Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview retune before 4th March 2020

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

The Cush wrote: »
    It only covers the existing broadcasting band and from March 4th will be further reduced, UHF21 - UHF 48.

IIRC the original UHF band from the early 1960's Stockholm Agreement was up to UHF82.

Does existing UHF band not still include C60 as Com 8 from Divis is on it at present?
    Also from March 4 Com 7 and Com 8 from Divis will both be in the 50's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Does existing UHF band not still include C60 as Com 8 from Divis is on it at present?
    Also from March 4 Com 7 and Com 8 from Divis will both be in the 50's.

South of the border UHF60 wasn't allocated to any of the existing sites but could be used in a 6 mux service which of course never happened, it effectively became a guard band between broadcasting and 4G services. Different for the UK because of the greater requirement for broadcasting.

Interim Com 7 and 8 mux will be gone within the next 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

South of the border UHF60 wasn't allocated to any of the existing sites but could be used in a 6 mux service which of course never happened, it effectively became a guard band between broadcasting and 4G services. Different for the UK because of the greater requirement for broadcasting.

Interim Com 7 and 8 mux will be gone within the next 2 years.

Sorry as I thought UK and ROI were totally in synch re DTT broadcasting frequency band.
    I think removal of Com 7/8 are very likely but not totally certain. There is still some debate that I have seen re their future on Digital Spy.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭sliabh 1956

I have re-tuned my windows media centre a few times but I still keep getting the same message about Viewer Advisory I am in the Mahera transmitter region any advice would be grateful. I am beginning to miss programmes i have set to record as the progamme due to record is gone from the menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

copper04 wrote: »
    I have retuned both in normal and full range but still getting advisory message. The new ch's are suppose to be 46 and 48 but after retune they are showing no transmisson on my TV.
    I saw a suggestion to do a retune with the aerial disconnected to delete existing ch's. Did that but still same advisory message on all ch's except TNG...

By 'normal and full', do you mean you tried manual scan of a single frequency, as well as an auto scan of the full TV band?

Channel 48 was already in use at Maghera. ('TNG' is on it.) Can't see why you wouldn't get ch. 46.

Sorry as I thought UK and ROI were totally in synch re DTT broadcasting frequency band.
    I think removal of Com 7/8 are very likely but not totally certain. There is still some debate that I have seen re their future on Digital Spy.

The UK and Ireland are in sync as regards the regular broadcasting band 21-48 but the UK has decided to temporarily place the interim muxes in the 700MHz (5G) duplex gap. This piece of spectrum will eventually be auctioned for SDL most likely. While used for broadcasting the interim muxes cannot interfere with the primary licenced mobile services adjacent.

700-mhz-bandplan-uhf-vs-mobile.png

I have re-tuned my windows media centre a few times but I still keep getting the same message about Viewer Advisory I am in the Mahera transmitter region any advice would be grateful. I am beginning to miss programmes i have set to record as the progamme due to record is gone from the menu

This as far as I can see is an issue with non-Saorview certified receivers as they don't reject the duplicate services carried on the old frequency and are causing issues. These issues should disappear on March 4th next when the old frequencies are switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

A lot of these cheap receivers have a similar tuning menu structure, is it in anyway like this 4IFE SV-400 or this Blazer HD 705

Thanks for your help. I can get to the Terrestrial Scan but it doesn't give an opton for Ireland. Choosing the UK finds no channels. Choosing Poland does a scan but when it finishes the channels still aren't showing the epg for Irish channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

This as far as I can see is an issue with non-Saorview certified receivers as they don't reject the duplicate services carried on the old frequency and are causing issues. These issues should disappear on March 4th next when the old frequencies are switched off.

Does this apply to combo boxes also?

• Advertisement

Sneachta wrote: »
    I can get to the Terrestrial Scan but it doesn't give an opton for Ireland. Choosing the UK finds no channels. Choosing Poland does a scan but when it finishes the channels still aren't showing the epg for Irish channels.

I'm surprised there isn't an Ireland option or similar considering that box is on sale thru https://www.satworld.ie/blazer-hd400.html

Advertisement