Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People like SF candidates but won't vote for SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Common sense or cop on is all that is required to see through a con.

Yes, so do you think Matt is saying all FF/FG voters have no cop on?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    Yes, so do you think Matt is saying all FF/FG voters have no cop on?

Ask Matt what he means.

For me I think people are comfortable with the 'con' and the pretending of FF and FG, because itisn't them who pay ultimately. 'I'm alright jack syndrome'.

For the record some of the laziest, cosseted and whining souls I have met are in full employment.

Ask Matt what he means.

The post you responded to was directed at Matt

The post you responded to was directed at Matt

and?

I answered you and your interpretation.

and?

I answered you and your interpretation.

And nothing, you were saying ask another poster what he means when I had already replied to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

is_that_so wrote: »
    We have representative democracy, people elected to make these decisions and we get a say in who they are.

which is why people are complaining about housing, health, insurance etc. You seem quite happy to be taken for a ride - you get to say who they are, but you don't get a say in what they do and you think thats brilliant.

Wow -pure genius that. Never mind you actually put it down in writing on the internet.

No wonder you find the way SF runs weird - they practice actual democracy. Bound to be alien to you.

And nothing, you were saying ask another poster what he means when I had already replied to him.

Why were you seeking my help then? :rolleyes:

Why were you seeking my help then? :rolleyes:

I wasn't seeking help, you replied to one of my posts. I did likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

piplip87 wrote: »
    Well on my friends list on social media the vast majority sharing the SF stuff and urging people to vote SF are all Full time mad Bastards, School of Hard Knocks or full time #Bossbabes....... Who can all be seen on a Monday mornj g collecting the social..... FG must not be that bad too them though of they can survive on 203 a week......

.I suppose when Mary Lou is Taoiseach they will have 245 a week from the dole.....

Although shops and businesses will have to raise Thier prices due to the 12 or 13 quid an hour living wage, on top of a hike in employers PRSI,

They will be worse off in the long run although as long as Dutch Gold stays cheap and they buy tobacco from good republicans they will be grand.

Their budget includes increasing taxation on cigarettes. I'm not sure what their position about dissidents who actively engage in smuggling in and around the border is. Maybe they would be less forgiving of this type of activity if it was hurting their treasury.

I wasn't seeking help, you replied to one of my posts. I did likewise

Yeh, you asked me what Matt thought. :rolleyes:

Strange. But carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No I don't really agree with what they said, nor am I fretting about you. Just highlighting your hypocrisy again.

So there's a massive portion of the population not fully aware of what they are letting themselves in for? Yet you are smart enough to see through it.
    Missed this bit first time out, yeah maybe sometimes it's to get a dig in. But I've often commented where I highlighed lies, hypocrisy and waffle too.

You are doing exactly what I said, only commenting on my post to get a dig in.
    You've now called me a hypocrite and a liar. Pretty nasty.
    I'd rather you kept the discussion on topic and leave the personal be. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I used to vote for ff when I was younger, but since 2007 I've been voting for sf. I was unhappy the way the country was going back in the mid noughties . I was able thankfully to get on the property ladder but many people my own age were priced out of the market and also rip off Ireland was in full swing. It was like there was no regulation no one shouting stop . So I turned against ff and decided to start voting sf ( didn't think and still dont that fg were any better than ff) and do my bit however small to break the ff / fg cycle.

Yeh, you asked me what Matt thought. :rolleyes:

Strange. But carry on.

Yes I asked after you responded to me, I didn't seek out your help as you put it. Anyway, I'll leave you to whatever it is you're at here.

Yes I asked after you responded to me, I didn't seek out your help as you put it. Anyway, I'll leave you to whatever it is you're at here.

Are we not allowed to respond?

Only you can come on and comment on others posts uninvited? Sorry boss! :)

You are doing exactly what I said, only commenting on my post to get a dig in.

You already made that suggestion. I'd rather you kept the discussion on topic and leave the personal be. Thanks.

Nothing personal at all about highlighting hypocrisy in someones posts.

To get back on topic so, I have given my thoughts on the thread topic. (i.e. that people don't vote vote SF because they have economic policies that make Bertie look prudent). Would you consider the lowering of the pension age a good idea? If so why? My thoughts are that it is bonkers, especially given the ever decreasing pensioner to worker ratio

Are we not allowed to respond?

Only you can come on and comment on others posts uninvited? Sorry boss! :)

As I said I'll leave you to whatever you are up to. This is one of the rare occasions where I agree with Matt and I'd like to see the thread get back on topic.

whatever you are up to. .

Stranger. :confused:

Chill christy.

Stranger. :confused:

Chill christy.

Perfectly chilled, bemused would be a more appropriate description.

You've now called me a hypocrite and a liar. Pretty nasty.

Another edit I missed. Not nasty at all, accurate. Your post history is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Arrogant MayLooney again today.

Was told economists had criticized her manifesto and had issues with it....

Her reaponse.... Finnia Fail, Big Business and the crash.

Again it's very easy to promise massive spending when you won't turn up after the election

• Advertisement

Again it's very easy to promise massive spending when you won't turn up after the election

Insightful and reasoned critique ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

For the record some of the laziest, cosseted and whining souls I have met are in full employment.

Courtesy of Sinn Feins jobs for the boys

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ask Matt what he means.

For me I think people are comfortable with the 'con' and the pretending of FF and FG, because itisn't them who pay ultimately. 'I'm alright jack syndrome'.

For some counter and balance, some of the lads within FG are so spectacularly feckin busy they can do two roles at once.

Lifting wedges of moolah from the Irish tax payer while doing jobs in Brussels at the same time.

Double jobhing as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Edgware wrote: »
    I.e. He opens the office for the engineer and makes sure there is paper in the printer

Alas Pearce the “engineer “ didn’t even make it that far. He found there’s a far easier career pretending to know something about economics/finance to gullible voters looking for easy answers via other people’s wallets. He mustn’t be as dumb as his career to date would otherwise suggest!

road_high wrote: »
    Alas Pearce the “engineer “ didn’t even make it that far. He found there’s a far easier career pretending to know something about economics/finance to gullible voters looking for easy answers via other people’s wallets. He mustn’t be as dumb as his career to date would otherwise suggest!

:D Like the Dail's teachers, doctors and publicans found a handier way too?

she's terrible that one.

oh **** .. the brainwashing has worked on me after all....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

A very ignorant and simplistic post.
    You keep voting in FG and whinging about the squeezed middle. They give as many f***s about you as they do other tax payers on lower incomes. Enjoy.

I will of course as I want to hold onto my job and as much of my hard earned income as possible. I don’t buy into the SF fantasy of a nice life paid for by someone else. SFs focus is the low paid and unemployed.
    I’m not here to sugar coat my views on SF or their looney tune manifesto and will never stop calling them out on their reckless and dangerous policies

I will of course as I want to hold onto my job and as much of my hard earned income as possible. I don’t buy into the SF fantasy of a nice life paid for by someone else. SFs focus is the low paid and unemployed.
    I’m not here to sugar coat my views on SF or their looney tune manifesto and will never stop calling them out on their reckless and dangerous policies

Fine and dandy. No need to get nasty about people.
    How do you feel about paying for 25 year leases off vulture funds who pay low tax?
    A sky's the limit mystery cost on the NCH?

And where are all these lucky welfare recipients coming from? Might it be the exact same people FG are looking after, (quite rightly IMO) now?

Reckless, like national crises reckless?

That's all folks...

theres quite a few people - many many in fact - who work everyday and can just about make ends meet. thats the definition of low paid if you ask me. which you werent mind you, but this is the internet

• Advertisement

This whole "Sinn Fein voters are poor, stupid and ignorant" guff that you hear - i dont understand how those spouting it can't

A) realise how incredibly incorrect they are

B)
    everyone sees through it.

except for other fervent anti shinners - who wish to spread the word of how bad the shinners are so much, thats most of the SF related threads are created by them - of course

Advertisement