Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guardianship

• 20-01-2020 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I have joint guardianship/joint custody.

I'm wondering in regards to education, medical etc when married and it going through divorce. If its found that the parent, to which the children live with, signs forms etc and states that they are sole guardian what happens ??

Surely theres grounds for a court case as it's a false statement??

I've been to parent/teacher meetings since the kids started school but recently due to divorce proceedings I've been asked for proof of guardianship!! This is due to the other parent signing forms and stating they have sole guardianship.

Can anyone advise??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

If you know the organisations such as schools, medical professionals etc contact them and present your guardianship order, the court won't get involved, been there done that etc. I have to produce my guardianship order to each organisation i am dealing with for the first time for hospital appointments, HSE communication etc. My ex never declares me on any of the documentation where it asks for the fathers details.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee3

If you know the organisations such as schools, medical professionals etc contact them and present your guardianship order, the court won't get involved, been there done that etc. I have to produce my guardianship order to each organisation i am dealing with for the first time for hospital appointments, HSE communication etc. My ex never declares me on any of the documentation where it asks for the fathers details.

That's the thing though I've been to all forms of meetings within the school and because the mother wrote that she was sole legal guardian they questioned me, didn't ask for proof but I just found it bizarre considering I've been sent information via post and phone but literally within the last month I've been queried as to what my legal position is.

Surely lying about it can be a case, no ?

Deedee3 wrote: »
    That's the thing though I've been to all forms of meetings within the school and because the mother wrote that she was sole legal guardian they questioned me, didn't ask for proof but I just found it bizarre considering I've been sent information via post and phone but literally within the last month I've been queried as to what my legal position is.

Surely lying about it can be a case, no ?

The school legally need evidence such as a court order. Anything else will not suffice, remind them of this,

You will always be queried that’s normal, your document is your evidence.

Where you need to go is the workplace relations commission and say you are being treated unfairly under the equal status act 2000 on the basis of gender.

That's bizarre.

The fact that both parents receive a copy of each order but the mother chose to disregard it and the school never looked into it. Understandably theres hundreds in the school but if contact was made and it wasnt deemed relevant shame on them.

It's a never ending battle to be honest. Some of the stunts pulled are that ridiculous you would wonder how they're let away with it

• Advertisement

That's bizarre.

The fact that both parents receive a copy of each order but the mother chose to disregard it and the school never looked into it. Understandably theres hundreds in the school but if contact was made and it wasnt deemed relevant shame on them.

It's a never ending battle to be honest. Some of the stunts pulled are that ridiculous you would wonder how they're let away with it
    That has set a precedent for fathers in our situation, exploit it to your advantage. Mothers are seen as defacto numero uno in all these cases. Fathers right are still in the Stone Age but are improving at a snails pace. Show that article to the school, my child’s school are aware of it and I get emails/texts for everything since that case hit the headlines.

That has set a precedent for fathers in our situation, exploit it to your advantage. Mothers are seen as defacto numero uno in all these cases. Fathers right are still in the Stone Age but are improving at a snails pace. Show that article to the school, my child’s school are aware of it and I get emails/texts for everything since that case hit the headlines.

That's brilliant.

And fair play to you for taking action. The fact that being married is seen as having as much rights as an unmarried man is crazy. And women go on about equal rights!!

That's brilliant.

And fair play to you for taking action. The fact that being married is seen as having as much rights as an unmarried man is crazy. And women go on about equal rights!!

I felt obliged to take action, those in positions of power took their seats when the Catholic Church dominated the country. Even unmarried men’s rights are questionable when the matter gets to court. Keep fighting for your rights, that order is in force, the schools and other organisations can’t bring it upon themselves to make decisions that fly the face of it. You have a say in communions/confirmation lads as well, the Catholic Church cannot ignore you as they are a religious and not legislative body

Advertisement