Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Broadband Ireland : implementation and progress

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

My Area (Julianstown, Meath), has been pushed back to March 2022 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I’ve just gotten an e-mail saying that our expected connection date is now Nov 21-Jan 22 after the map was only updated about three weeks ago to March-June 21. I’ve reached out to NBI for clarification on which date is the correct one but if it’s been pushed back again then that’ll be the fifth date change, four of them in the past few weeks, what is going on with them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I'd say at this stage add on 3 - 6 months to the dates given. As long as I get it I don't really care. I also got an email today saying to expect it In Nov 21 - Jan 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I’ve just gotten an e-mail saying that our expected connection date is now Nov 21-Jan 22 after the map was only updated about three weeks ago to March-June 21. I’ve reached out to NBI for clarification on which date is the correct one but if it’s been pushed back again then that’ll be the fifth date change, four of them in the past few weeks, what is going on with them?!
    I'm still down as March 2021 to June 2021 here

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

I got an e-mail this morning to say surveying is beginning in my area (county Limerick) and my expected connection date is July - December 2022.

I laughed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Does anyone have a genuine explanation for the delays? I doubt it's because of the pandemic, it's an essential service so they're after hitting a roadblock somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭baz9375

I'm still down as March 2021 to June 2021 here

Thankfully my dates haven't changed either and still at January 2021 to May 2021. Got an email from NBI last week confirming same dates also :-)

Cloverhill, Co.Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I got an email also and dates have remained the same at October 2021 - December 2021. I suppose there's lots of time for that to change though :(

Area: West Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Yeah they finally send out e-mail notifications.

Also doing a Q+A on twitter today.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

baz9375 wrote: »
    Thankfully my dates haven't changed either and still at January 2021 to May 2021. Got an email from NBI last week confirming same dates also :-)

Cloverhill, Co.Cavan

same here, partial text from email:

As a result, an updated anticipated date for connection has been identified for your premises, which is displayed below^:

January 2021 - May 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

Got the email also. It matched the timeline they've had on the website for a few weeks now (Aug-Oct 21). They've been working on ducting on my road for the last week. Considering there's only 2 ESB pole crossovers, it's surprising how complicated even a single duct run can be (they've had a lot of issues with one of the runs)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

They got back to me a while ago and apparently it’s still March-June 21, the dates in the e-mail were probably not updated from when the dates on the map were changed three weeks ago. I won’t hold my breath but hopefully it’s correct this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

I got an e-mail this morning to say surveying is beginning in my area (county Limerick) and my expected connection date is July - December 2022.

I laughed.

I got this too. Living in Patrickswell and the survey was done in early December last year abs yet still got that message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Got an e-mail today too for my parents house in south-east Laois

Surveying is underway in your area, which means a detailed network design is being produced in order to bring the NBI™ network to your premises. An anticipated date for connected has been identified for your premises, which is displayed below:
    February 2023 - April 2023

FFS! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 micksey1969

Digiweb fair usage policy. https://ibb.co/8DnFThY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Digiweb fair usage policy.

3 tb I'd burn through that fast with console and PC games

• Registered Users Posts: 46 micksey1969

All these isps know NBI is coming, the old 1TB FUP won’t cut it anymore. I use around 600GB a month with 28 mbps and only 2 of us in the house and no gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MFenix

Potentially crazy question but I’ve seen some really knowledgeable replies here, so here goes...

I have a small home office joined onto my house, with a separate front door. The whole building (office and residential part) has the same eircode.

I just got the email today to say that FTTH is on its way to the building in April 2022 and surveys are underway in my area.

But I am seriously considering paying Virgin for a costly office connection in the meantime (they will run cable and charge me) - I am at the point where I need this for my business.

My main concern is that doing so would then bring my house into the area “covered by existing service providers” and outside the NBI intervention area. I would still need the NBI to connect me for home internet purposes!

Am I right to worry about this, or is it the case that I am in the intervention area and that’s that...?

Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

MFenix wrote:
    My main concern is that doing so would then bring my house into the area “covered by existing service providers†and outside the NBI intervention area. I would still need the NBI to connect me for home internet purposes!

you would then be outside the intervention area full stop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

All these dates and we haven’t even a survey date prob gonna be like 2025 for us :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭testtech05

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    All these dates and we haven’t even a survey date prob gonna be like 2025 for us :(

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Same here, "survey planned" no update on dates, it would be a pain but nice if I had a survey in 2021 install 2023 whatever.
    Instead Im wondering will it be 2027

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Annoying part is all the surrounding town have fibre you wouldn’t think it’d be that hard to connect our road :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There has been a few guys around our neighborhood surveying what hedge cutting needs to be done. Getting excited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Pious14 wrote: »
    I got this too. Living in Patrickswell and the survey was done in early December last year abs yet still got that message.

How'rya neighbour.

The funny part is that the fibre is already run to 300m to the left and 200m to the right of my house. They left out a 500m stretch with about 30 houses in it.

Talk about joined up thinking, not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Got my dates yesterday, July -Dec 2022, County Limerick, cant wait lads!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Still "Premises Pending Survey" on my address, surly to feck everybody by now should as least have a date range for a survey at least

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Same here, Newport (TY) DA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

How'rya neighbour.

The funny part is that the fibre is already run to 300m to the left and 200m to the right of my house. They left out a 500m stretch with about 30 houses in it.

Talk about joined up thinking, not.

Sure, all they need is a length of cable and some electrical tape!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Still "Premises Pending Survey" on my address, surly to feck everybody by now should as least have a date range for a survey at least

Yep likewise. Premises pending Survey still too.

Dont like to hear of delays but when people are upset because they have been pushed back a few months, think of what its like for those of us who haven't even been surveyed.

I live in an estate of over 100 houses in a town and we are stuck with copper. Likely 2025 if not later. They really should have every area with an expected Survey date by now never mind a bloody connection.

Advertisement