, he is feckin right, he is half way there.
    People said he wouldn't get 1 percent in presidential election.
    He has been is America. He has probably closely seen how grabbing peoples attention with a simple idea can win elections.
    FF had Seamus Brennan in America before the 1977 election and the ideas he brought back created a landslide.

I really don't think this talk of dementia is adding anything. Where is the proof?

Casey is trying to get people to wake up from the two party permanent system.

Others have tried but I think he is gas. and says it as it is. We need this to shake us up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I really don't think this talk of dementia is adding anything. Where is the proof?

Others have tried but I think he is gas. and says it as it is. We need this to shake us up.

Have you watched any of the telly interviews he's done?? EVERYONE is agreed he talks nothing but ****e when asked a live question. It's not even funny because it's really awkward how he answers.

He may have stood a chance in Ballygobackwards if he had stuck with that but no, he decides to go up against Leo for the laugh. That's going to completely mess up his chances in both areas.

How are the people in Ballygobackwards supposed to believe in him now when he has registered in another area????

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Have you watched any of the telly interviews he's done?? EVERYONE is agreed he talks nothing but ****e when asked a live question. It's not even funny because it's really awkward how he answers.

He may have stood a chance in Ballygobackwards if he had stuck with that but no, he decides to go up against Leo for the laugh. That's going to completely mess up his chances in both areas.

How are the people in Ballygobackwards supposed to believe in him now when he has registered in another area????

Who cares? He is a shaker upper and makes people like you respond so he is affecting you in some way or other.

The rest of them are promising everything or else moaning. I LOVE a bit of this shake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Idbatterim wrote: »
    you think Caseys handlers pointed him in the traveller direction? LOL! It came up organically! I'm sure all of you here defending the travellers community, are best of mates with them!

some will have friends in the community yes.
    others won't, but will not stand by and allow a whole community to be tarred with the same brush because of the actions of some of it's members. treatment which would quite rightly not be meeted out to other groups who themselves have or have had problem members, and would not be tolerated if it was.
    casey spouted and got overwhelmingly rejected.
    mickdw wrote: »
    Casey might not be a good public speaker but if he can read the mood of the constituents anything like he read the mood of the nation during the presidential debate, he could gobble up a whole pile of votes. All he needs is a simple issue that can grab people. It doesn't matter what that issue is, if people can listen to him and think to themselves, he is feckin right, he is half way there.
    People said he wouldn't get 1 percent in presidential election.
    He has been is America. He has probably closely seen how grabbing peoples attention with a simple idea can win elections.
    FF had Seamus Brennan in America before the 1977 election and the ideas he brought back created a landslide.

casey no more read the mood of the nation then father jack or father dougal.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

That's what they said about Trump.
    This affects people's lives. He should be ashamed. It's a game to someone like him not to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

some will have friends in the community yes.
    others won't, but will not stand by and allow a whole community to be tarred with the same brush because of the actions of some of it's members. treatment which would quite rightly not be meeted out to other groups who themselves have or have had problem members, and would not be tolerated if it was.
    casey spouted and got overwhelmingly rejected.

casey no more read the mood of the nation then father jack or father dougal.
    I beg to differ. He went from no hoper to second place in a national pole based on a single issue. If that's not reading the nation, I don't know what is. Those are numbers that actually felt strongly enough to vote for him in a presidential pole. How many out there agreed with him 100 percent but didn't believe a presidential election was the place to register their agreement - a fair number I'd assume.

That's what they said about Trump.
    This affects people's lives. He should be ashamed. It's a game to someone like him not to people.

Have you proof that Casey is a dementia sufferer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

No he doesn't , its a tactic that the left side of the political aisle use, they can't believe that rational people could hold certain views so attribute it to mental health issues. How many times has it been said that almost any leader on the right is 'ill'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Peter Casey is successful in the real world. That alone separates him from the rest of the morons running!

Zero. I think you're confusing me with someone else.
    No he doesn't , its a tactic that the left side of the political aisle use, they can't believe that rational people could hold certain views so attribute it to mental health issues. How many times has it been said that almost any leader on the right is 'ill'

See above.
    See the irony in having a boiler plate attitude about people you disagree with?

He's stroking his own ego. He's not a leader he's an egotist (IMO) who thinks he can come home to little quaint Ireland and be president or minister of health. He's like one of those middle class people who go to a poor village in Africa and pass themselves off as a saviour despite lacking any skills not for compassion but self aggrandising.
    He's a walking insult*.

*he's disrespecting the Irish people IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Peter Casey is successful in the real world. That alone separates him from the rest of the morons running!

Simon Harris has never even had a real job since leaving College.

Advertisement