Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People like SF candidates but won't vote for SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

She looks, at this moment, exactly like all the other victims that have been exploited by FF and FG whenever SF get to close to upsetting the duopoly.

If anyone is exploiting Breege Quinn it is SF they give a half assed apology just to save face in an election. Ignoring or pleas for any movement in the previous 13 years and not only that SF cast slurs upon the character of Paul Quinn.
    Who is exploiting who exactly?
    Breege Quinn just wants justice and the truth for her son. SF just want it to go away/

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, they are different, and that difference shows that Sinn Fein are not fit to govern in a normal democracy.

how does it show that?

maccored wrote: »
    step. back. from. the. thread.

Why because you have no counter argument? Will I become one of 'the disappeared' if I continue? :eek:

Why because you have no counter argument? Will I become one of 'the disappeared' if I continue? :eek:

no - mainly because you are ignoring reality. stormont shut down due to the RHI scandal - not the irish language. Why would you become 'disappeared'? Are you making insinuations? If so, please explain yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

She looks, at this moment, exactly like all the other victims that have been exploited by FF and FG whenever SF get to close to upsetting the duopoly.
    step. back. from. the. thread.

I think you should be the one taking maccored’s advice.

Far from helping SF get ahead of the issue, you are digging the hole deeper by doubling down on the victim blaming. Breege Quinn is very clear at how glad she is Murphy withdrew his scurrilous remarks, and what he needs to do next.

Not a single ounce of victim exploitation, rather it is a case of the voices of victims finally being heard.

• Advertisement

I think you should be the one taking maccored’s advice.

Read the thread blanch152
    Yes, they are different, and that difference shows that Sinn Fein are not fit to govern in a normal democracy.

how does it show that?

Answer?

how does it show that?

The very nature of Stormont, its design, its structure, is to account for the reality that neither of the two main sectarian parties are fit to govern in a normal democratic society.

The very nature of Stormont, its design, its structure, is to account for the reality that neither of the two main sectarian parties are fit to govern in a normal democratic society.

how does that show SF cant govern?

It seems SF seem to go around in the same circles -

Statement -

The troubles are in the past it is a different jurisdiction it does not apply here - Maria Cahill, Paul Quinn etc

Contradiction -

SF are the only all-Ireland party and are proud of thier work on both sides of the border

Statement -

SF are against criminality and recognise that special powers are necessary for gangland crime in Dublin (Mary Lou said this today)

Contradiction -

SF are against the special criminal courts because they equate them to the diplock courts in NI (Mary Lou said this today)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If anyone is exploiting Breege Quinn it is SF they give a half assed apology just to save face in an election. Ignoring or pleas for any movement in the previous 13 years and not only that SF cast slurs upon the character of Paul Quinn.
    Who is exploiting who exactly?
    Breege Quinn just wants justice and the truth for her son. SF just want it to go away/

Breege Quinn's problem is not the lack of an apology from Conor Murphy.

An apology, and a bizarre political circus about that apology is not going to bring her justice for her son's murder by criminals.

• Advertisement

It seems SF seem to go around in the same circles -

Statement -

The troubles are in the past it is a different jurisdiction it does not apply here - Maria Cahill, Paul Quinn etc

Contradiction -

SF are the only all-Ireland party and are proud of thier work on both sides of the border

Statement -

SF are against criminality and recognise that special powers are necessary for gangland crime in Dublin (Mary Lou said this today)

Contradiction -

SF are against the special criminal courts because they equate them to the diplock courts in NI (Mary Lou said this today)

Shall i get you a dictionary? The first is a fact - it is a different jurisdiction (ask blanch152) and SF are an All ireland party. The second is a misrepresentation - SF want the courts system revised (and the guards paid better). Anyone who sees rapists getting 4 years and being let out would agree

Keep going...you'll find that the reason is a 'partition' that has never worked and will never work.

And which you are too lazy or too comfy to try and end.

Breege Quinn's problem is not the lack of an apology from Conor Murphy.

An apology, and a bizarre political circus about that apology is not going to bring her justice for her son's murder by criminals.

You are right, the apology is only a start.

The resignation is next, should have been out ahead of that, then we need a statement from the Gardai that they are satisfied that he has fully co-operated.

Then she will be happy.

no - mainly because you are ignoring reality. stormont shut down due to the RHI scandal - not the irish language. Why would you become 'disappeared'? Are you making insinuations? If so, please explain yourself.

Obviously yes I am making insinuations as is my prerogative you can take them whatever way to see fit. Because your posting style is very confrontational 'comrade'.

Regarding the Irish language was also put up as red herring by SF just to create more chaos. The reality is there is no need for an Irish language act in NI it was just a political game to antagonise the unionists.

Keep going...you'll find that the reason is a 'partition' that has never worked and will never work.

And which you are too lazy or too comfy to try and end.

Partition is working the British pay four billion a year for it saving the Irish taxpayer money. Nobody is killing each other at the moment any change to the island of Ireland wil only lead in another conflict.

Partition does not effect peoples day to day lives the borders are open and Brexit has been sorted no thanks to SF who were neither active in Stormont nor WM at the time.

The resignation is next, should have been out ahead of that, then we need a statement from the Gardai that they are satisfied that he has fully co-operated.

Then she will be happy.

I'd be happy if you would substantiate your posts and explain how SF have shown they are unfit to govern because of stormont

Obviously yes I am making insinuations as is my prerogative you can take them whatever way to see fit. Because your posting style is very confrontational 'comrade'.

Regarding the Irish language was also put up as red herring by SF just to create more chaos. The reality is there is no need for an Irish language act in NI it was just a political game to antagonise the unionists.

thats ****ing disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourself. FFG voter at their finest

Then she will be happy.

And how does all that 'get her justice for her son's murder by criminals' in what the IMC called, and still calls, 'a dispute not unconnected to illegal activity'?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Stormont is back up, so I guess the RHI scandal has been. Care to tell us how that went?

Stormont is back up, so I guess the RHI scandal has been. Care to tell us how that went?

The RHI report is due to be published on March 8th.

• Advertisement

I would assume its A) because the DUP were being protected by PM May under the Tories and B) at the recent election the voters said '**** that for the minute, get stormont going'

Are you pretending the RHI scandal doesnt exist?

Shall i get you a dictionary? The first is a fact - it is a different jurisdiction (ask blanch152) and SF are an All ireland party. The second is a misrepresentation - SF want the courts system revised (and the guards paid better). Anyone who sees rapists getting 4 years and being let out would agree

I agree Rape is a terrible crime
    And how many years did Maria Cahill's alleged rapists get again?
    Oh wait... they are from the IRA.... deny, protect, discredit the rule of law does not apply.

Then there is the case of Aine Adams - Liam Adams kept in the SF bubble for years given free reign.

thats ****ing disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourself. FFG voter at their finest

Says the fella who has just proven the point of my post.
    By the way I am a floating voter.

Says the fella who has just proven the point of my post.
    By the way I am a floating voter.

I proved your point that you were going to get disappeared by me? Jaysus - you couldnt make it up

Oh wait... they are from the IRA.... deny, protect, discredit the rule of law does not apply.

Then there is the case of Aine Adams - Liam Adams kept in the SF bubble for years given free reign.

This is the Republic of Ireland - not northern ireland

'Rapists'?

It was singular, and in anything remotely approaching a democracy, that should read 'alleged rapist'.

I would assume its A) because the DUP were being protected by PM May under the Tories and B) at the recent election the voters said '**** that for the minute, get stormont going'

Are you pretending the RHI scandal doesnt exist?

What did SF actually do about it to resolve the issue?
    If SF cannot solve that what hope the larger issues?

Brexit transition
    United Ireland
    A strong and vibrant Irish language not piecemeal 'acts' actually speaking the language not the language of the oppressors.

'Rapists'?

It was singular, and in anything remotely approaching a democracy, that should read 'alleged rapist'.

Good SF dodging of a post there Gerry would be proud 'comrade'. :D

Good SF dodging of a post there Gerry would be proud 'comrade'. :D

Dodging what?

It was an allegation of rape/abuse against one man. Singular.

And it was and still is an 'allegation'. That man was willing and did turn up to court of his free will to defend himself.

You are either a democrat or you aren't.

• Advertisement

What did SF actually do about it to resolve the issue?
    If SF cannot solve that what hope the larger issues?

Brexit transition
    United Ireland
    A strong and vibrant Irish language not piecemeal 'acts' actually speaking the language not the language of the oppressors.

whats your point? SF were in talks forever with the DUP and the DUP kept walking. Read the news fella - dont expect me to educate you

We saw what the republic of ireland and Britian thought of the DUP during brexit. FF and FG wouldnt last a day with them

Advertisement