Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visa Refused

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

May I ask what relevance the letters are? So what is your brother knows the local td and peace commissioner, his partner either meets the requirements or doesn't.

Not having a go, I'm not anti immigration and have been in the receiving end of some strange interpretations of the law myself. Just don't see how they benefit the case

They benefit having people with what would be considered a good reputation in the community (that's a different debate) vouch for them and the legitimacy of the relationship. The PC and the TD know him personally and are well aware that it's genuine. It's not just his partner that has to meet the requirements, they must meet them as a couple, there's requirements on both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

368100 wrote: »
    They benefit having people with what would be considered a good reputation in the community (that's a different debate) vouch for them and the legitimacy of the relationship. The PC and the TD know him personally and are well aware that it's genuine. It's not just his partner that has to meet the requirements, they must meet them as a couple, there's requirements on both sides.

But I thought she was refused the visa based on the €40k over three years and not the legitimacy of their relationship?

Or am I wrong, sorry got a lil confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

But I thought she was refused the visa based on the €40k over three years and not the legitimacy of their relationship?

Or am I wrong, sorry got a lil confused

The letter wasn't that specific, we know that on first round, the €40k was slightly short so that had to be addressed, which it has been. I assume the letter is non specific as they're not supposed to refuse on one factor alone, rather they should take a holistic view.

As far as the advice we've been given, the more evidence can be given to show the legitimacy of the relationship, the better....even if it's not asked for. Hence the letters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

368100 wrote: »

Letters of support from TDs, or anyone else for that matter, are not taken into account.

They are not required, not requested and not considered at either 1st instance or appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Pronto63 wrote: »
    Letters of support from TDs, or anyone else for that matter, are not taken into account.

They are not required, not requested and not considered at either 1st instance or appeal.

I’ve yet to see an appeal be allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’ve yet to see an appeal be allowed.

It does happen.

The refusal tells the applicant why the visa was refused.

All they gave to do then is address each item.

If they can’t do that then it must be a very poor application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not to doubt the OP, but his brother should be certain that he’s applying for the correct visa

OP mentions that his brothers wife wouldn’t be allowed work here for 18 months which is absolutely not the case. Once she has received the correct visa, and registered with the INIS here, she can work immediately without the need for work permit etc

Advertisement