Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People like SF candidates but won't vote for SF

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

No. If you see Conlon tell him I said hello ;)

? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    What was it that Francie and Matt and McMurphy said about getting out in front of a crisis and how good SF were at it? Well it seems tonight that Daithi Dolan has doubled down on the Quinn criminality smears, while Mary-Lou is fighting off requests for Gerry to apologise.

Way out in front, lads.

So they cancel each other out points wise? That's the important thing not the Quinn family or the business going under due to insurance costs, right?
    She'll be very stupid to engage on that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I've not. Don't confuse calling out bull with defending the 'RA.
    We have far more pressing current issues than talking about what criminals possibly affiliated to former IRA member might have done and what SF did or didn't say on the matter.
    If PBP were topping the polls it would be stories about RBB. The media coverage is a disgrace. Not one article on any of the crises and there's a few to pick from.
    I hope it back fires enormously for FF/FG. The sad thing is we'll still have the biased media.

Hang on a minute the stories are based on anything that is brought up and has to be addressed. Early on it was homelessness the poor fella in the tent on the side of canal - housing etc. Leo was under the cosh as a result. Normal politics housing, health, etc

Mary Lou walked herself into this other controversy through her lack of research of what Conor Murphy said. This would never have happened to Gerry. Abnormal politics murder, mayhem, denial etc. Yet Mary Lou claims to be tough on crime but does not support the special criminal courts.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    ? :confused:

FG TD glassed a man in the face over an argument about IW.

Hang on a minute the stories are based on anything that is brought up and has to be addressed. Early on it was homelessness the poor fella in the tent on the side of canal - housing etc. Leo was under the cosh as a result. Normal politics housing, health, etc

Mary Lou walked herself into this other controversy through her lack of research of what Conor Murphy said. This would never have happened to Gerry. Abnormal politics murder, mayhem, denial etc

Because it literally happened that day in Dublin and he tried to blame the mayor. Also these's a homelessness crisis.
    We have much more pressing issues TBH. But for some reason the Quinn story gets four articles on page one of the Indo but nothing about the crises. So I don't buy the concern as legitimate.

• Advertisement

bit obscure but ok

he should be f8&ked out too and anyone with a criminal record should be disbarred from running for office IMO

you know thugs , gun runners terrorists etc

Was the glassed man discredited as a criminal or was he actually a criminal?
    Was there paramilitary undertones to the argument or was it just a run of the mill assault? Did the glassed person die and was erroneously discredited to save face for the party?

See the difference?

Was the glassed man discredited as a criminal or was he actually a criminal?
    Was there paramilitary undertones to the argument or was it just a run of the mill assault? Did the glassed person die and was erroneously discredited to save face for the party?

See the difference?

Why would that discredit him? Whether he was in the legion of mary or the Bloods, FG TD glassed a man in the face.
    Are you suggesting what happen to Quinn is lessened by the likelihood he was a criminal? That's poor.

When someone is killed in Dublin, the first thing people want to know is if he was 'known to the police'.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mary Lou walked herself into this other controversy through her lack of research of what Conor Murphy said. This would never have happened to Gerry. Abnormal politics murder, mayhem, denial etc. Yet Mary Lou claims to be tough on crime but does not support the special criminal courts.

Homelessness is an issue in this election.

Breege Quinn has been crying in a political wilderness for 13 yrs and ONLY NOW is it important to FG and FF.

If these people had any integrity they would have been championing the cause of the Quinn family before they were cajoling and encouraging SF to go back into the executive.

If the IMC Gardai and PSNI know who did it...how the F**k are SF 'protecting' them?

Come on...tell us. Because I don't know.

you understand the difference between knowing who did something and being able to prove it to an acceptable legal standard before a court is a different thing.

feels like ive explained this to you before francie

although it might happen some day , some creatures still being brought before the courts for crimes committed a long time ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Homelessness is an issue in this election.

Breege Quinn has been crying in a political wilderness for 13 yrs and ONLY NOW is it important to FG and FF.

If these people had any integrity they would have been championing the cause of the Quinn family before they were cajoling and encouraging SF to go back into the executive.
    TBF it was the media that picked up on this and have run with it. The Mary Lou faux pax encouraged them to lay into them, well FF anyway. Some might call media attention holding the party to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Darc19 wrote: »
    With the massive Republican bomb found attached to a truck in Armagh, people need to know that the IRA haven't gone away

Dissidents haven't gone away.

Sure didn't Enda and Joan plonk one into the Seanad a while ago.

you understand the difference between knowing who did something and being able to prove it to an acceptable legal standard before a court is a different thing.

feels like ive explained this to you before francie

although it might happen some day , some creatures still being brought before the courts for crimes committed a long time ago

So your accusation now is that SF have 'evidence' they are hiding in this case?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Dissidents haven't gone away.

Sure didn't Enda and Joan plonk one into the Seanad a while ago.

That's okay because it was to stick it to the shinners. Complete hypocrites desperately using victims to try justify a return to over seeing national crises.
    If SF put a dissident in the Senate they'd sh*t.

Because it literally happened that day in Dublin and he tried to blame the mayor. Also these's a homelessness crisis.
    We have much more pressing issues TBH. But for some reason the Quinn story gets four articles on page one of the Indo but nothing about the crises. So I don't buy the concern as legitimate.

You are missing the point it is a clear illustration of the difficulties SF have in the broader. They claim to support the rule of law on the ROI and see the need for special powers (said Mary today). Yet are anti the special criminal courts because of SF's history with them and the diplock courts in NI.

The Quinn issue is just one single issue - one which Bertie apolgised for his comments on it years ago but Conor Murphy did not. If SF were more honest and upfront these issue would not have reared it's head again.
    The issue is symptomatic of the culture of secrecy and denial within SF who have to play the delicate balancing act of maintaining hard-line republicans and looking for new voters. It is why many people see the hard work SF candidates put in, but how they are let down by the more negative and murky aspects of SF culture.
    It proves to potential collation partners that it is too early for SF yet, and if you lie down with dogs you would end up with fleas.

So your accusation now is that SF have 'evidence' they are hiding in this case?

o you shinner bots :pac::pac::pac::pac:

ya that's what I said francie , ignore the rest of the post and try to deflect ,

have the rest of the "lads" liked your post yet I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

maccored wrote: »
    I would assume its A) because the DUP were being protected by PM May under the Tories and B) at the recent election the voters said '**** that for the minute, get stormont going'

Are you pretending the RHI scandal doesnt exist?

SF walked out over RHI but are back in again. So what was the point of staying out these last three years.

You are missing the point it is a clear illustration of the difficulties SF have. They claim to support the rule of law on the ROI and see the need for special powers (said Mary today). Yet are anti the special criminal courts because of SF's history with them and the diplock courts in NI.

The Quinn issue is just one single issue - one which Bertie apolgised for his comments on it years ago but Conor Murphy did not. If SF were more honest and upfront these issue would not have reared it's head again.
    The issue is symptomatic of the culture of secrecy and denial within SF who have to play the delicate balancing act of maintaining hard-line republicans and looking for new voters. It is why many people see the hard work SF candidates put in, but how they are let down by the more negative and murky aspects of SF culture.

I expect you'll be calling for Enda Kenny to apologise for backing placing a Republican Dissident into the Senate, especially as we hear about the bomb plot up north.
    Thankfully genuine FF and FG members supported Sinn Fein for the GFA.

That's okay because it was to stick it to the shinners. Complete hypocrites desperately using victims to try justify a return to over seeing national crises.

Are you saying SF have connecting with dissidents ?

my god what a revelation !!

you should go to the PSNI and the gardai with that new information :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I heard Davis Norris on with Pat Kenny yesterday morning actually berating the FF FG cartel, and championing SF (which had me surprised tbh)

Until I remembered this.

It's a bit surreal witnessing posters go on about dissidents this, dissidents that, and reference the Omagh bomb etc who seemingly never made the connection that these dissidents oppose SF, they exist to counter the GFA, and that Enda and Joan literally used one as a baton against SF.

My enemies enemy is my fwiend.

• Advertisement

o you shinner bots :pac::pac::pac::pac:

ya that's what I said francie , ignore the rest of the post and try to deflect ,

have the rest of the "lads" liked your post yet I wonder ?

How are SF protecting the murderers here?

Have you got an answer or are you just gonna get into juvenile name calling, because you can't answer?

Are you saying SF have connecting with dissidents ?

my god what a revelation !!

you should go to the PSNI and the gardai with that new information :cool:

Enda Kenny might be already in for questioning.

is_that_so wrote: »
    TBF it was the media that picked up on this and have run with it. The Mary Lou faux pax encouraged them to lay into them, well FF anyway. Some might call media attention holding the party to account.

Exactly her mannerisms, reaction and the way she answered those questions were terrible. The poor woman was in shock. But those are the kind of bad smells that linger in the past with SF. If they opened the windows more often in the manner of Martin McGuinness people would trust them far more.

Exactly her mannerisms, reaction and the way she answered those questions were terrible. The poor woman was in shock. But those are the kind of bad smells that linger in the past with SF. If they opened the windows more often in the manner of Martin McGuinness people would trust them far more.

I don't think the broad public care. They've bigger current issues.

SF walked out over RHI but are back in again. So what was the point of staying out these last three years.

Jesus.

SF walked out because Arlene would not stand aside to allow an independent inquiry.

They effectively stood her aside...the inquiry took place in the interim and the report is due on the 8th March.

Adams was arrested when Martin got too high in the polls here. Remember?

How are SF protecting the murderers here?

Have you got an answer or are you just gonna get into juvenile name calling, because you can't answer?

best read back francie , your the one who said SF were protecting murders . of course they are and always have

I said they were protecting IRA members who were criminals

I don't think the broad public care. They've bigger current issues.

By the broader public you mean the voting bloc who are not old enough to remember the troubles and all the disingenuous nature of SF?
    That seems to be SF's main tactic wait for enough of the older people to die.
    I suppose it makes a change from making people die!

I said they were protecting IRA members who were criminals

So if a journalist didn't reveal their sources, you would be in favour of imprisoning them?

What about the many many government officials who have met the IRA in negotiations...are they 'protecting' criminals too?

It's your logic here...do expand on it.

• Advertisement

Adams was arrested when Martin got too high in the polls here. Remember?

I thought that was 2014 three years after the presidential election?
    Jean McConville?

Advertisement