Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey Minister for Health

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I think egomaniac sums up Casey's approach to this. I could be wrong of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Others are mature enough to take the state of the country seriously instead of ROFLing over all of the top LOLZ one idiotic egomaniac is providing at the expense of our electoral system.

As can be seen by the outrage on the Sean O’Neill (running in 11 (eleven) constituencies) thread!! Oh no, there isn’t one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I literally have no idea who he is, what he's about, but he sounds like an equal bell end. Though to be fair he doesn't have as high a profile as PC so it's hardly surprising h has no thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Jesus - the thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I’m far from upset haha. I’m pointing out facts. Others seem to be getting very emotive and personal.

By emotive, if you mean laughing.

I guess that is a fact.

But the laughing at yellow pack Donald does some to be upsetting you though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hilarious how much Peter Casey gets peoples panties in a bunch.

Yeah and now Leo has said hes feeling very sick and unwell. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Yeah and now Leo has said hes feeling very sick and unwell. Onwards and upwards.

Leo never stops!

Where does he get his energy?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hilarious how much Peter Casey gets peoples panties in a bunch.

Is somebody who has failed three times to convince the public capable of rousing that much ire?

Naw, he is just an annoying egotist whose sideshow will entertain us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Have you watched any of the telly interviews he's done?? EVERYONE is agreed he talks nothing but ****e when asked a live question. It's not even funny because it's really awkward how he answers.

He may have stood a chance in Ballygobackwards if he had stuck with that but no, he decides to go up against Leo for the laugh. That's going to completely mess up his chances in both areas.
    So a hard right candidate is going to have more impact on the hard left candidate than the centre-right candidate? Strange logic.

WTF are you on about.
    Hard right my ar**.
    If Casey is hard right I would dread to see what you would make of some of the world's real right wingers. :rolleyes:
    The kind of shake-up that brought you Trump and Johnson. Be careful what you wish for.

The shake up that brought those gimps into power was people like you, and the poster listed above, looking down the noses at people.

The thing is Casey is not great, he doesn't really come across coherently, he doesn't appear to have a handle on facts.

But he managed one thing in the presidential campaign and in particular the presidential debates, and that was to come across as honest and not a lying disingenious ar**hole like all the other candidates.
    I suppose it depends how you define 'success'. Some people can see beyond fumbling with the greasy coins in the till.

Ooh how morally superior we are.

Remember what I said about peeing off swathes of the electorate, you know the ones you would probably deem a bit thick.
    I'd prefer someone who knew something about public services to be negotiating a deal for public services. But either way, TDs don't negotiate deals, they set policy and allocate resources. Wouldn't it be great if those who give lectures on how the public service should work had the slightest notion of the Constitution? TD is the job that he's going for, and as a recruiter, I'm sure he'd agree with the importance of setting out clear criteria for the job in hand.

Well we tried getting civil servants/public servants and politicians, primarily with public sector backgrounds, to run the country and they managed to run it into the ground or blow billions with often scant return or value.

They have recently managed amongst other things to dig a massive hole in the ground to pour billions into and are still trying to tell us it will be the best children's hospital in the world.
    And yes I know you are a huge proponent of the totally unsuitable site.
    Why do I wonder what is your vested interest in that?
    Care to remind when that was meant to be coming on stream ?

And to add to that wastage we have other projects such as National Broadband plan, Irish Water, and a whole litany of half ar**ed over budge and over time projects down through the years.
    The only ones that appeared to have worked out somewhat were the motorways, well apart from the M50.

You know maybe it is about time we started letting the country be run by hard nosed business people.
    Hell they might even believe in increasing the service to the customer (i.e. the citizens) and getting value for money for the owners (i.e. the taxpayers).

Wouldn't that be a novel concept as opposed to shyte services that have literally and often figuratively cost an arm and a leg. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Lackey wrote: »
    The turnout for the presidential election was 43.87%,
    You may have another look at your maths

okay so, he was still overwhelmingly rejected by 77% of the voters who voted in the presidential election.
    so still rejected, still saw for what he is, a chancer who has nothing to actually offer.
    Jackman25 wrote: »
    If he did nothing else, at least he put a stop to the absolute horse dung that was coming out of RTE and other outlets about the likes of Margaret Cash etc.
    We haven't had to see any more wide-eyed, plaintive, "think of the children" nonsense from the likes of Miriam since

the media mostly moved on from Margaret Cash as there is nothing more to tell for now at least. generally that is what happens after a while with stories on individuals, the media and world move on, so he put a stop to absolutely nothing.
    i'm sure when another person ends up in a similar situation, rte will highlight all facts of the situation.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Augme

If you don’t get value for money as a businessman you won’t be a businessman for very long. Who would you prefer negotiating a deal for you? Simon Harris who dropped out of a journalism course? Or Peter Casey who’s be negotiating with other sharp nosed business people all his life?

When would Simon Harris ever be negotiating a business deal?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1220423407109648391?s=21

Lol. Even Simon Harris would poll better in Donegal.

Chancer. Looking forward to see what he’ll fling at the wall next as he tries to whip up another fear-mongering frenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Faugheen wrote: »

Chancer. Looking forward to see what he’ll fling at the wall next as he tries to whip up another fear-mongering frenzy.

Yes, Peter will have to get his panties in a bunch about something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Must be in negative numbers in Dublin West at that rate:P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hmmmm. Not going to be Minister of Health with those numbers.

Maybe he should go on dancing with the stars and see if he can win that.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Must be in negative numbers in Dublin West at that rate:P

Based on the MOE he could be in negative numbers in Donegal never mind Dublin West.

Based on the MOE he could be in negative numbers in Donegal never mind Dublin West.

Below Aontu: the lowest circle of hell for any Dail candidate outside Meath West...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hey 2% is a big success. It shows people believe in him.

#Caseytellsdatruth

#BestChronicFailureEver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

LOL, Ulster sez no. Some shake up alright, margin of error is probably in his favour too.
    [url] https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/blow-for-peter-casey-as-poll-has-him-down-on-2-977299.html[/url]

Hurrache wrote: »
    LOL, Ulster sez no. Some shake up alright, margin of error is probably in his favour too.
    [url] https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/blow-for-peter-casey-as-poll-has-him-down-on-2-977299.html[/url]

The only guy below him in the poll seems to be a Casey who actually means it, man - 'Irish Patriot' Niall McConnell. So Donegal not looking like the locale for the 'alt-right breakthrough'...

• Advertisement

And the poll was taken before the clown said he's running in Dublin West

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The only guy below him in the poll seems to be a Casey who actually means it, man - 'Irish Patriot' Niall McConnell. So Donegal not looking like the locale for the 'alt-right breakthrough'...

Really makes you wonder why there isnt a strong "alt-right" party.

I'm sure its down to Soros in reality. Definitely not that the vast majority of Irish just arent stupid enough to vote for the loons.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Really makes you wonder why there isnt a strong "alt-right" party.

I'm sure its down to Soros in reality.

You better believe it. The poor sheeple can't see that Seoirse O'Soros has got his tentacles into so-called TG4 and is orchestrating these fake polls...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

yes, he went from no hoper to second place, but second place was only 23%, so still ultimately a small percentage of the vote.
    ultimately he was overwhelmingly rejected by 77% of the irish population, even though the other votes were split between multiple candidates.
    so ultimately he only read the mood of a small number of people who would vote for anyone who said the same things as him.
    even if more then 23% happen to agree with him, i can't see that turning into votes. most people see people like casey for what they are.

as may be, but that doesn't make him a competent politician.

Given their isn’t one competent politician in there now. It couldn’t do any harm. Look , you can’t have these career politicians, teachers , chancers like the independents and expect to get much done. You need a mix of people, but business people would have a lot of qualities, getting results , that isn’t even in the current lots dictionary!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Given their isn’t one competent politician in there now. It couldn’t do any harm. Look , you can’t have these career politicians, teachers , chancers like the independents and expect to get much done. You need a mix of people, but business people would have a lot of qualities, getting results , that isn’t even in the current lots dictionary!

where as a chancer like casey who can't string a sentence together will get results?

nope not a chance.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

He's on 2% in the last poll in Donegal, so unless he's doing better in Dublin this is all moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,372 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

He's on 2% in the last poll in Donegal, so unless he's doing better in Dublin this is all moot.

Have a look at the presidential election thread. Very similar comments when he was on 1 percent for the first week.
    I'm fully expecting him to come up with a big common sense issue that gets the people with him.
    A solid vote would be a success.

The media got him his votes last time out due to their reaction to his comments. Ironically his votes were protest votes alright, but not for the reasons he expected. He'll be ignored this time around as there's no interest in him and people have caught on to the fact he's just out for his own publicity stunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hurrache wrote: »
    The media got him his votes last time out due to their reaction to his comments. Ironically his votes were protest votes alright, but not for the reasons he expected. He'll be ignored this time around as there's no interest in him and people have caught on to the fact he's just out for his own publicity stunts.

Just like the rest of the charlatan Auctioneer Politicians so. They are worse with their party hack machines spouting promise after promise. And those who gain something for free will be paid for by those who work and contribute. Same ol, Same ol.

Who cares whether Casey wins or loses, it is his game on his own. I wish him well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

mickdw wrote: »
    Have a look at the presidential election thread. Very similar comments when he was on 1 percent for the first week.
    I'm fully expecting him to come up with a big common sense issue that gets the people with him.
    A solid vote would be a success.

So you're acknowledging that he's comepletely unelectable until he jumps on a single, push-button topic that will rile up enough people to take him out of a margin of error vote?

People are smarter than that. He did better than he should have in the PE because the president is a largely symbolic role and people liked the idea of having a blowhard who 'tells it like it is' in that position. Thats a long way away from wanting him in a position where he could have an effect on actual legislation.

Advertisement