Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lactation tea and cookies

• 19-01-2020 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

My wife was recommended to get the above products to aid her milk production.

The tea was by Fenwick but we never asked where to get them, pharmacy or health food shop. Does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I’m not sure about where to buy the cookies but if you search online there are recipes you can make at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Was she advised by a lactation consultant?. The tea can boost supply in some but reduce in others. As for the cookies. Flapjacks do the job or just eating well in general. And drink drink drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I'm a bit skeptical of these lactataion foods!! Make sure she has easy access to loads of water, the breastfeeding thirst is something else in the first few months, my husband kept a jug of water in my main feeding spots. And loads of easy to quick to make food and snacks., breastfeeding uses 500 calories a day so she may be hungrier than normal. Oats are meant to lactation inducing.... not sure if true but a nice excuse to make lovely warm porridge on the cold mornings and homemade oat cookies.

Tread about diet and supply here https://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothers-diet/mom-diet/#supply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭McSween

Thanks for the replies. Yes she was advised in maternity hospital yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Oh congratulations on the new arrival. A great supply booster in early days is skin on skin contact with the baby and then her hormones will look after a lot else. Remember the baby's stomach is tiny in the early days so even small amounts of the colostrum are enough. When you get home it would be worth looking up your local la leche league or cuidui group for free advice from other mothers, I found this support invaluable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Minier81 wrote: »
    I'm a bit skeptical of these lactataion foods!! Make sure she has easy access to loads of water, the breastfeeding thirst is something else in the first few months, my husband kept a jug of water in my main feeding spots. And loads of easy to quick to make food and snacks., breastfeeding uses 500 calories a day so she may be hungrier than normal. Oats are meant to lactation inducing.... not sure if true but a nice excuse to make lovely warm porridge on the cold mornings and homemade oat cookies.

Tread about diet and supply here https://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothers-diet/mom-diet/#supply

I second this. Loads of water. A massive bowl of porridge for breakfast and I used to snack on homemade or bought flapjacks. Bought some type of tea on my first. Fennel I think. It was mank. Didn’t bother with teas after.

Advertisement