Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching phone, can i sync from one number to another?

• 19-01-2020 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Have a company iphone(Eir sim) with a lot of numbers in in that i need, I left the job that gave it to me and they want me to keep the number and transfer it to my own bill (a mutual agreement ;) )

For the last 2 weeks I have failed miserably in switching the phone to my own account so gave up and bought a new one from Vodafone.

Icloud refuses to save the contact list so the one on icloud is about 4 years old.

Can i transfer them over when it arrives ? note it has a new sim in it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭djdunny

Numbers from a sim don’t display on an iPhone. So if you see numbers on your old device. Click “Group” in the top left of your contact list. In here you will see what accounts are showing contacts.

If you have a Gmail, Outlook or Exchange account signed in then the contacts may be saved there.

Easy way to check is untick all. Then tick one at a time to use the process of elimination to see where the majority of your contacts are being synced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cheers for the reply, they are on the exchange account.

Still wont sync with icloud tho :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭djdunny

If you go to settings>Passwords & Accounts>exchange. Does it give you the option to turn off contacts here? If so, it should give you the option to keep on your iPhone.

Then repeat the process with iCloud. Once both are turned off, you should be able to turn on iCloud contacts and it will ask you to merge. This should then upload your exchange contacts.

Alternatively, You could look at exporting them from your exchange account and importing into iCloud. This would need to be done on a PC/Mac.

Advertisement