Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing ISP and moving router

• 21-01-2020 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi everybody I need some advice about moving my router. My current setup is a fixed wireless connection to a router upstairs which then connects to a desktop PC and NAS via ethernet cables.
    I will be switching ISP soon so the router will have to go downstairs beside the phone connection. My problem is I want to keep the NAS upstairs connected to the PC but still be able to stream media to TVs etc around the house. Would power line adapters work in this case and allow me to stream video to TVs or is there a better solution?

Thanks
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nobody can tell you how EoP will work in your house, you need to buy and test. Argos allow easy returns if that helps.

Advertisement