Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip?

Options
  • 19-01-2020 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hoping I can get a little help. Myself and my wife are blow ins from the North working in Dublin. We've looked at the commute and Leixlip is ideal in that regard. There are new builds in St Mary's Park that are spot on for us.

Just wondering if people could let me know what the area is like and if there if there are any creches and primary schools nearby with good reputations?

Any insight into the area at all would be much appreciated too, any planned infrastructure developments or anything else of relevance would be welcome too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

quiet area , only problem estate is loughnamona, good pubs and most services on your doorstep. For commuting if youre driving Id avoid buying a house that requires you going through the village , traffic is really becoming a nightmare there now , barnhall meadows / wonderful barn / westfield are new developments without traffic issues as youve other escape routes to the N4

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

St. Mary's is a grand estate.
    I lived in Confey for 15 years before moving across the Rye (we still associate more with Confey now).
    Within Confey itself you have:
    * supermarkets, shops, pubs, restaurants, etc
    * library
    * primary school
    * secondary school
    * GAA club & gym
    * train station
    * bus routes (to city, Blanch, Naas, Maynooth, etc)
    * massive park and canal as amenities

It is probably is easier to get into the city centre from Leixlip than say Lucan. I even find it a pleasant cycle into town (this can actually be quicker than driving or bus).

Within a short distance from Confey you'll find more of the above.

There is a Little Harvard creche beside the new houses at the entrance to Avondale. Our kids were in it for years.

There is a plan to develop north of the train line and canal. However transport access as it currently stands won't be sufficient and they have no concrete plans for any alternative. Expect councillors to dither for a long time to come.

We're blow-ins to Leixlip also having arrived in 2000. Very happy with it and can't see ourselves ever leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 soycuba

Thanks all!

Advertisement