Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Broadband Ireland : implementation and progress

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭baz9375

Cloverhill, Co.Cavan.

Our Eircode updated on NBI website early this morning to ‘High speed fibre broadband now available’

Got a text then from Digiweb just after 9am to confirm installer appointment for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

baz9375 wrote: »
    Cloverhill, Co.Cavan.

Our Eircode updated on NBI website early this morning to ‘High speed fibre broadband now available’

Got a text then from Digiweb just after 9am to confirm installer appointment for Friday.

Eircode also went live in killeshandra, cavan this morning

Sky arriving on friday to install

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just checked my eircode....I'm building a house so only got my eircode in February so it wasn't on the NBI website, but as of this morning it is and is down as pending survey.

BUT my neighbor across the road whose eircode I have been using to keep track of NBI has now gone to available for pre-order

Good news all around

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭danny004

Anyone notice how Eir have been removed from the resellers list for NBI on the NBI website and into a new section of coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

danny004 wrote: »
    Anyone notice how Eir have been removed from the resellers list for NBI on the NBI website and into a new section of coming soon.

Just a random rant about Eir....does anybody think they have the worst check availability tool in the history of telecommunications companies...you cannot simply just enter your eircode and get an answer....you have to type in your whole address and hopefully it will find you. and I say hopefully!!!:mad::mad:

Just a random frustration I have with Eir!!

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Just checked my eircode....I'm building a house so only got my eircode in February so it wasn't on the NBI website, but as of this morning it is and is down as pending survey.

BUT my neighbor across the road whose eircode I have been using to keep track of NBI has now gone to available for pre-order

Good news all around

Just got available to preorder this morning as well, in Cork-Mahon deployment area. Hopefully this means it won’t be pushed back anymore! Still no DPs put up and cable are just tied around the poles though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Available to pre-order now for us in Rochestown too, have been ordered with Digiweb since Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

What does “available to preorder” actually mean, does anyone know? Are we talking a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Does anyone know how far inside the premises the ONT will be placed?
    In my house, the phone line came in through the kitchen but I would like the ONT to go through the kitchen into the sitting room. The current cable from the fixed wireless antenna is routed this way. Anyone know how flexible the installers will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Spillanee

Similar situation in Oranmore in Galway. ‘Available to pre order’ now showing again. Not sure what the story is it went from ‘Available to pre-order’ to July-September and then back to ‘Available to pre-order’ all in the space of a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭baz9375

Pique wrote: »
    Does anyone know how far inside the premises the ONT will be placed?
    In my house, the phone line came in through the kitchen but I would like the ONT to go through the kitchen into the sitting room. The current cable from the fixed wireless antenna is routed this way. Anyone know how flexible the installers will be?

Looks like KN are doing the installs. I asked the same question on here a while back and seems like they'll run the cable internally once you have the hard work done for them.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058160616

I've run conduit from gable wall, trough the attic and down into the room I want the unit installed in. Have a pull rope ready for them too.

I have an installation booked for Friday so I'll update this post once they've been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭user1842

baz9375 wrote: »
    Looks like KN are doing the installs. I asked the same question on here a while back and seems like they'll run the cable internally once you have the hard work done for them.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058160616

I've run conduit from gable wall, trough the attic and down into the room I want the unit installed in. Have a pull rope ready for them too.

I have an installation booked for Friday so I'll update this post once they've been.

I think you should be ok. We did the same thing with OpenEir and KN installing.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116980626&postcount=527

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

We had similar to others on here, status had changed to Ready to Preorder last week and then to July - Sept. Got a call from Digiweb a few minutes ago to tell me it had changed to Ready to Preorder on their system so I was able to get the preorder in with them. I had checked all the providers on NBI last week and Digiweb seemed to be the only ones covering our area that know what is going on so I went with them. Great to see everything coming together at last and by the sounds of it there are a lot of areas finishing build around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Came across lads doing survey last Thursday around the curragh and asked were they doing up where I live. He says yeah it'son our list but the army won't allow access. Talk about a nightmare. My address still isn't on the nbi site but a neighbours says survey planned 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

guil wrote: »
    Came across lads doing survey last Thursday around the curragh and asked were they doing up where I live. He says yeah it'son our list but the army won't allow access. Talk about a nightmare. My address still isn't on the nbi site but a neighbours says survey planned 2023

Ugh, that's a bit of a pain. Are you in the Camp itself? I would have thought there was a standard process for contractors to request access for such work.

Hopefully it won't affect the roll-out to the rest of the area.

Also, I can't figure out how they're doing the survey. They seem to appear in different areas on different days, but it doesn't seem contiguous. It doesn't matter in the end I suppose. The whole DA has to be surveyed before anything else can happen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Spillanee wrote: »
    Similar situation in Oranmore in Galway. ‘Available to pre order’ now showing again. Not sure what the story is it went from ‘Available to pre-order’ to July-September and then back to ‘Available to pre-order’ all in the space of a week.

I just preordered with Digiweb there for my house in Oranmore, just a waiting game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Dero wrote: »
    Ugh, that's a bit of a pain. Are you in the Camp itself? I would have thought there was a standard process for contractors to request access for such work.

Hopefully it won't affect the roll-out to the rest of the area.

Also, I can't figure out how they're doing the survey. They seem to appear in different areas on different days, but it doesn't seem contiguous. It doesn't matter in the end I suppose. The whole DA has to be surveyed before anything else can happen anyway.
    Yeah just on the edge of it. I've asked a few TD'S if they could ask questions. I'm guessing the army don't want them in around the barracks but that wouldn't affect me. We are direct to the exchange too

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I just preordered with Digiweb there for my house in Oranmore, just a waiting game now.

I contacted Digiweb about when it should be available and they're pretty sure it's July for Oranmore. They didn't know what was going on with the NBI site switching so much in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭NBAiii

What does “available to preorder” actually mean, does anyone know? Are we talking a month?
    Spillanee wrote: »
    db wrote: »
    We had similar to others on here, status had changed to Ready to Preorder last week and then to July - Sept. Got a call from Digiweb a few minutes ago to tell me it had changed to Ready to Preorder on their system so I was able to get the preorder in with them. I had checked all the providers on NBI last week and Digiweb seemed to be the only ones covering our area that know what is going on so I went with them. Great to see everything coming together at last and by the sounds of it there are a lot of areas finishing build around the same time.
    TheSegal wrote: »
    I contacted Digiweb about when it should be available and they're pretty sure it's July for Oranmore. They didn't know what was going on with the NBI site switching so much in the last few days.

People should be aware that the NBI system will accept pre-orders 90 calendar days in advance of the indicative ready for service (RFS) date.

Basically NBI have released a file to their RSPs saying we hope, but do not guarantee, that these Eircodes will be ready by the 2nd August 2021. We will now accept pre-orders but these orders will not convert into full orders until 14 days from the RFS date, a date that may be liable to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭NBAiii

Steve F wrote: »
    Man the NBI website is confusing

When I enter my Eircode it says Jan to Dec 2023 but when I go to another area of website my town land is Aug to Oct 21????
    The last few weeks have seen A LOT of work outside my property

Men dug a hole outside my house to access cable asked one of the guys what was happening he said there was a fault in the cable where they were digging

Then few days later they ran an overhead cable down another lane that runs 90 degrees to our lane and joined to the top of a pole outside our home(There is no underground cable up the lane where this overhead one came down)
    Last week a guy came and nailed a galvanized trunking to the pole nearest us and when I said we must be near to installation he said..."a few months now....august/september I'd say"

How can the website be over 2 Years difference? Who do we believe?

I live along the L1143 at Stonetown

As clohamon says the L1143 is essentially split between two deployment areas. In the following image the blue shaded area is part of Dundalk which would have the earlier date.

The only strang thing is that I checked premises in the shaded area and they are "Pending Survey" so either my map is wrong or the NBI checker is wrong. The fact that they are building in your area suggests that it is the checker at fault in this case.

552292.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

NBAiii wrote: »
    People should be aware that the NBI system will accept pre-orders 90 calendar days in advance of the indicative ready for service (RFS) date.

Basically NBI have released a file to their RSPs saying we hope, but do not guarantee, that these Eircodes will be ready by the 2nd August 2021. We will now accept pre-orders but these orders will not convert into full orders until 14 days from the RFS date, a date that may be liable to change.

It is what it is, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. We have been living off hotspots from the 3 network on our mobiles. Not easy with a family of 6, ages 21 to 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Strettie11

My location has just gone from July 2022 to December 2022 availability to available to Pre order ??

But Pre order button gives me no options when clicked WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

NBAiii wrote: »
    As clohamon says the L1143 is essentially split between two deployment areas. In the following image the blue shaded area is part of Dundalk which would have the earlier date.

The only strang thing is that I checked premises in the shaded area and they are "Pending Survey" so either my map is wrong or the NBI checker is wrong. The fact that they are building in your area suggests that it is the checker at fault in this case.

552292.PNG

Thanks.
    I'm in the blue shaded area next to the school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Was in available to pre order, then was pushed out another month july- September, seen lads working on our road today, checked nbi again and back to pre order, hopefully a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Has anyone on Pre-Order status actually gone ahead and pre-ordered?

If so, what was the reply from the ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

joe123 wrote: »

They just said whenever NBI makes it go live.
    As a previous poster said NBI says its 0-90 days before it goes live.

Can't complain though, it's light at the end of a very long tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Triangle wrote: »
    They just said whenever NBI makes it go live.
    As a previous poster said NBI says its 0-90 days before it goes live.

Can't complain though, it's light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Oh would love to be at that stage. 2025/26 is more realistic for my area unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hococop wrote: »
    Was in available to pre order, then was pushed out another month july- September, seen lads working on our road today, checked nbi again and back to pre order, hopefully a good sign

Just to ask a question on what I posted the lads are doing wiring with the vans with the sky lift(probably wrong name) any idea where that would put us in the set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭mun1

Just changed back to pre order again yesterday and link only gives choice of BB net or Digiweb ?
    Why only 2 retailers available ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

joe123 wrote: »

I had registered an interest with digiweb and they called me to tell me my status on their system had changed to available to preorder so I went ahead with them.

Advertisement