Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build, Heavy Photo Editting, Light gaming

Options
  • 21-01-2020 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭

My wife wants her own PC for use in her work (photo editing) as my gaming PC is not super fast at it (Core i5-6500, GTX1070, 16GB RAM, built 3.5 years ago). I'm not sure which is more important for photoshop and the like, a good CPU or a good GPU?
    There will also be some light gaming, but it doesn't need to be focus of the machine (currently use a 9 year old laptop with a HD5870 card as second gaming machine for multiplayer minecraft etc).

1. What is your budget? €1000 for PC, €300 for monitor

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Heavy Picture Editing - Photoshop etc, light multiplayer gaming (Minecraft, Guild Wars 2, not high settings)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes (but budgeted separately, in the €300 range)

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 27' ?
    Currently have this Asus, so something along that size, but more important that it is good for photo editing, so it can be smaller.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Card / cash

9. When are you purchasing? Not very soon, can wait for sales.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? DIY

On a side note, I think my processor in my PC could do with an upgrade, what would be a good upgrade from a core i5-6500, for about €200-300?

Comments

Advertisement