Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People like SF candidates but won't vote for SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

SantaCruz wrote: »
    I've never heard of that - any chance of a link?
    https://lda.ie

The legislation still needs to pass. The principle is good. I would advocate a change in priorities to focus more on the social good side than making profits for whatever the next government, housing will be no. 1 policy priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SantaCruz

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    https://lda.ie

The legislation still needs to pass. The principle is good. I would advocate a change in priorities to focus more on the social good side than making profits for whatever the next government, housing will be no. 1 policy priority.
    It looks to be something like the ESB in the old days, only with a public service remit to develop land?

I think the 'commercial' element is likely there to stop it becoming a civil service holiday camp, but I should read more on it.

Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

It looks to be something like the ESB in the old days, only with a public service remit to develop land?

I think the 'commercial' element is likely there to stop it becoming a civil service holiday camp, but I should read more on it.

Thanks for the link.
    It'll take up land from other state agencies, surplus to requirements or in strategically good places, process it and make it available for development.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

All the reason in the world not to vote sinn fein on bbc one now that poor lads parents are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Merlin44 wrote: »
    All the reason in the world not to vote sinn fein on bbc one now that poor lads parents are on.

PRI_90461096.jpg

This boy . This Irish boy eating from the floor or some other poor lad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The sheet volume of anti Sinn Fein Tweets, Facebook posts, irish independent,Sunday independent and RTE radio print and TV media is a massive massive gamble by the establishment. This could really backfire something crazy. Some of the Indo's anti SF headlines are like something from Waterford Whispers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

PRI_90461096.jpg

And that is a valid reason to empower violent criminal terrorists nutters is it ?

smurgen wrote: »
    The sheet volume of anti Sinn Fein Tweets, Facebook posts, irish independent,Sunday independent and RTE radio print and TV media is a massive massive gamble by the establishment. This could really backfire something crazy. Some of the Indo's anti SF headlines are like something from Waterford Whispers!

Have you noticed anyone posting loads of pro-Sinn Fein stuff as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

PRI_90461096.jpg

Staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Being honest I am pissed off that the last few days of the campaign are being dominated by 2 people I have never heard of (Conor Murphy and Paul Quinn).
    This country has so many major political problems and ye we are discussing NI politicians and forced apologies. Call me heartless but I couldn't give a fiddlers.

Two people alright, but one has a voice and the other hasn’t and shinners want free speech for everyone?.. right.

• Advertisement

Two people alright, but one has a voice and the other hasn’t and shinners want free speech for everyone?.. right.

Free speech for the dead. That's ambitious.

And frankly a little histrionic .

mynamejeff wrote: »
    And that is a valid reason to empower violent criminal terrorists nutters is it ?
    That's not a nice way to talk about Leo. Though he did have that homeless man crushed then blame FF.

The way it is written in the doc you sent, I can see why you interpreted it that way. And I totally agree that if they were doing that (paying the lease in advance for 25 years), it would be nuts - they would have to borrow that money anyway, and at that point you might as well build yourself.

tbh it is badly worded and its still clear to anyone that it means "95% of market rate" and not "95% of 25 years rent up front"

still im sure our diligent experts will be back acknowledging their ludicrous claims any moment now and certainly will have learned their lessons about making spurious claims against non-shinner parties in future lol rite lol

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Being honest I am pissed off that the last few days of the campaign are being dominated by 2 people I have never heard of (Conor Murphy and Paul Quinn).
    This country has so many major political problems and ye we are discussing NI politicians and forced apologies. Call me heartless but I couldn't give a fiddlers.

What was it that Francie and Matt and McMurphy said about getting out in front of a crisis and how good SF were at it? Well it seems tonight that Daithi Dolan has doubled down on the Quinn criminality smears, while Mary-Lou is fighting off requests for Gerry to apologise.

Way out in front, lads.

lookit

we could spend all week over and back

lets see SF win the fiftyish seats needed and we'll find out how they run the country then

reconvene monday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The media always do a job on the Shinners a week before any election. Martin McGuinness would have probably been president for a term if they didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Did any of the resident west Brits ever hear tell of Paul Quinn before this week?

armaghlad wrote: »
    Did any of the resident west Brits ever hear tell of Paul Quinn before this week?

wasnt he

now i may be misremembering

wasnt he the fella the ra beat to death in a barn and nobody knows anything about it but the shinners know all about any wrong the fella mightve done in order to get what was coming to him

is that the fella, i think he was paul quinn wasnt he?

why, armaghlad

what have you heard about him?

west brit, jesus.

with us or agin us, ey?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

armaghlad wrote: »

So people who have a problem with his murder are suddenly "West Brits"?

And to answer your question yes, Prime Time did a show on his murder a few years ago so a lot of people would have. I remember discussing it at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

This country is worse than North Korea. Free to vote for whoever as long as it’s fg or ff. Would not be one bit surprised if votes were been “miscounted” as a double safety against a strong sf vote.

Zetor19 wrote: »
    This country is worse than North Korea. Free to vote for whoever as long as it’s fg or ff. Would not be one bit surprised if votes were been “miscounted” as a double safety against a strong sf vote.

no it isnt
    you can vote how you like
    paranoia of that sort is in itself a bit of delusion of grandeur tbh but certainly report anything you have evidence of

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

A week long totally biased media campaign on television and print against one party is North Korea stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

JeffKenna wrote: »
    So people who have a problem with his murder are suddenly "West Brits"?

And to answer your question yes, Prime Time did a show on his murder a few years ago so a lot of people would have. I remember discussing it at the time.
    So you have heard of him but it’s just this week leading up to the election that his murder has suddenly become important? I get ya now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

You're criticizing the wrong people for the national debt. Social welfare is high agreed, still most of the welfare money is spend inside the country and often helps small business owners keep their business open. Cut welfare many firms might close down especially very small retail shops based in rural areas.

Benefits outweight the negatives and only scratching the surface where this welfare boosts the economy longterm.

Multinationals are not going to leave, the tax bill is low for them here.  There no hint any party planning to increase the corporation tax.

Wages are high in this country, the biggest problem is cost of housing! It is the largest bill most taxpayers have. Do something about this earners will have more takehome pay!

The exact opposite is true.

This kind of state funded economics is not sustainable, you cannot justify paying social welfare to fund businesses that are dependent on social welfare spend. That entire economy is not viable and is simply supported by the state. Where does the money come from? What services or goods are being exported in this model?

Regarding the multinationals, as already explained in this thread, corporation tax is not the only tax that impacts the number of high earning jobs available from these companies. If a higher income tax deems those jobs uncompetitive(in comparison to other countries),the multinational corporations will not find the talent to fill the positions in Ireland or they will have to fund the difference forcing them to pay the tax increase. The higher value the job the more power the worker has. They can't just find another person to fill the role.

I think there would be scope for tax increase if Ireland had the infrastructure and services of a Denmark or Sweden or Netherlands(Norway is an unrealistic comparison) but why would we(the tax payers) invest more money into an incompetent system, we would only be encouraging more waste and a culture of entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

this argument for high welfare expenditure is extremely weak! "oh they will spend in the local economy" if you cut employment taxes, would they also not spend in the economy and be far more beneficial as a whole. Particularly the margianl rate, which is so severe, its results in people declining extra houres, promotions or even making it worthwhile going back to work, say if you are a parent etc. Rip off childcare, rip off marginal rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

A week long totally biased media campaign on television and print against one party is North Korea stuff.

If the party hadn't ****ed up they wouldn't be getting the attacks.

When folks are coming asking for your vote, it's kinda relevant what their stance on murder is. There's a very good chance they will be in government in a couple of weeks.

FG etc. have been getting all the constant critiscism from the media the last few years as they have been in power, but I presume you weren't complaining then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Edgware wrote: »
    If the party hadn't ****ed up they wouldn't be getting the attacks.

So both fg and FF are having the same level of articals publisbed this week about; the blue****s,the RIC/black and tan celebration,Maria Bailey,Alan Farrell,bank bailout,IMF ,housing crisis,health crisis,NCH fiasco, broadband fiasco,Nama fiasco,Irish water fiasco,Denis o Brien links, Sean Fitzpatrick links....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

smurgen wrote: »
    So both fg and FF are having the same level of articals publisbed this week about; the blue****s,the RIC/black and tan celebration,Maria Bailey,Alan Farrell,bank bailout,IMF ,housing crisis,health crisis,NCH fiasco, broadband fiasco,Nama fiasco,Irish water fiasco,Denis o Brien links, Sean Fitzpatrick links....
    You don't seem to understand how the media and democracy works. Don't be getting upset because we all aren't fooled by your magic beans policies

Advertisement