Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE2020: Kildare North

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'd love SF to run the country... for about 6 months. So A, people can see they are full of **** and lies and B, the shinners find out that maybe the simple issues they plan to fix are not quite as simple as they seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

So more of FFG then?

Brian Cowen cut taxes in late 2007 when it was obvious the house was on fire. Everyone seemed to know except him. It's been ABFF for me since then. In the run up to the election I added SF to that for several reasons, but the largest was economic.

I gave a number on my ballot paper to everyone except FF and SF, as much as it pained me as the FG lad is borderline useless if you look at his history of parliamentary questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

n97 mini wrote: »
    I understand from Twitter that Cronin was (maybe still is) pals with and a supporter of Gemma O'Doherty? Would explain the conspiracy theory aspect.

The picture circulating is from 2015. Before GoD went full Gemma. Back then people didn't realise what a complete loon she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Brian Cowen cut taxes in late 2007 when it was obvious the house was on fire. Everyone seemed to know except him. It's been ABFF for me since then. In the run up to the election I added SF to that for several reasons, but the largest was economic.

I gave a number on my ballot paper to everyone except FF and SF, as much as it pained me as the FG lad is borderline useless if you look at his history of parliamentary questions.
    Bernard Durkan is great value!

Bernard Durkan is great value!

Is he?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tds-2500-questions-come-at-half-million-euro-cost-to-taxpayer-26808385.html

If you look up his actual questions, a large quantity are related to individuals who don't live in Kildare North, and have nothing to do with the national interest. He seems to be the go-to man on certain topics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭daheff

Elelction posters help children begin to engage with democracy.

They've only encouraged kids out my way to write offensive things on them!

Is he?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tds-2500-questions-come-at-half-million-euro-cost-to-taxpayer-26808385.html

If you look up his actual questions, a large quantity are related to individuals who don't like in Kildare North, and have nothing to do with the national interest. He seems to be the go-to man on certain topics.
    He will ask a question for you if you ask.

He will ask a question for you if you ask.

Evidently. Even if you live in Cork, Kerry, Donegal, etc.

Orion wrote: »
    The picture circulating is from 2015. Before GoD went full Gemma. Back then people didn't realise what a complete loon she was.

So the picture circulating is a cropped version of this one. It was an international women's day photo at the EP offices in Dublin of SF politicians who'd been first elected in 2014 alongside Gemma who had not yet lost the plot at that stage.

Funnily enough one account sharing that photo on Twitter is a Poppintree named account - same location a former member of SF - who is also in this photo - is from.

ERA1dvhWAAI0TU7?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Reada Cronin is still in the news:

https://gript.ie/reada_cronin_controversy/?fbclid=IwAR0TnBOWtLsC7t18ondJyG8tqEj1VDQq5ngXhvaKgXsEcdPKQPLlPYFgUbU

UPDATE: Six hours after Gript broke this story, Reada Cronin’s account and all 125,000 tweets on it were deleted.

• Advertisement

Rosahane wrote: »

https://gript.ie/reada_cronin_controversy/?fbclid=IwAR0TnBOWtLsC7t18ondJyG8tqEj1VDQq5ngXhvaKgXsEcdPKQPLlPYFgUbU

UPDATE: Six hours after Gript broke this story, Reada Cronin’s account and all 125,000 tweets on it were deleted.
    Gript isn't the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is a sliding timeline of when it was acceptable to be seen support Gemma. 2014/15 is absolutely fine. 2018 on is when its an issue.

Probably the same poor intern having to try clean up the Clare TDs Twitter has had a second thankless task dumped on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Gript isn't the news.

Is the report in the link truthful or not?

Did Reada Cronin tweet as is reported?

Do you agree or disagree with the views of the TD?

Gript isn't the news.

Do you have any information that disproves the story?

If you have please enlighten us. Otherwise ...

L1011 wrote: »
    There is a sliding timeline of when it was acceptable to be seen support Gemma. 2014/15 is absolutely fine. 2018 on is when its an issue.

Probably the same poor intern having to try clean up the Clare TDs Twitter has had a second thankless task dumped on them!

Her tweet with the photo of the monkeys on PCs is particularly ironic coming from a shinner, ...one is sorely tempted to provide a different interpretation :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

See here: https://twitter.com/voodoo_criminol/status/501515049735696384 she said that she thought that this was the Israeli Embassy. The sort of comment that has led to sackings/resignations elsewhere.

See here: https://twitter.com/voodoo_criminol/status/501515049735696384 she said that she thought that this was the Israeli Embassy. The sort of comment that has led to sackings/resignations elsewhere.

More like the shinner Ard Chomhairle being informed of party policy by Slab :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭buffalo

They weren't deleted, but the account is now private. Holy moly there's some incredible stuff in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

really doesn't like the Jews, does she?

There is what would have been resignation-grade material for most parties there, until Murphy and Clifford-Lee weren't deselected before November probably.

• Advertisement

The "private citizen" excuse for May 2019-January 2020 content when she was already the selected candidate for the GE from mid 2018 is particularly pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Embarassed for anyone who voted for this fool.

LOL - Gript as news. That's the funniest thing I've heard all month.

really doesn't like the Jews, does she?

That is complete bull$hit. I know Reada personally. She is not anti-semitic in the slightest. Opposing Israeli government foreign policy and human rights abuses does not make you anti-semitic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

I followed Reada on twitter from before the local in 2014 i ended up having to stop following her in 2018 as the stuff was woeful not insulting to any group but read like someone who posted without thinking.

I disagree with any politican that goes with the private citizen line. Example being justin trudeau and the issues around blackface which was 7 years before he entered politcs.

Why someone did not check all canditates twitters before the election particularly after Lorraine Clifford Lee to ensure nothing could come back i dont know this is not just SF but all parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

That is complete bull$hit. I know Reada personally. She is not anti-semitic in the slightest. Opposing Israeli government foreign policy and human rights abuses does not make you anti-semitic.

I’m pretty sure her comments would be classed as anti semitic if you look at them objectively.

Why has her own party distanced itself from her comments if there’s nothing wrong with them?

Do you have any clarification for us on her other comments?

SF/IRA have always had close links with anti Israeli terrorism including close links with Gadaffi. Didn’t the PLO or Fatah even train some them in the 1970’s.

You don’t hear any condemnation of terrorism against Israel from the shinners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

why does she keep repeating anti-semitic conspiracy theories then?

and just other conspiracy theory nonsense?

I oppose the Israeli government on many things, and have been to Palestine and wholly support their cause, but some of the stuff Reada is propagating there is straight from the anti-semitic "jews control the world" playbook, and is bat**** mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

"hitler was a pawn of jewish banks"

Yes, I mean this is obviously a dig at Israeli foreign policy.

Advertisement