Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE2020: Kildare North

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

several have brought down their rates though. I'm with AIB and it has dropped 3 times in the last 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

several have brought down their rates though. I'm with AIB and it has dropped 3 times in the last 4 years.

It’s still disproportionately high though. Anything above 2% is damaging to the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Valhallapt wrote: »
    It’s still disproportionately high though. Anything above 2% is damaging to the economy.

Sure, what we need now is cheaper mortgages. That's the solution to the housing crisis.

buffalo wrote: »
    Sure, what we need now is cheaper mortgages. That's the solution to the housing crisis.

How did you form that opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

How did you form that opinion?

• Advertisement

buffalo wrote: »

I still don’t get it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Maybe people could take interest rate discussions to another forum?? This is about the general election...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Maybe people could take interest rate discussions to another forum?? This is about the general election...

Well I think they go hand in hand. The reason people voted for change is relevant to be fair.

Should have count 5 just after 11, I’m hearing Lawlor transferring to durkin well. I’d say durkin is most likely to take fourth seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Well I think they go hand in hand. The reason people voted for change is relevant to be fair.

I don't care about an interest rate discussion. I care about the General Election. This is the thread for the General Election. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Should have count 5 just after 11, I’m hearing Lawlor transferring to durkin well. I’d say durkin is most likely to take fourth seat.

Yeah I think Frank's in big trouble. Most of lawlors votes should transfer to Durkin. It'll then go down to where Martin's votes transfer. I'd imagine a lot would go SF first...then sd after. 4th + prefs could decide this!

Count 5
    Reada Cronin (sf) +109 (9732)
    Bernard Durkin (fg) + 2515 (8521)
    James Lawless (ff) 492 (7909)
    Frank O’rourke (ff) +203 (7238)
    Vincent P Martin (gn) +463 (6674) eliminated.
    No quota reached distribution of Martins votes

I'm disappointed to see Martin gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

daheff wrote: »
    Yeah I think Frank's in big trouble. Most of lawlors votes should transfer to Durkin. It'll then go down to where Martin's votes transfer. I'd imagine a lot would go SF first...then sd after. 4th + prefs could decide this!

Count 5

Cronin +109 (+9732)
    Durkan +2515 (8521)
    Lawless +492 (7909)
    O'rourke +209 (7238)
    Martin +463 (6674)

Martin eliminated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

And they did. That's Durkan safe and I can't see Frank getting transfers from Green. They'll go SF, Lawless and non-transferable.

Count 5
    Reada Cronin (sf) +109 (9732)
    Bernard Durkin (fg) + 2515 (8521)
    James Lawless (ff) 492 (7909)
    Frank O’rourke (ff) +203 (7238)
    Vincent P Martin (gn) +463 (6674) eliminated.
    No quota reached distribution of Martins votes

I'm disappointed to see Martin gone

Its still very tight, I can see Martins vote going everywhere buy slight preference to Cronin and Lawless which is all they need

Cronin doesn't need them - she's in anyway. I looked at Martin's count yesterday and they are going geographically and left. There will be a lot of non-transferable votes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

If a company like intel decided to halt building because of opressive tax regimes thatll be needed to build all these free shinner gafs , youd certainly see ‘change’

Right wing nonsense no such thing as free houses and as for opressive tax regimes all SF are asking is that intel and other major corporations actually pay what they owe.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Right wing nonsense no such thing as free houses and as for opressive tax regimes all SF are asking is that intel and other major corporations actually pay what they owe.
    What do they actually owe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Scoundrel wrote: »

Pretty sure mncs pay their taxes according to prevailing tax law. Otherwise revenue & auditors would have all kind of flags going off

Pretty sure mncs pay their taxes according to prevailing tax law. Otherwise revenue & auditors would have all kind of flags going off

This.

Its not the MNCs fault tax is next or nothing. Thats what needs changing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

There's enormous sums of money coming in from the MNCs.

On the bright side if Intel decided to leave North Kildare it would sort out a chunk of the housing crisis there pretty sharpish. :pac:

There's enormous sums of money coming in from the MNCs.

On the bright side if Intel decided to leave North Kildare it would sort out a chunk of the housing crisis there pretty sharpish. :pac:

Yeh but people seems to buy the dooms day scenrios being put out there by ibec and FFG that if Intel etc were asked to pay a little extra in tue way of tax they'd be gone. Its not that simplistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Its still very tight, I can see Martins vote going everywhere buy slight preference to Cronin and Lawless which is all they need

Yeah, Martin is Sallins too, so you'd imagine he'd transfer more to Lawless than O'Rourke

Cronin (+1347) 11,079 - Elected
    Durkan (+1037) 10,258 - Elected
    Lawless (+1488) 9,357 -
    O'Rourke (+718) 7,958 -

Last seat between Lawless and O'Rourke, has to be Lawless'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

BaronVon wrote: »
    Last seat between Lawless and O'Rourke, has to be Lawless'

Is O'Rourke not gone. Lawless is ahead of him and their are no more candidates to eliminate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Frank is gone.

ShyMets wrote: »
    Is O'Rourke not gone. Lawless is ahead of him and their are no more candidates to eliminate.

O'Rourke is gone. The count is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Orion wrote: »
    O'Rourke is gone. The count is over.

Can't say I'll be shedding too many tears over that

• Advertisement

Neither will a lot of FF tbh.

Advertisement