If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VA 40" TV

Options
  • 19-01-2020 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

My Samsung that i bought from you guys finally died after 10 years, so looking for a TV.

Was looking at  the Samsung UE43RU7400, but it seems to be a panel lottery between getting a VA or IPS panel (lots of light bleeding when black bars in a movie with IPS seemingly.

I really want to get a VA Panel, as will look be looking at in head on so viewing angles are not a concern. which after a lot of googling leads me to the Panasonic 40" TX40GX800B which is guaranteed to be VA and is well received 

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204029-panasonic-tx40gx800b-40-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

So a good panel that does not have bad light bleed/blooming

Uses are for PS4 (Games and 24fps Blurays) and feeding it content from Plex/Youtube from Shield TV box.

Seemingly the Panny has a gaming mode of 14ms which should be OK for gaming.

What do you guys think of this choice and is the online price the best price?

Another option is the Samsung UE49RU8000 / Samsung UE55RU8000, but unsure what panel it has?

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

moonboy52 wrote: »
    My Samsung that i bought from you guys finally died after 10 years, so looking for a TV.

Was looking at  the Samsung UE43RU7400, but it seems to be a panel lottery between getting a VA or IPS panel (lots of light bleeding when black bars in a movie with IPS seemingly.

I really want to get a VA Panel, as will look be looking at in head on so viewing angles are not a concern. which after a lot of googling leads me to the Panasonic 40" TX40GX800B which is guaranteed to be VA and is well received 

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204029-panasonic-tx40gx800b-40-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

So a good panel that does not have bad light bleed/blooming

Uses are for PS4 (Games and 24fps Blurays) and feeding it content from Plex/Youtube from Shield TV box.

Seemingly the Panny has a gaming mode of 14ms which should be OK for gaming.

What do you guys think of this choice and is the online price the best price?

Many thanks
    Hi moonboy52,

Thanks for the post. It is slim pickins for VA panels in a 40" size but you're right that the Panasonic would be the best to go for at that size. It's probably one of the highest spec 40" TVs we would sell. Even the Samsung entry level QLED 43" TV isn't a VA panel.

We actually have the 50" on display and it is a fantastic set with a great panel and good motion handling.

The best price I would have on the TX40GX800 at the moment would be £499/ 579 euro however I am completely out of stock of them at the moment and waiting for an ETA for new stock arriving in.

Once they change to Buy Now on our website they will be available again but at the moment I am out of stock both in store and in our main warehouse.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Thank you davidS.

Would the Samsung UE49RU8000 / Samsung UE55RU8000 have a VA panel?

Thank you davidS.

Would the Samsung UE49RU8000 / Samsung UE55RU8000 have a VA panel?
    Hi moonboy52,

The UE49RU8000 does have a VA panel but I'm out of stock of these as well! I have just checked the warehouse and we are showing none of them!

I do have stock of the 50" TX50GX800 though and the price on that is £549/ 668 euro

Kind regards

David

Time to ponder a few things.

Not sure if the Panny is ideal for Ps4 gaming compared to the Sammy above that is not in stock

Thank you for the help David

Time to ponder a few things.

Not sure if the Panny is ideal for Ps4 gaming compared to the Sammy above that is not in stock

Thank you for the help David
    No problem, keep me posted!

• Advertisement

Sorry to bother you again guys.

Is there any chance that the Samsung UE49RU8000 / Samsung UE55RU8000 will be available for delivery in the future or i am just better thinking about another model?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Is there any chance that the Samsung UE49RU8000 / Samsung UE55RU8000 will be available for delivery in the future or i am just better thinking about another model?
    Hey MoonBoy52.

These have been out of stock for a week or so now and we have been chasing an ETA on more arriving but with no luck so far.

Hey MoonBoy52.

These have been out of stock for a week or so now and we have been chasing an ETA on more arriving but with no luck so far.
    Cheers Kenny for the reply

Hey MoonBoy52.

No problem MoonBoy52.

If I see my stock file get updated I will post back here for you.

We are checking this everyday as have several customers looking the update :)

Hey MoonBoy52.

No problem MoonBoy52.

If I see my stock file get updated I will post back here for you.

We are checking this everyday as have several customers looking the update :)
    That would be great. Really appreciate it! :)

• Advertisement

No worries MoonBoy52.

Could i cheekily add in the QE55Q70R also, to be kept in mind for a reply or a PM if it comes into stock for delivery

Cheers RS

Could i cheekily add in the QE55Q70R also, to be kept in mind for a reply or a PM if it comes into stock for delivery

Cheers RS
    No problem MoonBoy52.

We are currently awaiting an ETA on the 55Q70, 55Q80 and 55Q85 arriving back in to our main warehouse.

As soon as I know when they are arriving and the quantities I'll pop a post up here.

Sorry to bother you guys,

I take it no news on the QE55Q70R?

The new Sammy models are out soon and am afraid that there will be no more 2019 stock around on RS.

Really want to buy it from you guys and not elsewhere.

Sorry to bother you guys,

I take it no news on the QE55Q70R?

The new Sammy models are out soon and am afraid that there will be no more 2019 stock around on RS.

Really want to buy it from you guys and not elsewhere.
    Hi moonboy52,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

I have had a look, we are showing very limited stock has come into the warehouse however they are currently available only for in store collection.

I can try to get one into the store for you if you would be able to make the trip to collect? I would need to guarantee the stock with th warehouse first though.

Kind regards

David

Thank you for getting back to me David.

Unfortunately i live in Waterford City, and at the moment do not own a car.

I may have to look elsewhere, if the chance of getting one online from RS in the near future is not looking good :(

I will keep checking the site though in the hope :)

Thank you for getting back to me David.

Unfortunately i live in Waterford City, and at the moment do not own a car.

I may have to look elsewhere, if the chance of getting one online from RS in the near future is not looking good :(
    Hi moonboy52,

I will keep an eye out in case there is any change in the next week or so and keep you posted!

Kind regards

David

Thank you David. Appreciate your time 

Thank you David. Appreciate your time 
    No problem moonboy52!

Think i am going to go for a Sony

I am away until next Saturday. If i order would it be possible to arrange a shipping date of say next Friday?

Understand if it is too hard to arrange.

• Advertisement

Think i am going to go for a Sony

I am away until next Saturday. If i order would it be possible to arrange a shipping date of say next Friday?

Understand if it is too hard to arrange.
    Hi moonboy52,

We can hold delivery for whichever day suits so long as it's between Monday-Friday!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Placed an order for the [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]KD55XG9505[/font][font=Montserrat, sans-serif] .[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Went from looking a 400e TV to a 1200e one :P. Got to have them features :)[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Ordered it with "phone me for card details" so i can arrange shipping date[/font]

Edit: Phone call received and ordered

Placed an order for the [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]KD55XG9505[/font][font=Montserrat, sans-serif] .[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Went from looking a 400e TV to a 1200e one :P. Got to have them features :)[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Ordered it with "phone me for card details" so i can arrange shipping date[/font]
    Hey Moonboy52.

The Sony is a cracking television :D

We will give you a call ASAP to sort out the order.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.