Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do I know when room is dry

• 21-01-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

we've had a leak go on for quite a while. There was even mushrooms growing on some of the rafters.

Since then, I have fixed the leak and gone and got a rental industrial dehumidifier.

Its pulling about a half bucket of water a day out of the kitchen and then half at night out of the utility.

Question is, how do I know when its done ? The rafters I looked at are now dry feeling or at least drying quickly, the mushroom has shriveled up and the mould on the wall which I cleaned off is not coming back ( by the looks of it )

Am I ok to hand the de-humidifier back now ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

When the dehumidifier stops filling the bucket then the area is dry as theres not enough moisture to accumulate within the bucket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

wouldnt there be a residual amount on a daily basis though ? I notice the amount gets to a certain level daily and seems to stop filling really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Probabaly don't need industrial deHumidifier anymore ... but maybe buy a cheapo one in Currys (I have one for €100 Brand is called "Essentials" and it takes a cup full of water out of my bathroom in about 3 hours). I use it every now and again in various places around the house. (I live in a poorly insulated older house)

I also use those Unibond Aero dehumidifiers with the chalk tablets inside. Takes about 4 weeks to fill up and then just replace the chalk. Good deal on the chalk re-fills in Woodies at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

RobAMerc wrote: »
    wouldnt there be a residual amount on a daily basis though ? I notice the amount gets to a certain level daily and seems to stop filling really

If the amount gathered becomes consistent and you said it is there then sounds like your done,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I was thinking, that instead of keeping the industrial one for another week, I might buy a smaller one and run it in the bathroom upstairs for a bit. the wall up there is still soaked but I cant get the industrial one up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I was thinking, that instead of keeping the industrial one for another week, I might buy a smaller one and run it in the bathroom upstairs for a bit. the wall up there is still soaked but I cant get the industrial one up there.

Screwfix sell them. Just opened store in sandyford. Saw one on offer at the desk today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Smaller ones are very handy, No harm using them in any rooms that might get damp.
    We use ours by the clothes horse when the fire goes out. Keeps the clothes from smelling damp and finishes off drying them.

Advertisement