Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People like SF candidates but won't vote for SF

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,635 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

christy c and Matt Barrett - cut out the bickering and discuss the topic rather than each other

Any questions PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

maccored wrote: »
    This whole "Sinn Fein voters are poor, stupid and ignorant" guff that you hear - i dont understand how those spouting it can't

A) realise how incredibly incorrect they are

B)
    everyone sees through it.

except for other fervent anti shinners - who wish to spread the word of how bad the shinners are so much, thats most of the SF related threads are created by them - of course

It should work both Ways , people being called stupid for voting FF/FG always and again too.
    Everyone is entitled to vote as their opinion tells them, doesent make them stupid or ignorant or anything sinister, just people mostly hoping things will get better and believing their choice is hopefully the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

It should work both Ways , people being called stupid for voting FF/FG always and again too.
    Everyone is entitled to vote as their opinion tells them, doesent make them stupid or ignorant or anything sinister, just people mostly hoping things will get better and believing their choice is hopefully the right one.

to be fair, its usually trotted out about SF. Have a look through this thread and you'll find enough posts about SF voters being poor, unemployed or a bit thick.

Hence my post because Im surprised those posting it dont see how incorrect that assumption is. Plus - we, the squeezed middle - are the working poor so even if the poster was correct, they'd still be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I wonder will the good news on the housing front this evening change any minds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That's what I mean when I said conned, (where ever that was, dont recall, but said it certainly).
    I believe most people are well meaning. The only way I can marry that to voting FF/FG is in that they believe they have society's well being at heart. I dont think they do and I dont think the decent folk that vote for them are liars, so they must be swallowing the PR. Did it myself in 2011. I don't consider that an insult personally. They can say the same of me and I'll accept that.
    Some of the stuff posted here today was rotten IMO.

166.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

A sky's the limit mystery cost on the NCH?

No problem. Art is never an expense. As long as it gets back to being an NCH and stops programming pop stuff and mass appeal music. €74M is a pittance anyway in the greater scheme of things.

No problem. Art is never an expense. As long as it gets back to being an NCH and stops programming pop stuff and mass appeal music. €74M is a pittance anyway in the greater scheme of things.

Are you thinking of NCAD?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

theres quite a few people - many many in fact - who work everyday and can just about make ends meet. thats the definition of low paid if you ask me. which you werent mind you, but this is the internet

As someone who's doing good I can honestly say I would still vote SF. I have no problem paying higher taxes. However the absolute waste I see by FG and the low return on tax spend is criminal. I absolutely think the established two parties need a drastic and immediate shaking up. Our country is suffering due to the cosy cartel of FF and FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Can anyone explain how Sinn Fein can deliver the promised Sligo to Derry train, western rail corridor, Limerick light rail, Dart underground, Luas extension, to name but a few for €1.3 billion? Not credible

Can anyone explain how Sinn Fein can deliver 100,000 houses for €65,000 each? Not credible

Claims that their manifesto has been fully costed by the department of finance turns out to be full of qualifications from the department. Incredible

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Can anyone explain how Sinn Fein can deliver the promised Sligo to Derry train, western rail corridor, Limerick light rail, Dart underground, Luas extension, to name but a few for €1.3 billion? Not credible

Can anyone explain how Sinn Fein can deliver 100,000 houses for €65,000 each? Not credible

Claims that their manifesto has been fully costed by the department of finance turns out to be full of qualifications from the department. Incredible

Tell me something did you ask the same questions when FF with the backing of FG decided to blow 64 billion EURO on the banks and mortgage generations?

• Advertisement

You should really ask SF. Likely they'll point you to the manifesto.
    I for one dont know. I believe they say its fully costed and unless we want to do hours of research that's what we have to go on.
    Same with the others.

smurgen wrote: »
    Tell me something did you ask the same questions when FF with the backing of FG decided to blow 64 billion EURO on the banks and mortgage generations?

Ah yes. Answering questions with a question. I’ll take it that you can’t explain shall I?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can you explain how FG estimated the NCH hospital would initially cost €480m, and elaborate where it's final cost will actually end up being?

Ah yes. Answering questions with a question. I’ll take it that you can’t explain shall I?

They want to spend money on infrastructure through CT and efficiencies.your crowd spent money on a black hole yet you cynically dismissed constructive proposals.you'd be sacked in the private sector.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Can you explain how FG estimated the NCH hospital would initially cost €480m, and elaborate where it's final cost will actually end up being?

See reply above. I’ll take it you can’t explain either. Thanks for playing.

Estimated at 2.4 billion now. Only wrong by a factor of nearly 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wonder what the DoF qualifications were there...'will be 480m if FG and FF are kept away from it and somebody actually reads the tenders.' :)

smurgen wrote: »
    They want to spend money on infrastructure through CT and efficiencies.your crowd spent money on a black hole yet you cynically dismissed constructive proposals.you'd be sacked in the private sector.

Efficiencies? How can the Navan rail link, Derry to Sligo railway, western rail corridor and all the others be delivered for €1.3 billion? Can you explain it?

Efficiencies? How can the Navan rail link, Derry to Sligo railway, western rail corridor and all the others be delivered for €1.3 billion? Can you explain it?

You're judging by FG metrics where you multiply things by 5. It become manageable when you regain your sanity.

If they overspend or let budgets get massively out of control they'll be punished like any party would be....oh wait!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If they overspend or let budgets get massively out of control they'll be punished like any party would be....oh wait!! :rolleyes:

Let budgets get out of control? Do you honestly believe that a budget of €1.3 billion for the Sligo to Derry railway, western rail corridor, Navan rail line, limerick light rail, Dart underground and Luas extensions is credible?

Yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

You should really ask SF. Likely they'll point you to the manifesto.
    I for one dont know. I believe they say its fully costed and unless we want to do hours of research that's what we have to go on.
    Same with the others.

See how you ignored the one that did answer you

Wonder what the DoF qualifications were there...'will be 480m if FG and FF are kept away from it and somebody actually reads the tenders.' :)

If you are interested in the actual qualifications have a listen to Matt Coopers interview with Mary Lou Mc Donald. It turns out to be little more than a letter of comfort than a detailed costing.
    They claim that all the figures in the manifesto, such as the houses for €65k and new railroads all over the country for €1.3 billion, are fully costed by the department is a fiction.

See how you ignored the one that did answer you

What answer?

If you are interested in the actual qualifications have a listen to Matt Coopers interview with Mary Lou Mc Donald. It turns out to be little more than a letter of comfort than a detailed costing.
    They claim that all the figures in the manifesto, such as the houses for €65k and new railroads all over the country for €1.3 billion, are fully costed by the department is a fiction.

Can you link to what the Dept had to say?

I agree with Regina Doherty by the way, I never read manifestos, they are all engaged in auctioning, including SF.
    FG are throwing stones at FF's one and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭mattser

Lads, I have to say I'm impressed with your stamina. If ye're keeping a job down, fair play.

Can you link to what the Dept had to say?

I agree with Regina Doherty by the way, I never read manifestos, they are all engaged in auctioning, including SF.
    FG are throwing stones at FF's one and vice versa.

I don’t have a copy of the letter. It was discussed on the Matt Cooper interview.

So you are happy to agree that the Sinn Fein manifesto is not credible.

I don’t have a copy of the letter. It was discussed on the Matt Cooper interview.

Ah I see.
    So you are happy to agree that the Sinn Fein manifesto is not credible.

As I said, I attach little importance to any of them, credible or not.

Ah I see.

As I said, I attach little importance to any of them, credible or not.

Ah I see.

• Advertisement

Ah I see.

Are FF right about FG's manifesto or vice versa?

Advertisement