Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone data roll over issues

Options
  • 20-01-2020 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently ported to Vodafone and am on Chat Extra.
    My issue is that my unused data from previous month isn't being rolled over correctly.
    I think I'm correct in thinking if I have 4gbs left, this rolls over?
    Anyhow, I've gotten texts saying I have 1gb left and this is all that is rolled over. I had 4 left and still only got 1.
    I've been onto Chat and the are basically saying because it's an automated text saying I've 1gb left, they can't do anything.
    This isn't acceptable.
    Anyone else have the same issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Their system is probably set up for the old Chat Extra allowance of 1GB.

Is My Vodafone showing the same info as the text?

Lodge a complaint but it's likely it will take a while to resolve as others are reporting a decline in the quality of Vodafones customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

When I tap the data icon on the App, it reads correctly. I requested a call back and they are after crediting me with the 3 gbs. I don't want to be ringing every month though.
    God I bought a ready to go phone years ago with 50 euro free credit. I had to email every month to get my free 10euro credit.
    Thanks for your help

Looking at App and it's showing 11 on the plan and the added 3 gbs as promotional data.
    I could have the same problem next month.
    Maybe it'll get sorted by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Having the same issue though I should have about 9GB to rollover.

It's clearly 10GB of data (was 1GB) not 1GB and 9GB bonus credit.

I've also remembered I should have received cash back from them too as I ported over over Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Having the same issue though I should have about 9GB to rollover.

It's clearly 10GB of data (was 1GB) not 1GB and 9GB bonus credit.

I've also remembered I should have received cash back from them too as I ported over over Christmas

Contacted them through Twitter and very impressed with the customer support.

I got the missing data credited (although not sure what will happen next month) and they added the sign up bonus credit to my account

• Advertisement

So, I have same issue again this month. I knew I would a few days ago, as I got a text reminder for top up and telling me I had 1024mb data left.

In reality I had 8gb. I rang customer care then and was assured the issue was sorted.
    I rang again today when I was sure the issue isn't sorted. The girl in customer care was trying to convince me I should only be getting 1gb. I'm on Chat Extra so data should rollover.

I've requested a call back from a supervisor or line manager.
    What's the best way of making a complaint to Vodafone?
    On their website they say you need a reference number. Should I ask for this to go ahead with a complaint if necessary?

Thanks in advance. I would move provider but Vodafone has the best signal and data speeds for my needs. But they sure are painful to deal with!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

On their website they say you need a reference number. Should I ask for this to go ahead with a complaint if necessary?

Yes, unless and until they give a ref number, they will just fob you off in the hope you'll give up. If they don't resolve it then go to Comreg who will ask for the ref number before they intervene.

Postmobile also have data rollover and have the same coverage as Vodafone, no experience of their customer service so if you decided to move from Vodafone, trial Post mobile for a month before porting

Advertisement