Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to Universal Studios-Questions

• 18-01-2020 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Myself and my brother went to Universal Studios for 7 days almost 2 years ago and had a great time so we are thinking of going back again this year . I want to go during horror nights as it looks great crack so it will be at some stage in September October or Early November . Some questions

1. Is the weather a great concern during these months, isn't it this time you have hurricanes and rain?

2. We only visited Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure last time we were there even though we had tickets for Islands of adventure. Did we miss out?

3. Is Disney land Legoland Aquatica Seaworld Busch Gardens worth adding to the trip?

4. How long should the trip be to Include everything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Myself and my brother went to Universal Studios for 7 days almost 2 years ago and had a great time so we are thinking of going back again this year . I want to go during horror nights as it looks great crack so it will be at some stage in September October or Early November . Some questions

1. Is the weather a great concern during these months, isn't it this time you have hurricanes and rain?

2. We only visited Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure last time we were there even though we had tickets for Islands of adventure. Did we miss out?

3. Is Disney land Legoland Aquatica Seaworld Busch Gardens worth adding to the trip?

4. How long should the trip be to Include everything?

1. I've been there in October twice and weather was great, mid 20's or so. We did get a few very heavy showers that lasted about 20 minutes but then the sun came out blazing again. I think in theory it's still hurricane season in September/October but we didn't experience anything.

2. Yes, Islands of Adventure is great. Worth visiting for the Hulk rollercoaster alone. I also like the Rapids and Dudley Do-Ride (or something) rides. Even though I've no interest in Harry Potter books or films, the rides in that area are very good too and well worth a visit. I'd definitely get a 3 park ticket (the Volcano bay water park is excellent too).

3. I don't like Disney but that's just me. Although the new Star Wars land would be worth visiting but the crowds there will be mental. Never been to Legoland but have been to Busch Gardens a few times and love it. I've gone there on a Monday in the off-season and the place was nearly empty so no queue for anything. Great rollercoasters there too.

4. How long is a piece of string? it all depends on budgets etc. It's very expensive to see and visit everything. Just focus on a few of the parks I'd say. As long as There are no kids in the group, I'd skip Disney and spend 3 days at the Universal Parks, a day in Busch gardens and maybe a day doing something different like going to an alligator park or something. Just to break up the theme parks. Or just do a day at the pool. If you had a week you'd get a good lot done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would recommend doing the VIP tour of universal. It’s great but pretty pricey!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Spring or fall are good times. It rains, so be prepared.

Advertisement