Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan repayment early- No saving over life of loan

Options
  • 21-01-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hello. 

I recently paid off 2 loans early. In both cases they were at the half way mark if the term of the loan. 

When I did some calculations on this, it turned out that the savings to be made doing this were non existent. 

Looking at APR ( Annaul Percentage repayment) I am actually still unclear as to how this is possible. surely paying loans off in half the time should net some saving?

I also logged a complaint with the bank when I made the call in October payoff the loans, but to date have had no call back or follow up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hello there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards this afternoon.

We would be happy to help as best we can, would it be possible to send us a PM with more information on this so we can look in to this further for you.

Thanks,
    Aisling.

Advertisement