Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to the Traffic plan for Newbridge?

• 20-01-2020 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Around this thine last year, there was talk of a Traffic management plan for the town. Local representatives were banging on a out it that someting was going to be published soon. Roll on a year and it seems to have evaporated. Anybody any insight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

Traffic in Newbridge is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

JeffK88 wrote: »
    Around this thine last year, there was talk of a Traffic management plan for the town. Local representatives were banging on a out it that someting was going to be published soon. Roll on a year and it seems to have evaporated. Anybody any insight?

I get a newsletter from FO’L every week, & she was making a lot of noise about this so-called maser plan.

Now? More & more houses being built, yet no infrastructure to compensate.

Cannot wait for our so-called ‘representatives’ to come knocking on the door looking for votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Damien360

Only the Shinners at my door so far. Newbridge traffic plan is an issue for local government (council). The only thing happening is the toughers link road. That won’t deal with all the traffic at the back of Dunnes and the Whitewater on every single weekend. The GE is all about homelessness and sweet fcuk all else as far as I can make out.

Nobody yet in Roseberry Hill. I’m still going to give them sh1t over the tr@ffic.

On the R445, any reason why coming from Toughers down, the speed limit is 80kph, yet going the other way, it’s 60?

Nobody yet in Roseberry Hill. I’m still going to give them sh1t over the tr@ffic.

On the R445, any reason why coming from Toughers down, the speed limit is 80kph, yet going the other way, it’s 60?

The cynic is me says that it’s easier to get planning permission for housing on a road that’s 60 than 80.

The 80 each way for years was explained as the distance between the roundabouts is not long enough to allow a 100 zone. Didn’t notice the 60 zone from toughers out. Must watch out tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    The cynic is me says that it’s easier to get planning permission for housing on a road that’s 60 than 80.

The 80 each way for years was explained as the distance between the roundabouts is not long enough to allow a 100 zone. Didn’t notice the 60 zone from toughers out. Must watch out tomorrow.

Sorry, the 60 is from the new Lidl roundabout up to Toughers.

Sorry, the 60 is from the new Lidl roundabout up to Toughers.

Small enclave of houses to left but they are behind the rise but do have an exit. Then there is the horse riding place just half way. Bus stop just before roundabout is a bit hairy in the morning with people crossing for work. So that leaves it back to cynical me. Didn’t see any plans for fields on left hand side.

I passed this today and they are temporary signs saying 60. They look like left overs from the roadworks. They are after the roundabout at Lidl going towards Toghers. They are being ignored by practically everyone but I don’t know if the speed limit change is in effect.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I get a newsletter from FO’L every week, & she was making a lot of noise about this so-called maser plan.

Now? More & more houses being built, yet no infrastructure to compensate.

Cannot wait for our so-called ‘representatives’ to come knocking on the door looking for votes.
    You do know that you can contact your councillors - you don't need to wait for a General Election to try and have local issues dealt with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

You do know that you can contact your councillors - you don't need to wait for a General Election to try and have local issues dealt with?

TBH, there's a hairs breath in the 2 parties likely to govern. Might as well try get some pork for local issues to make life a bit easier. Like say ease traffic

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    I passed this today and they are temporary signs saying 60. They look like left overs from the roadworks. They are after the roundabout at Lidl going towards Toghers. They are being ignored by practically everyone but I don’t know if the speed limit change is in effect.

Not saying OP is wrong, but those 'temporary' signs are still in place heading northwards. Anyone know if the legal limit is 60 or 80kph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Valid until July 1st or earlier if works are completed.

Roads in respect of which a Road Works Speed Limit Order of 60 kilometres per hour is prescribed;

A section of the R445 in the townlands of Newhall, Moortown, Ladytown, Borahard, Morristown Lower, Morristown Little, Morristown Upper, Coolreagh, Old Connell and Little Connell.

* Heading westbound, between a point approximately 180 meters east of the junction of Ladytown cross to a point approximately 700 meters south west of the junction of R445 and L6065.
    * Heading eastbound between a point approximately 700 meters south west of the junction of R445 and L6065 to a point approximately 200 meters west of the junction of Ladytown Cross.

An Garda Siochána have indicated that they have no objections to this Road Works Speed Limit Order.

This Road Works Speed Limit Order will apply from Tuesday, 2 July, 2019 to Wednesday, 1 July, 2020, or for the duration of the works, whichever is the earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Not saying OP is wrong, but those 'temporary' signs are still in place heading northwards. Anyone know if the legal limit is 60 or 80kph?

Funny that there was a guard with a speed gun there at the Stud past the Council Christmas Tree spot last week on the way out to Toughers, people were doing 60 I guess to be on the safe side

silver2020 wrote: »
    Valid until July 1st or earlier if works are completed.

Roads in respect of which a Road Works Speed Limit Order of 60 kilometres per hour is prescribed;

A section of the R445 in the townlands of Newhall, Moortown, Ladytown, Borahard, Morristown Lower, Morristown Little, Morristown Upper, Coolreagh, Old Connell and Little Connell.

* Heading westbound, between a point approximately 180 meters east of the junction of Ladytown cross to a point approximately 700 meters south west of the junction of R445 and L6065.
    * Heading eastbound between a point approximately 700 meters south west of the junction of R445 and L6065 to a point approximately 200 meters west of the junction of Ladytown Cross.

An Garda Siochána have indicated that they have no objections to this Road Works Speed Limit Order.

This Road Works Speed Limit Order will apply from Tuesday, 2 July, 2019 to Wednesday, 1 July, 2020, or for the duration of the works, whichever is the earlier.

Surely the roadworks are finished? Funny, the south bound carriageway is 80kph WITH roadworks ongoing.

Advertisement