Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE2020: Kildare North

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

L1011 wrote: »
    All these things have been reported by other media sources too so you can't write everything off due to where it's been printed

I'm not writing off the planning permission story. It's the opinionated commentary from that tabloid that is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Can't argue that the use of gentrified estate is reaching a bit :pac:

It's a feckin housing estate, you'd think she was living in Carton House the way it's been written :pac:

Her twitter, the planning story and ambulance chaser ex-hubbo all tell enough of a story without making crap up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Irish Times today says they "understand" that Frank is retiring from politics completely now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Can't argue that the use of gentrified estate is reaching a bit :pac:

It's a feckin housing estate, you'd think she was living in Carton House the way it's been written :pac:

Her twitter, the planning story and ambulance chaser ex-hubbo all tell enough of a story without making crap up.

It's a very strange use of the word gentrified, I can't think of anywhere in maynooth that would fit the term, it's something I associate with working class urban areas that have been colonised by middle-class folk like stoney batter. Either they don't know what gentrified means, or I don't :D

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    It's a very strange use of the word gentrified, I can't think of anywhere in maynooth that would fit the term, it's something I associate with working class urban areas that have been colonised by middle-class folk like stoney batter. Either they don't know what gentrified means, or I don't :D

They don't.

As goes the "fancy" estates in the town, which is what I think they meant - there's fancier. Its mid-range

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Irish Times today says they "understand" that Frank is retiring from politics completely now.
    No loss IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

They don't.

As goes the "fancy" estates in the town, which is what I think they meant - there's fancier. Its mid-range

Used to be full of students 10-15yrs ago?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Used to be full of students 10-15yrs ago?

Nearly all the estates are draining out of students now. Can't afford it + more blocks on campus with more sensible terms for students that can afford it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Id say he will run again,maybe not text time if it's to soon though. But his opinion that the electorate failed him was a sour grape attitude. I think his claiming credit for anything he could and his poster campaign had a lot to do with it, also the letter that went around some estates local to him didn't help, believe he got the Garda involved in that:rolleyes:

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Id say he will run again,maybe not text time if it's to soon though. But his opinion that the electorate failed him was a sour grape attitude. I think his claiming credit for anything he could and his poster campaign had a lot to do with it, also the letter that went around some estates local to him didn't help, believe he got the Garda involved in that:rolleyes:

What was the letter?

• Advertisement

It is a pity Reada's twitter account is gone now... would love to read her take on Covid19 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

It is a pity Reada's twitter account is gone now... would love to read her take on Covid19 :D

I believe that she is trying to suggest that it is a FG/FF conspiracy to stop SF getting into power. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

What was the letter?

Here it is
    504714.jpg

504716.jpg

504715.jpg

Doesn't even go in to what I thought it would go in to, but it takes the biscuit for the best targeted Kildare North hatchet job from the anti-Stagg "windfarm" one in 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

“We’ll just bold up the bad things” , makes it an easy enough guess who did it considering most parties still harping on about the 8th have not a care in the world about fishing rights.

Except the shinners....

I suspect an SF one would have been more scattergun across candidates - or shorter and less detailed if hitting one candidate. However, Franks was the seat that was up for grabs so who knows.

Wow, no great love for Frank.. apart from him being local but that is some hatchet job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Wow, no great love for Frank.. apart from him being local but that is some hatchet job.

The problem for Frank was that it was mostly true twas hardly the ex was it??:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Scoundrel wrote: »
    The problem for Frank was that it was mostly true twas hardly the ex was it??:P:D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiK-eGbwCj0

In the big parties it's usually your own who shaft you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiK-eGbwCj0

In the big parties it's usually your own who shaft you.

Inter party disputes can be Lawless alright

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Here it is
    504714.jpg

504716.jpg

504715.jpg

That's a Shinner letter.

Mark Ward was sending similar material before the by election in Lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mickymac1974

That's a Shinner letter.

Maybe Aongus provided the toner...

Maybe Aongus provided the toner...

Lol

In all seriousness though, these subversive letters are a bit much.

Sinn Féin in some ways are just Tories in tricolours taking lessons from Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Lol

In all seriousness though, these subversive letters are a bit much.

Sinn Féin in some ways are just Tories in tricolours taking lessons from Trump

The shinners have adapted the Bart Simpson defence to become their policy model.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Irrespective of where it came from that letter is a good summation of FF and a very good reason to still not vote for them.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Irrespective of where it came from that letter is a good summation of FF and a very good reason to still not vote for them.

Based on what? Got any specifics!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

That's a Shinner letter.

They are a Lawless bunch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

She's BACK :D

And by god you SHALL

https://twitter.com/ReadaCronin/status/1242125648388382722

• Advertisement

Tweet not available. What did it say?

Advertisement