Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sofa disposal

• 20-01-2020 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Any ideas where to get rid of a small corner sofa. It's in 2 parts (2x 2 seats) plus cushions. It costs €40 in the recycling centre but getting it there is a problem.

Any know know any companies in dundalk that collect and dispose of sofas at a reasonable cost?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

How bad is it.
    Offer it for free on Facebook and Adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

_Brian wrote: »
    How bad is it.
    Offer it for free on Facebook and Adverts.

Tried that but didn't get takers. It's not in the worst condition but not the best either. Just doing a clear out and want rid asap

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Just dont go for the 'man with van'; types that will definitely fly tip it just down the road from you.
    Last time I had a sofa to get rid of I smashed it to many small bits with a hammer (very satisfying!) so it fit into the car and got it to the recycling centre.
    Some of the wood was retained for the fire, may not be an option for the OP though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I was advised not to chop it up as with springs and foam and whatever else may be in a sofa it's not worth the hassle.. Tbh I'll prob end up doing it this wknd.

Advertisement