Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn covered with mud

Options
  • 21-01-2020 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

My lawn was covered with mud by builders, from a thin layer to inches deep. This wasn't something we wanted. Inn addition to removing as much as possible, is there anything else that would help it recover in this weather/season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭standardg60

Not really, removing as much as you can is best for the moment, it will recover when it warms up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

What tool would work best for this? - Once the thicker soil is removed with a shovel or spade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭standardg60

What tool would work best for this? - Once the thicker soil is removed with a shovel or spade.

A stiff yard brush..and lots of elbow grease

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Wondering if a lawn long tined rake would be needed to break up the compacted mud first?

I dont think it is compacted. They had a huge pile of soil that had been excavated and they decided to spread it all over the lawn. It's bizarre. Going to take ages to clear it up even if they clear the thickest amount themselves.

• Advertisement

Are they not liable for cleaning their mess up?

That's plan A alright. They're contrary though.

Tell them other plan is to get gardeners in to repair your lawn and passing on to them their bill.

They ripped up all the existing grass. Leveled it and covered with topsoil, with the plan of reseeding it. Quite a big job that I absolutely didn't want them to do. So no grass there to uncover now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I hope you haven't paid them in full yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Similar issue last year in my own garden, a lot of hard work to put right.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111320023

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

oleras wrote: »
    Similar issue last year in my own garden, a lot of hard work to put right.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111320023

Did you get it levelled out eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Did you get it levelled out eventually?

No, seed has come up fine since planted, haven't cut it yet, when i cut it i will give it a good roll, should be fine. Needs a few weeks of dry weather.

Advertisement