Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People like SF candidates but won't vote for SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

maccored wrote: »
    This is the Republic of Ireland - not northern ireland

So let me get this straight when things are palatable and politically expedient for SF to take credit for in NI they do so. Gerry used to talk up SF track record in NI for ROI voters as did Mary Lou.

When it is not politically expedient to do so suddenly SF become partionist and say that is a different jurisdiction! :D

SF the bipolar party one foot in and one foot out depending on the day of the week. :confused:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Dodging what?

It was an allegation of rape/abuse against one man. Singular.

And it was and still is an 'allegation'. That man was willing and did turn up to court of his free will to defend himself.

You are either a democrat or you aren't.

That is an ironic use of the phrase as SF are clearly only democrats and follow the rule of law when it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

So let me get this straight when things are palatable and politically expedient for SF to take credit for in NI they do so. Gerry used to talk up SF track record in NI for ROI voters as did Mary Lou.

When it is not politically expedient to do so suddenly SF become partionist and say that is a different jurisdiction! :D

SF the bipolar party one foot in and one foot out depending on the day of the week. :confused:

we are talking about the law system in the south and you are warbling on about things that happen int he north - which the law system here wouldnt deal with.

Seriously - its like debating with a 5 year old. cop on a bit with your hatred there.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That is an ironic use of the phrase as SF are clearly only democrats and follow the rule of law when it suits.

Never mind SF for a minute...you have assumed this man's guilt here without him being given a fair trial and a chance to clear his name. That is the essence of 'anti democratic'.

I have my opinion of Mairia's allegations but I always use the word 'alleged' when talking about the accused.

whats your point? SF were in talks forever with the DUP and the DUP kept walking. Read the news fella - dont expect me to educate you

We saw what the republic of ireland and Britian thought of the DUP during brexit. FF and FG wouldnt last a day with them

SF could have entered WM and changed the history of Brexit but no they hid behind talk of a mandate despite the extraordinary circumstances that effected the island. Instead SF left the vaccum that allowed the DUP to hold the balance of power.
    Where was the alternative and plea for change then from SF?

• Advertisement

Never mind SF for a minute...you have assumed this man's guilt here without him being given a fair trial and a chance to clear his name. That is the essence of 'anti democratic'.

I have my opinion of Mairia's allegations but I always use the word 'alleged' when talking about the accused.

he told me I would 'disappear' him. Not much of a debater

SF could have entered WM and changed the history of Brexit but no they hid behind talk of a mandate despite the extraordinary circumstances that effected the island. Instead SF left the vaccum that allowed the DUP to hold the balance of power.
    Where was the alternative and plea for change then from SF?

sorry, i fell alseep. catch a grip, they couldnt have changed brexit.

Using the word alleged does not protect you legally so that point is moot.

sorry, i fell alseep

Another classic SF dodge yet you specfically asked blanch to answer a question.
    Yet you fall asleep when you are asked one.

Typical SF I suppose asleep during brexit both in Stormont and Westminster.
    Asleep during Liam Adams abuse. Asleep during Conor Murphy's initial comments on Paul Quinn.

Another classic SF dodge.

aye, you are correct. its in the SF Book Of Dodgyiness. Its a fair cop gov

• Advertisement

Using the word alleged does not protect you legally so that point is moot.

What???

What???

Saying that something is 'alleged' does not protect a person legally they can still be done for defamation through innuendo etc.
    As long as there is proof that it defames the person in the eyes of right thinking members of society,

Saying that something is 'alleged' does not protect a person legally they can still be done for defamation through innuendo etc.
    As long as there is proof that it defames the person in the eyes of right thinking members of society,

What???

and who decides what the right way to think is? Just wondering thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What???

Is it just me or are these FGers getting crazier? Starting to sound like the mental tin foil hat trump supporters you see on Twitter.

aye, you are correct. its in the SF Book Of Dodgyiness. Its a fair cop gov

So you have no real retort grand so to my points.

Maybe you should take your own advice at this stage?
    step. back. from. the. thread.

smurgen wrote: »
    Is it just me or are these FGers getting crazier? Starting to sound like the mental tin foil hat trump supporters you see on Twitter.

boring the arse off me so they are. I may stop replying - though its just too weird to avoid. Its like a car crash

So you have no real retort grand so to my points.

Maybe you should take your own advice at this stage?

i think i will because its like talking to a brick

and who decides what the right way to think is? Just wondering thats all

The rule of law the judicary which SF are against when it suits.

smurgen wrote: »

Did you hear McDowell this AM? :)

Or see FF's latest video about Mary Lou and Leo making eyes at one another?

Pure Trump stuff alright.

• Advertisement

Where did the judiciary decide on Cahill's allegations and her alleged abusers guilt?

ah, so a court decides - not 'right thinking members of society'. you should have said that the last time

i think i will because its like talking to a brick

The reality is because you do not have an answer to the question and you have to resort to metaphorically throwing bricks which is a clear sign that an individual has lost an argument.

You told me to leave the thread, you have called me out of my depth and now you have compared me to a brick.

In doing so you have shown an unwillingness to address the points I have made as they are unpalatable to you.

I think it is best that I do what SF wish they could do with Breege Quinn and put you on the ignore list. As any further engagement will prove pointless

ah, so a court decides - not 'right thinking members of society'. you should have said that the last time

You are getting confused the definition of defamation includes

“a statement that tends to injure a person's reputation in the eyes of reasonable members of society”.

That decision is then decided by the courts on the basis of this definition.

Anyway Maccored I will now put you on the ignore list.
    I hope you put a good amount of thought into who you are voting for in this election. And think about the points I have made. Even though you are unwilling to answer them in a public forum.

The reality is because you do not have an answer to the question and you have to resort to metaphorically throwing bricks which is a clear sign that an individual has lost an argument.

You told me to leave the thread, you have called me out of my depth and now you have compared me to a brick.

In doing so you have shown an unwillingness to address the points I have made as they are unpalatable to you.

I think it is best that I do what SF wish they could do with Breege Quinn and put you on the ignore list. As any further engagement will prove pointless

better than saying someone is going to 'disappear' you.

BTW - i didnt call you a brick. Debating with the FG/FFs is like talking to a brick. Jaysus - stop with the drama

Would you agree that the sitting governments have 'ignored' Breege Quinn for 13 years until now?

Or was she just not loud enough?

Anyway Maccored I will now put you on the ignore list.
    I hope you put a good amount of thought into who you are voting for in this election and think about the points I have made. Even though you are unwilling to answer them in a public forum.

I laugh at the points you made

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Did you hear McDowell this AM? :)

Or see FF's latest video about Mary Lou and Leo making eyes at one another?

Pure Trump stuff alright.

They're all over the stuff. The caricatures of the average SF supporter they're painting reminds me over Hillary's deplorables comment also. They're picking the bad aspects of both sides of the US election campaigns and not realizing it's going down like a lead balloon.fascinating to watch!

• Advertisement

Would you agree that the sitting governments have 'ignored' Breege Quinn for 13 years until now?

Or was she just not loud enough?

I feel it was the latter - SF NI government led not ROI government led.

https://www.thejournal.ie/paul-quinn-sinn-fein-conor-murphy-4994057-Feb2020/

Advertisement