Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People like SF candidates but won't vote for SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

smurgen wrote: »
    Is it just me or are these FGers getting crazier? Starting to sound like the mental tin foil hat trump supporters you see on Twitter.

I never have voted for either of those parties, but this reads like a SF supporter who has run out of agruements. The type of text that quickly appears from SF HQ and is read out on radio. It is the type of rhetoric that does not help SF it ends up being counterproductive only playing to thier stereotypical demographic.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I feel it was the latter - SF NI government led not ROI government led.

https://www.thejournal.ie/paul-quinn-sinn-fein-conor-murphy-4994057-Feb2020/

Stop talking in riddles please.

Would you agree that the sitting governments have 'ignored' Breege Quinn for 13 years until now?

If you don't, please link to the number of times they have raised this matter as a matter of urgency.

I never have voted for either of those parties, but this reads like a SF supporter who has run out of agruements. The type of text that quickly appears from SF HQ and is read out on radio. It is the type of rhetoric that does not help SF it ends up being counterproductive only playing to thier stereotypical demographic.

Not borne out in reality. BOTH FF and FG have issued videos and memes, warning the voter of what a vote for the other party means...a vote for SF.

Ridiculous campaigning targeting 'fear'. Scaremongering.

Not borne out in reality. BOTH FF and FG have issued videos and memes, warning the voter of what a vote for the other party means...a vote for SF.

Ridiculous campaigning targeting 'fear'. Scaremongering.

I agree on those memes saw one FG had to take down with fellas dancing with masks on. It was taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

With the massive Republican bomb found attached to a truck in Armagh, people need to know that the IRA haven't gone away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

maccored wrote: »
    what this thread tells me is that a lot of the anti SF noise is basically absolute bollox the posters heard on the telly
    Well I know of a couple of people, anecdotal evidence of course, who have changed their minds after Tuesday night. They can expect some slippage but I don't really expect a massive turnoff but maybe it will be enough to make some of the seats a little less attainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

Darc19 wrote: »
    With the massive Republican bomb found attached to a truck in Armagh, people need to know that the IRA haven't gone away

We all know that the IRA is still active.

Stop talking in riddles please.

Would you agree that the sitting governments have 'ignored' Breege Quinn for 13 years until now?

If you don't, please link to the number of times they have raised this matter as a matter of urgency.

I already answered it SF dismissed it then ignored it. Why did Bertie Ahern apolgise for his comments years before Conor Murphy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

machaseh wrote: »
    We all know that the IRA is still active.

You should probably go to the gardai or PSNI with all the info you have fella. Bit of a concerning post.

I already answered it SF dismissed it then ignored it. Why did Bertie Ahern apolgise for his comments years before Conor Murphy?

Pointless debating with somebody who keeps deflecting. On ye go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Pointless debating with somebody who keeps deflecting. On ye go.

Apparently Mr. and Mrs. Quinn want Conor Murphy to give the names of the people who murdered their son to the Gardaí. Are you in favour of this?

jimgoose wrote: »
    Apparently Mr. and Mrs. Quinn want Conor Murphy to give the names of the people who murdered their son to the Gardaí. Are you in favour of this?

Sounds like a non political question? You in the right forum?

Do you know who Conor Murphy is?

The IMC, The Gardai and The PSNI already know the names. As they had to, to be able to rule out the involvement of the IRA as an organisation.~

Mr and Mrs Quinn want Murphy to reveal the names of the IRA he spoke to about this, not the killers.
    Which would be akin to asking a journalist to reveal their sources.
    So no, I would not ask a politician to do that tbh. Would you pressure John Hume to reveal who he talked to in the IRA to bring about the peace?

Do you know who Conor Murphy is?

Yes. Did you know before last week?

The IMC, The Gardai and The PSNI already know the names. As they had to, to be able to rule out the involvement of the IRA as an organisation.~

Mr and Mrs Quinn want Murphy to reveal the names of the IRA he spoke to about this, not the killers.
    So no, I would not ask a politician to do that tbh. Would you pressure John Hume to reveal who he talked to in the IRA to bring about the peace?

Not really the same thing.

Yes. Did you know before last week?

Yes, but not before Stormont restarted. I don't tend to bother much with such people.

No, because John Hume is dead.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No, because John Hume is dead.
    Not yet, Seamus Mallon is dead! He is. however, suffering from dementia.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not yet, Seamus Mallon is dead! He is. however, suffering from dementia.

Oh, so he is. Apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If anyone is exploiting Breege Quinn it is SF they give a half assed apology just to save face in an election. Ignoring or pleas for any movement in the previous 13 years and not only that SF cast slurs upon the character of Paul Quinn.
    Who is exploiting who exactly?
    Breege Quinn just wants justice and the truth for her son. SF just want it to go away/

It wasn't so long ago that SF were defending slab Murphy and denigrating the SCC because Gerry was telling us he was just a good republican.

I don't doubt that Quinn's killers would be classed as good republicans also

It wasn't so long ago that SF were defending slab Murphy and denigrating the SCC because Gerry was telling us he was just a good republican.

I don't doubt that Quinn's killers would be classed as good republicans also

Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin SF in the Dáil in 2008

I reiterate here what I and other Sinn Féin representatives stated at the time and have stated many times since. Anyone who has any information related to this murder, no matter how small or insignificant they think it may be, should pass it on without delay to the Garda or the PSNI. There should be nowhere for the criminals responsible for this murder to hide. They are criminals because they committed a criminal act of murder.

I have seen no evidence that would link this crime to republicans but regrettably such claims have been made and continue to be made. I do not accept such claims and I emphasise in the strongest terms that it would be totally irrelevant if any of these criminals claimed at any time to be associated with republicanism. The reality is that this act of murder criminalises anyone who took part in it, irrespective of what politics they hold or may have held. The perpetrators are criminal murderers and that is the bottom line. I can be no clearer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/class-warfare-and-shadowy-gunmen-how-the-2020-election-echoes-1932-1.4163679

Funny how history repeats itself. Fianna Fail in 1932 exactly where Sinn Fein are now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

mynamejeff wrote: »
    And that is a valid reason to empower violent criminal terrorists nutters is it ?

No. If you see Conlon tell him I said hello ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I’ve heard people saying multiple times that they like certain SF candidates but they won’t vote for them as they are Sinn Fein. Trying to understand why there is such opposite to Sinn Fein? Have looked up online but not getting good info. Surely if someone likes a candidate and what they stand for they should vote for them? Please explain

Candidates are part of a carefully crafted window dressing exercise.

Why do you think SF want to abolise the special criminal court?

Why is the ex SF members saying that SF are answerable and directed by the IRA army council?

Why do SF give give give policies and manifesto sound so good? Because its fake, numbers don't add up.

Putting SF in government in the south will slow a united Ireland

SantaCruz wrote: »
    Have you noticed anyone posting loads of pro-Sinn Fein stuff as well?

I've not. Don't confuse calling out bull with defending the 'RA.
    We have far more pressing current issues than talking about what criminals possibly affiliated to former IRA member might have done and what SF did or didn't say on the matter.
    If PBP were topping the polls it would be stories about RBB. The media coverage is a disgrace. Not one article on any of the crises and there's a few to pick from.
    I hope it back fires enormously for FF/FG. The sad thing is we'll still have the biased media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

and its not possible that the criminals involved would be also members of the IRA/sf ?

and that SF?IRA would protect their criminal members

deflection in 321 .

Staged.

Everyone is lying except the FG party....sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

do you think this is the politics forum ?

I don't go there much but id say its a hive of republicanism activity right now , you guys must be exhausted posting 24 7 from what I see here

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    and its not possible that the criminals involved would be also members of the IRA/sf ?

and that SF?IRA would protect their criminal members

deflection in 321 .

If the IMC Gardai and PSNI know who did it...how the F**k are SF 'protecting' them?

Come on...tell us. Because I don't know.

Advertisement