Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE2020: Kildare North

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Did not see any campaigning from Réada Cronin. There is a huge wave against the big two. Failure to act on health, housing and glaring mismanagement of public funds roost. Its not all about the economy.

This election will be absolutely historic

Children being walked around all night in winter because the market won't provide a house. If it was all about council housing for me in my lovely house then what's it like for people who are renting and at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Glad to see FF overtake catherine murphy but surprised orourke is out behind lawless

Glad to see FF overtake catherine murphy but surprised orourke is out behind lawless
    O'Rourke epitomises Fianna Fail voters.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Don't get this. Do you mean anti car?

Agree here, it def exists and can be improved.

Yes anti car, he might be fine for those who live on a train line and get to dublin but theres a hell of a lot of people in KN who need a car for work and there will never be an alternative

• Advertisement

Yes anti car, he might be fine for those who live on a train line and get to dublin but theres a hell of a lot of people in KN who need a car for work and there will never be an alternative

Motorbike.
    There's your problem solved in one word!

Frankie is ahead of Lawless according to the earlier tweet

Frankie is ahead of Lawless according to the earlier tweet

Sorry yes i got that the wrong way around, but surprised lawless is behind

Motorbike.
    There's your problem solved in one word!

I dont like accusing people of trolling but a lot of your posts are so detached from reality that I think its a safer option than beliving I live in the same constituency as people who genuinely believe in things like this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Surely KN is one of the best connected constituencies in the commuter belt? Two train lines must put a lot of stations within driving or cycling distance of most of the population, barring maybe Clane and Prosperous areas.

• Advertisement

buffalo wrote: »
    Surely KN is one of the best connected constituencies in the commuter belt? Two train lines must put a lot of stations within driving or cycling distance of most of the population, barring maybe Clane and Prosperous areas.

It is yet we still have heavy car relliance, its a constituency that proves the green proposals cant work , we have all the options yet still need cars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Problem with KN is if you don’t live within walking distance of trains parking is for the early birds. Sallins is a prime example.

Surprised frank ahead of James. Hadn’t seen anything from croinin in my area bar posters going up late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Apparently most of the Naas area boxes still to be opened

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Wicklow is best connected. 6 Dublin bus routes and a DART line. Sallins has a lot of problems that will probably never be solved. Very few trains run to the city centre. And it is not included in DART expansion. And it doesn’t have sufficient parking. Trains are completely over-congested and people standing in trains that are designed to go on a trip down the countryside, not commuter trains. Dangerous.

If you live in Maynooth or Celbridge, you are pretty well connected though.

In order for DART or Kildare/maynooth commuter trains to be effective, you need an integrated public transit system in the city. Metros aré crucial and more luas lines. We haven’t seen this. If we had a left wing perhaps Nordic type led government, we might be able to adopt a public transit system similar to that in Amsterdam or Vienna or other cities.

The car is not the answer to Kildare north, Wicklow or Meath commuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

gar wrote: »

All the boxes were opened by about 11; unless they physically lost them or something. They may not have been put on to the tally spreadsheet yet (as there's quite a bit of crosschecking etc done). There were definitely Naas boxes opened/tallied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

gar wrote: »

I'm surprised to see Martin and Lawless doing so poor, this would explain that though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

L1011 wrote: »
    All the boxes were opened by about 11; unless they physically lost them or something. They may not have been put on to the tally spreadsheet yet (as there's quite a bit of crosschecking etc done). There were definitely Naas boxes opened/tallied.

Just from rte North Kildare Twitter. See pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

L1011 wrote: »
    Possibly topped the poll in Maynooth, which saw fit to dump her 9 months ago. Politics is extremely strange

Gets even stranger: here in KS, the shinner who f**ked off on holidays did no canvassing is topping the poll.

Crazy stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I’ve never even heard of the SF candidate in n Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Serious performance from Sinn Fein in the county.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

It's great to see the FF FG stranglehold on the county finally broken a truly wonderful day

It’s really a protest vote. People are totally disenchanted. I looked at the ballot paper and there was literally no choice. I still didn’t vote SF though.

The problem with these protest votes is that they usually end in disaster.

First BREXIT, then Trump, this is the same. Can’t see it being positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

anewme wrote: »
    It’s really a protest vote. People are totally disenchanted. I looked at the ballot paper and there was literally no choice. I still didn’t vote SF though.

The problem with these protest votes is that they usually end in disaster.

First BREXIT, then Trump, this is the same. Can’t see it being positive.
    The difference is the protest anti-establishment vote in this country is left wing, unlike the UK, US and others.

Tomrota wrote: »
    The difference is the protest anti-establishment vote in this country is left wing, unlike the UK, US and others.

Still down to ‘can’t be any worse than the ones we have’.

Interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Gets even stranger: here in KS, the shinner who f**ked off on holidays did no canvassing is topping the poll.

Crazy stuff!!!
    She is quite well know from the local elections around kildare, Monasterevin, rathangan and portarlington while she might have gone awol for a week she still had people going around canvassing. Because of her holiday she did a lot of canvassing closer to polling day.
    I wasn’t for a second expecting her to top the poll but I had an idea she might have been in a fight for the last seat. I think SF would have easily got two seats in kildare south now and it probably would have been better for someone with more experience to get elected. Ryan is very very new to the political game.

Still down to ‘can’t be any worse than the ones we have’.
    Of course it can be worse!

Of course it can be worse!

I think it’s going to be an absolute disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I think it’s going to be an absolute disaster!

Ireland’s economic collapse is literally a case study in most academic economic teaching material, if it’s to be worse than that, Ireland would have the number one and number two worse economic collapses in the western world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Scoundrel wrote: »
    It's great to see the FF FG stranglehold on the county finally broken a truly wonderful day

I'm happy the young people decided to come out and vote for change. We've had 100 years of FFG.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement