If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio Apex A40

Options
  • 19-01-2020 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi looking for a price on 2 of these in black

Thanks

John

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Spinone wrote: »
    Hi looking for a price on 2 of these in black

Thanks

John
    Hi John,

I don't currently have these available in store but I would be able to order them directly from Monitor Audio.

I could do 2 including shipping for £790.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Hi sorry for the delay , ok thanks will have a think , I’m looking at maybe going slim floorstanders as the A40s are still classed as small when setting them in Av receiver , Any Monitor Audio bargains as an upgrade form my A10s ?

Looking to run fronts as large so can use with the 2 Rel T 9s I bought off u recently

Thanks
    John

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi sorry for the delay , ok thanks will have a think , I’m looking at maybe going slim floorstanders as the A40s are still classed as small when setting them in Av receiver , Any Monitor Audio bargains as an upgrade form my A10s ?

Looking to run fronts as large so can use with the 2 Rel T 9s I bought off u recently

Thanks
    John
    Hi John.

I think you may have gotten things the wrong way around.

Large means that the fronts will run as full range speakers. Small means that they will not get the ultra-low frequencies. Those low frequencies will be sent exclusively to the Sub.

If they are set to large, you have more speakers running the bass, and that can make for some pretty heavy bass, but at the sacrifice of mid-range clarity.

To get the best from a subwoofer the fronts are best set to small regardless if they can handle the lower frequencies.

You can always switch between the two to see which sound you prefer.

For a slim floor standing speaker there really is only the Monitor Audio Radius 270's which are priced at 799 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202019-monitor-audio-radius-270-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi sorry for long delay , your right on the large spk bit , not sure where I was going

Anyway , do you have any deals on B&W px or PX7 headphones.?

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Spinny - long time no chat!

We do indeed have a deal on the B&W PX7 - in the Silver finish ( which is really Grey) they are reduced at the moment to just £279 / €329 - check them out here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204455-bowers-wilkins-px7-silver-over-ear-wireless-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-mic-closed-back-headphones.aspx

Today is actually the first day that we are shipping B&W into the ROI - We are delighted to finally agree terms with B&W to allow us to supply this iconic brand to all our ROI Customers :D

Thanks again Spinone and as ever keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Cheers guys ordered today , looking forward to hearing these on Friday ..

John.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

John.
    Hey Spinone.

Thanks for the order.

They will be shipping out today and DPD will drop you a text with tracking details.

John.
    Hey Spinone.

Thanks for the order.

They will be shipping out today and DPD will drop you a text with tracking details.
    Hi received and sounding excellent, can't believe the bass.. 
    Cheers for the usual excellent service.. 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

John.
    Hey Spinone.

Thanks for the order.

Hi received and sounding excellent, can't believe the bass.. 
    Cheers for the usual excellent service.. 
    Thanks for the post Spinone! Delighted to hear you're happy with the new speakers!

If you need anything else just drop us a post!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.