Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Utd; 16:30

• 19-01-2020 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Seems to be some doubt over whether Rashford will start to not. Liverpool are strong favourites, but that hasn't necessarily mattered in this tie over the decades.

Be nice to each other. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭FluffPiece

Great, can we have all the usual crap in here and out of the superthreads?

Realistically this will be a boring 1 - 1 draw, but I hope Liverpool get a resounding win of course.

Form out the window when these two teams play each, rarely a battering for either team over the years regardless of what stage their squads are at. There has been a few occasions of one of them beating the other by a good margin alright.

For those absolutely predicting a liverpool thumping based on form, look no further than yesterday's result with City & Palace.

I just hope for a cracking game with Liverpool winning it. A draw wouldn't be the worst result going due to City's result yesterday but it would be nice for a comfortable win against Utd as it's a rare occurrence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Evra says he received an apology from the Liverpool CO after they were guilted into it from his last super Sunday appearance.

Better late than never?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Alisson

Trent - Gomez - Virgil - Robertson

Wijnaldum - Fabinho - Henderson

Salah - Firmino - Mané

City dropping points yesterday means a draw isn't a terrible result. A loss would be tough though.

Since Liverpool last lost a league game at Anfield:

- 3 iPhones have been released
    - 9 Marvel Movies released
    - £309m has been spent by Man United on players
    - Liverpool have been in 2x Champions League Finals
    - Wayne Rooney has played for Manchester United, Everton, DC United and Derby County. He's also played for England, retired from international duty and come out of retirement to play a one off game

There's the jinx for you

FluffPiece wrote: »
    Great, can we have all the usual crap in here and out of the superthreads?

Realistically this will be a boring 1 - 1 draw, but I hope Liverpool get a resounding win of course.

Form out the window when these two teams play each, rarely a battering for either team over the years regardless of what stage their squads are at. There has been a few occasions of one of them beating the other by a good margin alright.

For those absolutely predicting a liverpool thumping based on form, look no further than yesterday's result with City & Palace.

I just hope for a cracking game with Liverpool winning it. A draw wouldn't be the worst result going due to City's result yesterday but it would be nice for a comfortable win against Utd as it's a rare occurrence.

Too late for that I'm afraid :P

Only people doubting Rashfords injury is Liverpool fans it seems

Very odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Evra says he received an apology from the Liverpool CO after they were guilted into it from his last super Sunday appearance.

Better late than never?

Different CEO, different time. Evra was touched by the letter, spoke about it gracefully and complimented the club.

So why can't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I feel it'll be a draw. United and Napoli are Liverpool's only bogey teams of late and United seem to light up against top 4 teams.

Sure look. As long as we all have a lovey day, that's what counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Rashford

Rashford-Rashford-Rashford-Rashford

Rashford-Rashford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

3 points and no additional injuries.

Wrap this league up and concentrate on the CL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Expect a heavy dose of Kloppball from the outset (the direct plank of his game that is). Go a goal up and then pick the opposition off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

murpho999 wrote: »
    Different CEO, different time. Evra was touched by the letter, spoke about it gracefully and complimented the cliub.

So why can't you?

All about the little wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

All about the little wins

He lied about everything else so why should we start believing Evra now.

^
    #stillnojustice4saurez

^
    #stillnojustice4saurez

Two sneaky ****ers tbh, I wouldn't trust either of them.

Evra's got his work cut out with Salah today. Trent will be getting forward a lot up that side as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

ush wrote: »
    Rashford

Rashford-Rashford

I'm actually more happy that McT and Pogba are not playing.

What's the over/under on United possession in Liverpool half?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

I just hope football is the real winner today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

jharr100 wrote: »
    I just hope football is the real winner today

Jumpers for goalposts. Hmm, marvellous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mcgragger

Its going to be a miracle if Liverpool fail to win this game.
    United are missing 3 of their best players and lets be honest even the missing lads are not great.

Resounding Liverpool win.

• Advertisement

Fair play, at you are not being windy about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd like to see Utd come to Anfield and have a proper go at Liverpool but I'm afraid Ole might be fearful of a good spanking so more than likely Utd will come and park the bus and get a good spanking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

mcgragger wrote: »
    Its going to be a miracle if Liverpool fail to win this game.
    United are missing 3 of their best players and lets be honest even the missing lads are not great.

Resounding Liverpool win.

If Ole can get 11 lads who are still interested in playing at 100% they may have a chance. But mutd have neither the manger or players for that.. so no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Utd come to Anfield and have a proper go at Liverpool but I'm afraid Ole might be fearful of a good spanking so more than likely Utd will come and park the bus and get a good spanking.

If you've watched any of United at all under Ole, mostly dross to be fair, we only ever look good when counter attacking especially against a high line, why they would change that tactic today I dont know. Wouldn't put it by Ole though!

In all seriousness, a good game in this is if United sit back and try break, anything else will be a cricket score to liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I love the emergence of this 'Champions wall' from a team who haven't been champions of their country in 30 years without a hint of irony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Liam O wrote: »
    I love the emergence of this 'Champions wall' from a team who haven't been champions of their country in 30 years without a hint of irony.

It's been there since Anfield was done up, are you only noticing now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I expect it to be a lot tighter than the league table suggests, Man Utd will raise their game as per usual against Liverpool.

Still expect a Liverpool win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Emergence? Did they just stick one up last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Peatys wrote: »
    If Ole can get 11 lads who are still interested in playing at 100% they may have a chance. But mutd have neither the manger or players for that.. so no chance.

I've no doubt United will play out of their skin today - whether it'll be enough is the question.

If Liverpool win we'll be made work hard for it but I obviously hope my fellow, more optimistic, fans are correct. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fieldog wrote: »
    It's been there since Anfield was done up, are you only noticing now?

Only since it's been in colour. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mcgragger

Its rarely easy on the eye these games but who cares about the quality if your team wins. I remember years ago some ****e games like the two at Anfield when Tevez one year and OShea another get late late winners.
    Then you have Danny Murphy scoring late at Old Trafford. ****e matches but who cares if your team wins right?

Today there is a massive gulf in class. Klopp has his well oiled machine ready to fire where as Ole is just going week to week hoping he avoids the sack.
    This could get Ugly for United today.

That is unless Liverpool have a day like Ireland did against Liechtenstein in 1995 and have about 50 shots and miss 3 or 4 sitters.

Strange things happen sometimes but this is going to be routine for Liverpool

Ah I must have missed the daily videos in front of it the last few years.

Are they going to change the logo to include the PL trophy next season? We've been told for so long there's no difference between them I presume they'll leave it as is and just change to 19?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭bennyl10

niallo27 wrote: »
    He lied about everything else so why should we start believing Evra now.
    You don’t seriously still think Evra lied in the Suarez situation?

Suarez brought Liverpool to a level of low that should never have been seen. Those T-shirt’s were atrocious.

Carragher has admitted it, some fans need to see this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

More so they haven't added anything to it until last year. Maybe a league cup a decade ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Less and 50 posts in and I can see why match threads never happen anymore on Boards.

"Suarez and Evra..."

*checks date*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

bennyl10 wrote: »

Suarez brought Liverpool to a level of low that should never have been seen. Those T-shirt’s were atrocious.

Ah we're talking about this....deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Charlie19 wrote: »

I never get this idea that united will have a proper go. Under Fergie, he was very pragmatic in these derby games and was often very cautious. He knew the value of a draw at anfield and was often happy to take it.

We will try and park the bus today and counter. That suits us at the minute anyway with the lack of creativity in our team. If Liverpool play to the same as the Leicester game, they will win by 3 or more. Very slim chance of united getting anything from this game.

It's old news now and time to move on but yes, what he told the ref he heard and what he reported were two different things. It's in the report if you had read it. Evra has a dodgy past too of acting the ****.

• Advertisement

niallo will never give up on it I think. He pinned his mast to it back in the day.

Grayditch wrote: »
    "Suarez and Evra..."

*checks date*

Well they did bring it up on sky in fairness, not completely out of no where.

niallo will never give up on it I think. He pinned his mast to it back in the day.

I have come around a bit, Suarez is a ****en headerball. I just dont think there was more to it.

Well they did bring it up on sky in fairness, not completely out of no where.

Apply my post to them, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Evra must have brought it on himself

Is that the road still taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Shaw starts, this could be a massacre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

All the conspiracies about Rashford being fit seem to have been nonsense.

Evra must have brought it on himself

Is that the road still taken?

Hang on nobody said that, racism is very serious. Think before you post in future.

pjohnson wrote: »
    All the conspiracies about Rashford being fit seem to have been nonsense.

Yeah great news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Hang on nobody said that, racism is very serious. Think before you post in future.

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement