Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost ring

• 20-01-2020 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

My wife has been unable to find her engagement ring for the last year ... we are now satisfied that it is lost . It is insured ....how do I approach this...
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Moggaman wrote: »
    My wife has been unable to find her engagement ring for the last year ... we are now satisfied that it is lost . It is insured ....how do I approach this...
    Thanks

Did you advise your insurer when it first went missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

sounds a bit iffy. no doubt they’ll be looking for garda reports going back that long to ensure its not just a quick cash scam. and receipts for the ring, named on insurance Outside of the house etc. Id be reading the little print with a magnifying glass before I rang them or - from experience - write - as they record everything you say to dig for reasons not to pay out. You’d want to be well t’d up on your subclauses.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Moggaman

No didn’t. She got it cleaned about a year ago brought it home and put it away and cannot find it even tho we have tried repeatedly

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Moggaman

sounds a bit iffy. no doubt they’ll be looking for garda reports going back that long to ensure its not just a quick cash scam. and receipts for the ring, named on insurance Outside of the house etc. Id be reading the little print with a magnifying glass before I rang them or - from experience - write - as they record everything you say to dig for reasons not to pay out. You’d want to be well t’d up on your subclauses.

Thanks. It’s totally cosure... when is something lost??... she tried to find it many times and failed....there is a chance of course it is somewhere on our property or thrown out by accident ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

You will have an issue with late notification to your insurers. However, it is unlikely they will refuse a claim. They will ask for proof of purchase but if it wasn't recent and you don't have that, they will ask for a photo showing your wife wearing the ring.

Due to significant numbers of fraudulent claims involving lost or stolen jewellery, insurers often exercise their right to replace the lost item, rather than a cash settlement

• Advertisement
Advertisement