Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE2020: Kildare North

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Orion wrote: »
    That is complete bull$hit. I know Reada personally. She is not anti-semitic in the slightest. Opposing Israeli government foreign policy and human rights abuses does not make you anti-semitic.

Since you know her personally... can you ask her about the fluoridation of water to control the masses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

"hitler was a pawn of jewish banks"

Yes, I mean this is obviously a dig at Israeli foreign policy.

Have another look - she didn't say that. Somebody replying to her did. At least get your facts straight.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Since you know her personally... can you ask her about the fluoridation of water to control the masses?

I did. I got a satisfactory answer. It was also from 2013!

Why don't you ask her yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Have another look - she didn't say that. Somebody replying to her did. At least get your facts straight.

I can't, she's blocked all her tweets, surely someone with nothing to hide wouldn't hide anything? :confused:

Twitter is not the only (or even recommended) way to contact her.

And that's also crap btw. She explained why she went private - it was because of the abuse she was getting from people like you.

Anyway I'm done with this aspect of the thread. I'm not here to defend SF - I don't even like the party. Some people have their minds made up about Reada and SF and will jump on anything that suits their agenda - like a Murdoch press inspired hatchet job followed by Youth Defence hatchet job. And then Youth Defence go on to write another article complaining about abuse that the eternal dick that is Ronan Mullen gets.

• Advertisement

I did. I got a satisfactory answer. It was also from 2013!

Why don't you ask her yourself?

Because I do not know her personally, and would prefer not to

Twitter is not the only (or even recommended) way to contact her.

And that's also crap btw. She explained why she went private - it was because of the abuse she was getting from people like you.

Anyway I'm done with this aspect of the thread. I'm not here to defend SF - I don't even like the party. Some people have their minds made up about Reada and SF and will jump on anything that suits their agenda - like a Murdoch press inspired hatchet job followed by Youth Defence hatchet job. And then Youth Defence go on to write another article complaining about abuse that the eternal dick that is Ronan Mullen gets.

ERH8jTWX0AEop0O?format=jpg&name=medium

I have not contacted her as I refuse to attack a person privately for anything public related, however, if that person puts themselves up for election, I will certainly assess their public persona and comment upon it if I see fit, as have you.

I don't like SF either, or FF, or FG, for what ever it's worth.

Tell you the truth though - What I really don't like are fuckin eejits, whether she's racist/anti semetic/stupid or not, she's certainly a fuckin eejit for putting shite like this out in public, as a public rep. Did she never expect scrutiny?

Because I do not know her personally, and would prefer not to

Fair enough - so you're quite happy to take a youth defence pamphlet at face value rather than ask the person who's being accused of all sorts of things. Good to know.

ERH8jTWX0AEop0O?format=jpg&name=medium

I have not contacted her as I refuse to attack a person privately for anything public related, however, if that person puts themselves up for election, I will certainly assess their public persona and comment upon it if I see fit, as have you.

I don't like SF either, or FF, or FG, for what ever it's worth.

Tell you the truth though - What I really don't like are fuckin eejits, whether she's racist/anti semetic/stupid or not, she's certainly a fuckin eejit for putting shite like this out in public, as a public rep. Did she never expect scrutiny?

Well there is a certain judge in the Irish judiciary that I would like to see investigated. His sentencing record is extremely suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

She's well able to deal out abuse to other politicians / parties, online and offline so I do not buy this at all. There will be mass deletion of old tweets going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

That @Revolution-IRL character shes talking to is one of the angriest men on irish twitter.

https://twitter.com/Revolution_IRL/status/1228674340423716870

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

L1011 wrote: »
    She's well able to deal out abuse to other politicians / parties, online and offline so I do not buy this at all. There will be mass deletion of old tweets going on.

+1

Well there is a certain judge in the Irish judiciary that I would like to see investigated. His sentencing record is extremely suspicious.

It is not acceptable for a public rep to tweet shit like that, and you know it.

And to emphasise, a SF member (going for election) criticising the judiciary, while running on a manifesto of reduction of power/removal of the SCC, is not a good look, I mean Jesus Christ a bit of savvy wouldn't go astray.

Fair enough - so you're quite happy to take a youth defence pamphlet at face value rather than ask the person who's being accused of all sorts of things. Good to know.

I equally dislike youth defence but... they posted screenshots of all the twitter posts.. there is not much we can dispute unless you are saying they faked the screenshots?

It is not acceptable for a public rep to tweet shit like that, and you know it.

And to emphasise, a SF member (going for election) criticising the judiciary, while running on a manifesto of reduction of power/removal of the SCC, is not a good look, I mean Jesus Christ a bit of savvy wouldn't go astray.

You mean the SCC that various human rights organisations say is unacceptable?

And in Nov 2019 she wasn't a public representative.

I equally dislike youth defence but... they posted screenshots of all the twitter posts.. there is not much we can dispute unless you are saying they faked the screenshots?

I'm not saying they faked anything. But their narrative around them is full of misleading comments and McGuirk style lies. And they have an quite obvious agenda too.

You mean the SCC that various human rights organisations say is unacceptable?

And in Nov 2019 she wasn't a public representative.

Nah, they have concerns about it being used for Drugs gangs, but never expressed any concerns about it being used for it's original purpose - paramilitary. It just irks a lot of the public here to see SF protest against the existence of a court that convicted and jailed quite a few of their members for offenses against the state.

Was she not a public representative in her capacity as an elected councillor no?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was she not a public representative in her capacity as an elected councillor no?

She was voted out in May 2019

She was, however, a declared candidate for the GE with its unknown but likely imminent date.

Nope - she lost that seat in May 2019.

I'm not saying they faked anything. But their narrative around them is full of misleading comments and McGuirk style lies. And they have an quite obvious agenda too.

Oh 100% they have an agenda, I didn't read any of the "article" but I did look at the screenshots. I think that SF and the people defending what she said are naive if they think because she said these A, a couple of years ago and B, while she was not a TD that her comments are not an issue.

Are we to believe her opinions and values changed overnight when she got elected..?

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    She was voted out in May 2019

She was, however, a declared candidate for the GE with its unknown but likely imminent date.
    Nope - she lost that seat in May 2019.

I am wrong, accepted. But alas, still a public rep regardless, and should not paint targets on her own head with ridiculous tweets.

I'm not defending what she said. I am pointing out that this is a purely political based attack from a conservative newspaper and a youth defence rag.

But anyway that's it - we're just going to go around in circles.

Is she an anti-semite? - absolutely not.
    Is she anti-science/anti-vax? - absolutely not. She made a mistake with that flouride post after reading an article in 2012 that was later debunked.
    Is she a supporter of GO'D? No.
    Could she have been smarter? - absolutely she could have been. But nobody gets through life without mistakes. And when the Murdoch press and McGuirk/Youth Defence/Edmond Burke Institute jump on you, you know you've made it.

I'm not defending what she said. I am pointing out that this is a purely political based attack from a conservative newspaper and a youth defence rag.

Is she anti-science/anti-vax? - absolutely not. She made a mistake with that flouride post after reading an article in 2012 that was later debunked.
    Could she have been smarter? - absolutely she could have been. But nobody gets through life without mistakes. And when the Murdoch press and McGuirk/Youth Defence/Edmond Burke Institute jump on you, you know you've made it.

Fair points, and on your last one -

They're all "fair game", this lad had to deal with people at his house at the weekend, it just happens to be her turn today, at least she can leave the gaff I spose.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/protesters-gather-outside-simon-harris-s-home-again-1.3874486

FWIW, party politics is dirt, smearing is dirt, but it has to work all ways. If you're going to join in on the mudslinging, be ready for it to be flung at you. I guess SF as a junior party, have a lot to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I would have to say that the second point doesn't really stand up- she jumped on the anti-fluoridation bandwagon with the specious claim of it poisoning everybody- in spite of her being a lifelong consumer of fluoridated water and not being able to demonstrate any symptoms as a result of this.

baaba maal wrote: »
    I would have to say that the second point doesn't really stand up- she jumped on the anti-fluoridation bandwagon with the specious claim of it poisoning everybody- in spite of her being a lifelong consumer of fluoridated water and not being able to demonstrate any symptoms as a result of this.

aaah but, she said she has since changed her mind... so it is okay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if she's thick enough to believe in "flouride poisoning", then or now, i'd rather she was nowhere near forming or implementing any legislation, let alone representing the area I'm from.

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Pearse Doherty on the 1 o'clock RTE news trying to explain away the problem. Says he hasn't seen the tweets himself (I wonder why!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

n97 mini wrote: »
    Please Doherty on the 1 o'clock RTE news trying to explain away the problem. Says he hasn't seen the tweets himself (I wonder why!)

It's caused plausible deniability :rolleyes:

Rosahane wrote: »
    It's caused plausible deniability :rolleyes:

Same with Mary Lou and the "up the ra" video.... oh, I haven't seen it so cannot comment, I assume he was just singing a song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

She said Hitler was a pawn of Jewish banks, said Mossad were influencing the British elections and compared a bunch of monkeys to the Israeli embassy.

If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Advertisement