Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 24 - Captain Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

893bet wrote: »
    I am doing it. I feel it in my waters that it’s his week.
    There's certainly a good argument for it given his away form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Salah TC. Fcuk it. Have a good feeling about it, and I've nothing really to play for. Main rival is 129 pts ahead of me, and he is TC Mane. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

CSF wrote: »
    Would be fairly certain Salah and Mane will both be odds on for a goal against West Ham.

See one British bookie going 7/5 on both of them for the Wolves game. Most closer to evens though now I've looked around. They do generally fancy them and starting to think that way myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Really want to captain one of the pool guys but have fond memories of Kuns 63 for me last season against Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Some people say this week's captain choice is defining, Given that the majority of people are going to go with either Salah/Mane, and a decent % of these will have both, I don't think it's as season defining as it could be. like roughly speaking, you would expect the difference between TC Mane and TC Salah (assuming you have both), to be no more than 25 points, unless you get really unlucky - in that one doesn't play one of the games and blanks in the other.

Someone going for TC Bobby and him scoring a 4/5 goals over the 2 games, while Salah/Mane do nothing and Wolves/West Ham both score, will no doubt propel that person up the rankings, but as per the poll there are very few taking that risk.

I would love to go for Aguero this week, I really would given his form, but it's the week, that if I wrong, then I would be annihilated, and just having him should help if he does score a few.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Wolves are 8/15 to score a goal in that game. West Ham are 8/13 to.

Trent has 45 points from attacking returns.
    Salah has 70 points from attacking returns.
    Mane has has 79 points from attacking returns.
    Salah has played a game less than Mane. Trent one more than Mane again.

This is an overly simplistic view of things, admittedly, and Trent is more likely to pick up bonus points if he does get returns, but I’m a lot more worried about a 4 point score from Trent than I am the other 2, and I wouldn’t say I’m especially more confident about a 20 plus score from him than I am the other 2 (Mane is the one who rules the roost with 6 double digit scores).

Milner remains injured and Salah is gonna get to take a penalty (-6 for a miss impending) at some stage soon right?

Wolves have scored in every home games in the league this season, I think anyone that is still debating which way to go need to think carefully - like as bad as United where, Martial and Pereira should have scored, would you be as confident doubling up had pool conceded at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Thinking of VVD captain. He was immense on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

nagging doubt that Wolves will score - maybe its cause I hold 2 of their assets - so might move from TAA to Firminio. any thoughts? The Brazilian has 7 goals and 2 assists in 10 away games this season, plenty bonus in there too. its a risk but because i'm so far back in mini leagues i have to take it anyway so its either or. I have Mane as well but he's been off the boil in the games i've watched and looks jaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    nagging doubt that Wolves will score - maybe its cause I hold 2 of their assets - so might move from TAA to Firminio. any thoughts? The Brazilian has 7 goals and 2 assists in 10 away games this season, plenty bonus in there too. its a risk but because i'm so far back in mini leagues i have to take it anyway so its either or. I have Mane as well but he's been off the boil in the games i've watched and looks jaded.

Wolves have scored in all of their home games this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Morzadec wrote: »

My only argument for TAA is that I have both Salah/Mane, whereas a lot would have two Pool defenders and just one of Salah/Mane. Captaining TAA could spread my load around so that essentially I have a double Liverpool defence and I'm arguably quite well covered in attack anyway, but I still am happier going with Salah overall especially when we're talking about triple captain.

Morzadec, I've been thinking over my choice of TAA as captain since I read this. You’re right about spreading the load, I’ve Jomez as well as TAA. I wish I had Salah, it would be an easy choice but I’m going to have to switch to Mane. I’m at 50k so I’m not looking to make up massive ground, in fact going without Salah this week and Aguero being a rotation risk I think I’d be happy enough with a grey arrow, anything else is a bonus.
    Armband back on Mane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

thunderdog wrote: »
    Wolves have scored in all of their home games this season.

Jimi hadn't scored a PL brace before Saturday, no one had kept 7 clean sheets in a decade before Sunday.

Sh!t changes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Firminios away starts are far superior to Slah or Mane, not sure i can ignore that, plus Salah was fairly bang average at the weekend, seeing nothing to suggest he is bang on form

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Salah Triple Captain

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With a DGW & Pool in form i feel forced to use my TC on Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

miller82 wrote: »
    Firminios away starts are far superior to Slah or Mane, not sure i can ignore that, plus Salah was fairly bang average at the weekend, seeing nothing to suggest he is bang on form

He still had the best chance of the game that he missed. He also could have had an assist or two.

i think i feel stomach ulcer coming over this Salah v Firminio TC issue

Green&Red wrote: »
    Jimi hadn't scored a PL brace before Saturday, no one had kept 7 clean sheets in a decade before Sunday.

Sh!t changes

You mean there’s a chance that Liverpool lose 2-1 with a goal from Ox?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Green&Red wrote: »

Sh!t changes

I’m hoping it does change as I have TAA and Robertson. Hopefully 8th clean sheet in a row for the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He still had the best chance of the game that he missed. He also could have had an assist or two.

and United seemed to triple up on that wing to manage him and TAA, all the space was on the left....

Hes the right choice (if there is one)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Salah TC for me,returns have diminished over the last couple of weeks for me after quite a while of getting nothing wrong. Need to get back on track after dropping 60k places OR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

getting squeamish close to the deadline

For Salah followers would GW 28 or 29 make more sense to triple captain him against his favourite opposition Bournemouth or Watford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

went to mane and now back to TAA...I think im mad and will prob bottle it to Salah before the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Gone with fun Bobby as C

Mane and TAA were the other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Mane
    Would put tc on taa if I had him

Think there's be a better opportunity for tc again.
    Salah, mane or firmino could do well, like most it's impossible to know which and should they score 3/4 goals over the two it's likely taa will be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Gone with fun Bobby as C

Mane and TAA were the other options.

Going with Bobby too.... Having a bad season.... Just over 1100points sitting around 3millionth.

Here's hoping for a double hatrick lol

anyone have Firminio and Salah and going with Firminio as captain ? :o

TC Salah.

*Gulp*

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Salah TC for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Triple Salah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Both 'pool games away from home. All in on Bobby!

Advertisement