Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People like SF candidates but won't vote for SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

road_high wrote: »
    Difference between SF supporters and FG is that they (SF) sit around on their holes all day whining about the “government “ not doing enough to improve their miserable lives. FG voters go out, work and strive to improve things themselves and only seek a stable economy to allow that happen. As well as paying for the aforementioned and their never ending “entitlements “ we’re back to banana republic territory if the SF “manifesto” ever gets implemented (obviously it won’t as it is utter fantasy but they may try some of it). An utter failure of media scrutiny here
    So only Fg supporters work according to FG groupie.

Takes post with large pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

is_that_so wrote: »
    And yet you've just pointed out that they are taxing tax payers, but only certain types. That top tier as you call it is a movable feast IMO, especially if they found it didn't bring in enough money.

It’s another SF fantasy- attack and shake down the highest paid for even more cash to pay for the do nothings that vote SF. Their ultimate magic money tree.
    In my experience of working alongside very well paid colleagues they’ve generally had a very fruitful and productive career where they worked extremely hard to get to those positions with huge sacrifices along the way- I admire and applaud anyone that earns over the €100 k mark as it’s taken massive effort and work to get there. I aspire to join them one day

Fann Linn wrote: »

Generally SF supporters are the unemployed and unemployable. Hence the massive welfare handout polices of their manifesto

Never said only FG voters work- I was making the comparison to SF only- who yes are by and large the bone idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I think SF might get all its candidates elected. The attacks from fg and ff are ridiculous and I think people wont buy the negative gutter politics from FF/FG. They want ff and fg to tell them why they are good not why sf are bad.

Do you seriously believe that the SF candidate in Dlr Rathdown has a chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They must have started drinking early. There isn’t a snowballs chance in hell that all SF candidates will be elected. They are running candidates in constituencies where they haven’t a chance. Absolute pipe dream sort of stuff from someone who obviously hasn’t the foggiest notion about politics.

Sorry, perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough.

I wasn't suggesting SF will see everyone of their candidates elected, I myself am not even voting for the one running in my constituency because she's no chance, so instead I'll vote Catherine Murphy, and a few others purposely trying to make sure the two FG lads don't get a look in and scramble for their seats.

Her show was (and I don't listen to her that often but the subject interested me, and I was on a tedious drive from Roscommon to Belmullet) about less than subtle electioneering and how the media (or social media) try and influence folk.

This
    The attacks from fg and ff are ridiculous and I think people wont buy the negative gutter politics from FF/FG. They want ff and fg to tell them why they are good not why sf are bad.

Is what I was referring to.

Remember I told you ages ago that the more FG tried to bury the Maria Bailey controversy, the more people took an interest?

Same thing here. The more FFG are circling the wagons, it seems it's having the same opposite effect.

I think they're worried, hence the Indos 4th day with the online scare tactics headlines. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Qualified Technician you meant to say!
    I.e. He opens the office for the engineer and makes sure there is paper in the printer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Never said only FG voters work- I was making the comparison to SF only- who yes are by and large the bone idle.

Well on my friends list on social media the vast majority sharing the SF stuff and urging people to vote SF are all Full time mad Bastards, School of Hard Knocks or full time #Bossbabes....... Who can all be seen on a Monday mornj g collecting the social..... FG must not be that bad too them though of they can survive on 203 a week......

.I suppose when Mary Lou is Taoiseach they will have 245 a week from the dole.....

Although shops and businesses will have to raise Thier prices due to the 12 or 13 quid an hour living wage, on top of a hike in employers PRSI,

They will be worse off in the long run although as long as Dutch Gold stays cheap and they buy tobacco from good republicans they will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Well on my friends list on social media the vast majority sharing the SF stuff and urging people to vote SF are all Full time mad Bastards, School of Hard Knocks or full time #Bossbabes....... Who can all be seen on a Monday mornj g collecting the social..... FG must not be that bad too them though of they can survive on 203 a week......

.I suppose when Mary Lou is Taoiseach they will have 245 a week from the dole.....

Although shops and businesses will have to raise Thier prices due to the 12 or 13 quid an hour living wage, on top of a hike in employers PRSI,

They will be worse off in the long run although as long as Dutch Gold stays cheap and they buy tobacco from good republicans they will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Edgware wrote: »
    I.e. He opens the office for the engineer and makes sure there is paper in the printer

He holds one end of the measuring tape, but not the important end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Difference between SF supporters and FG is that they (SF) sit around on their holes all day whining about the “government “ not doing enough to improve their miserable lives. FG voters go out, work and strive to improve things themselves and only seek a stable economy to allow that happen. As well as paying for the aforementioned and their never ending “entitlements “ we’re back to banana republic territory if the SF “manifesto” ever gets implemented (obviously it won’t as it is utter fantasy but they may try some of it). An utter failure of media scrutiny here

A very ignorant and simplistic post.
    You keep voting in FG and whinging about the squeezed middle. They give as many f***s about you as they do other tax payers on lower incomes. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Trying to keep FF and FG in power certainly brings out some 'nice' people.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You keep voting in FG and whinging about the squeezed middle. They give as many f***s about you as they do other tax payers on lower incomes. Enjoy.

I would agree that it was a simplistic analysis, however you are very wrong to call it ignorant. It was accurate to a large degree.

Trying to keep FF and FG in power certainly brings out some 'nice' people.

Ironically those who see themselves above others by virtue of supporting FG are the first to wallow in the gutter slinging mud about their fellow electorate. 'The best people' indeed.
    It's pure ignorance. Calling the party leader autistic. Haven't seen an outrage thread on that number I suppose it doesn't help the cause, so dismiss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Just seen the Sinn Fein manifesto.

Makes Fianna Fail's 1977 manifesto look like austerity.

The numbers just simple don't add up and it will send the country backwards.

blanch152 wrote: »

Great. Lessening national crises. Win!

blanch152 wrote: »

I haven't heard anyone saying it doesn't add up. Plenty however saying it's not too prudent, such as chief economist insurance federation aka vested interest, but I'd love to see a link where it says 'it doesn't add up.'
    After all, it's only two days ago since 4 leading economists stated that the FG/ FF housing build projections 'didn't add up'.

I haven't heard anyone saying it doesn't add up. Plenty however saying it's not too prudent, such as chief economist insurance federation aka vested interest, but I'd love to see a link where it says 'it doesn't add up.'
    After all, it's only two days ago since 4 leading economists stated that the FG/ FF housing build projections 'didn't add up'.

Yeh, but are the 'economists' on the approved list? That matters you know. :)

Yeh, but are the 'economists' on the approved list? That matters you know. :)

You're right Fran, never thought of that.

Goes looking for 'everything is okay Jim Power.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

I'd be reasonably sure it adds up. Would it be fair to say you disagree with insurance federation chief economist? If so why? Granted he has a vested interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Christ your so full of ****. I will be voting sf.
    In the words of Kevin Keegan " I would love it if we beat them, love it". Lol

On paper I agree about the vulture funds, though I do not know enough about the intricacies of how their assets work to have an informed opinion.

However, Sinn Féin is explicitly talking about 'intangible assets' in the form of Intellectual Property, and to this end we are talking about companies like Apple and Google.

Here is a good article talking about this today
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/explainer-what-is-the-row-about-sf-s-multinational-tax-plan-1.4155157

There seems to be two issues with Sinn Féin policy. One is that its immediate go-to of applying the 80 per cent rule on IP moved here between 2015 and 2017 would not actually generate any more revenue for the exchequer, merely when that money becomes available. The second, more serious issue is that if Sinn Fein was in a position to turn the screws on the large multinationals to fund their proposed large spending increases, that could potentially jeopardize a delicate and vital relationship that Ireland currently exercises.

Good article and analysis, thanks for posting. I'd be interested in hearing any SF voter's thoughts on this.

Billcarson wrote: »
    Christ your so full of ****. I will be voting sf.
    In the words of Kevin Keegan " I would love to if we beat them, love it". Lol

There's one SF voter doing something to improve his 'miserable life', no longer 'bone idle', getting off his 'hole'...to vote SF. Well done FG posse you are the party for people who like to get up early of a morning...to vote for others.

There's one SF voter doing something to improve his 'miserable life', no longer 'bone idle', getting off his 'hole'...to vote SF. Well done FG posse you are the party for people who like to get up early of a morning...to vote for others.

Don't really agree with what others said about SF voter's but has your own disdain for your fellow electorate diminished in the last couple of weeks? You used to think that people voting for FF of FG were being conned. Consequently you were obviously smarter than them for being able to see through it I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Ironically those who see themselves above others by virtue of supporting FG are the first to wallow in the gutter slinging mud about their fellow electorate. 'The best people' indeed.
    It's pure ignorance. Calling the party leader autistic. Haven't seen an outrage thread on that number I suppose it doesn't help the cause, so dismiss it.

The new found champion for Gay issues seems to be to busy to start a "Disgusted from..", thread for that one,wonder why that would be?

christy c wrote: »
    Don't really agree with what others said about SF voter's but has your own disdain for your fellow electorate diminished in the last couple of weeks? You used to think that people voting for FF of FG were being conned. Consequently you were obviously smarter than them for being able to see through it I assume?

You 'don't really agree'?
    It's gutter talk plain and simple.
    Conned was giving people the benefit of the doubt. I do not believe most people would vote for FF/FG if they were fully aware of what they were letting themselves and others in for.
    Don't you fret about me, stick to actual comments, parties and policies. You only ever comment on my posts to get a dig in. I can see why it's 'don't really agree'.

Common sense or cop on is all that is required to see through a con.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

piplip87 wrote: »

I'm seeing a lot of this sort of thing, trying to demonise all Sinn Fein supporters as unemployed wasters. Reprehensible really. Plenty of hard working people support Sinn Fein policy on some issues and are willing to give them a chance.

I'd be reasonably sure it adds up. Would it be fair to say you disagree with insurance federation chief economist? If so why? Granted he has a vested interest

Im just of the opinion that considering the Insurance industry is in the direct line of sight of SF it probably would have been more prudent for someone else to raise concerns.

After all, it's not too unfair to say that the Ins Fed definitely has skin in the game and cannot really claim to be impartial.

• Advertisement

You 'don't really agree'?
    It's gutter talk plain and simple.
    Conned was giving people the benefit of the doubt. I do not believe most people would vote for FF/FG if they were fully aware of what they were letting themselves and others in for.
    Don't you fret about me, stick to actual comments, parties and policies.

No I don't really agree with what they said, nor am I fretting about you. Just highlighting your hypocrisy again.

So there's a massive portion of the population not fully aware of what they are letting themselves in for? Yet you are smart enough to see through it.

Advertisement