Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused to be quoted for motor insurance

Options
  • 21-01-2020 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Today I rang AXA for a motor insurance quotation. Long story short, I've been on a company car insurance policy for the last 8 years and as I haven't had a private motor insurance policy in that time I've lost my no claims bonus. As I don't have a no claims bonus AXA and I'm over 30, they refused to quote me as they said it's against their policy. I've never had a crash(thankfully) or never had to claim for anything in the 20 years I've been driving!

They are the only ones I have tried for now and will try going through a broker for a quote but is this normal does anyone know? Curious, do I have a bit of a battle ahead of me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Ring around and see where you end up. Just because AXA are a bunch of goons doesn't mean they all are.
    Have you been a named driver on any policy? My other half is named on my policy, which counted when she tried getting insurance after coming off a company policy, and had lost her previous NCB like you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement