Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still getting emails after choosing not to

Options
  • 19-01-2020 11:28pm
    Subscribers Posts: 41,595 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    i recently changed my account email address from a really old one.

i dont want to receive email notifications for every thread im in, so ive selected "no email notification" in the email options of the control panel.

however im still getting email notifications for every reply.

can any one help please

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's not retroactive for already subscribed threads. Have you unsubbed from those as well?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,595 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Spear wrote: »
    It's not retroactive for already subscribed threads. Have you unsubbed from those as well?

Do I have to select no email notifications from every thread?

I wasn't receiving notifications until the point at which I changed email address

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi sydthebeat,

I'm afraid I'm not sure why a change of email address would trigger notifications being received unless your previous email was assigning emails from Boards to a Spam folder (and possibly ended up on a blacklist as a result). It would be best to update your preferences for each thread that you are getting notifications about. In the Subscriptions list, you can check the box in the header (beside "Last Post" , "Notification") to get through the list a little faster. Please select "No email notification" from the dropdown and hit Save on a page by page basis though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,595 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi sydthebeat,

I'm afraid I'm not sure why a change of email address would trigger notifications being received unless your previous email was assigning emails from Boards to a Spam folder (and possibly ended up on a blacklist as a result). It would be best to update your preferences for each thread that you are getting notifications about. In the Subscriptions list, you can check the box in the header (beside "Last Post" , "Notification") to get through the list a little faster. Please select "No email notification" from the dropdown and hit Save on a page by page basis though.

thanks Mark

maybe my old eircom.net address was blacklisted, i dont know... theres no boards emails in my spam folder for my old address.

ill try the above and see what happens, thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement