Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time teen insurance.

• 20-01-2020 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

So I have a daughter turning 17 shortly and thinkg about teaching her to drive.

I just set up a quote to get a rough idea of what the rates are like. While she is not 17 yet, so no licence or car, I put in girl, 17 last week, on a little 1.2 micra, first provisional, and got a quote back from axa of 5500 euro.
    There was a drivesafe option with an app that monitors and reports back, that came in at 5300 euro!
    I knew things were bad, but bloody hell!. I am aware that if she goes named on my policy, while she learns to drive, it will be much cheaper, but was just curious.

So. Anyone got any pointer or tips about where to look and consider here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭treascon

Aviva. They do the driving lessons pack for €495 + she’ll get 6 months on your policy. Can be extended out in 3 month installments after that if needs be. Seems to be the only way to get a young starter going in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

treascon wrote: »
    Aviva. They do the driving lessons pack for €495 + she’ll get 6 months on your policy. Can be extended out in 3 month installments after that if needs be. Seems to be the only way to get a young starter going in this country

I found them via other threads, but it appears to be based upon the parent having an aviva policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭treascon

Yes this is the case but couldn't you look at them as an option at your next renewal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

treascon wrote: »
    Yes this is the case but couldn't you look at them as an option at your next renewal?

Will do. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement