Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

On WC cant decide between kun and auba. Kun played 90 last night but has a good record against spurs any thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I was comfortable, when I wildcarded, to set and forgot for a few weeks. I went with Mahrez, KdB and Aguero.

Before Salah springing life back into my season, I settled on leaving Aubameyang for this week and banking to have 2FT's for the long GW.

However looking at City last night all 3 played. I'm thinking Aguero and/or Mahrez will be rotated Sunday. Do I move on Aguero for Aubameyang or do a -4 for Mahrez.

The game after they have West Ham at home and all 3 could play in this.

Should i just stick with my gut and let them ride for next 2 GW's anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is everyone ignoring Auba because of the rumours he might be off to Barca? Better fixtures over the next 3 and he's about as close to nailed as we get in a top team these days. I've enough to get Aguero but feel I should be spending a but more on the other player in and getting Auba instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Cheers lads....I'm veering towards banking now I think.

Want to hold Mane, and the direct Vardy alternatives are underwhelming

I’ve done the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I was comfortable, when I wildcarded, to set and forgot for a few weeks. I went with Mahrez, KdB and Aguero.

Before Salah springing life back into my season, I settled on leaving Aubameyang for this week and banking to have 2FT's for the long GW.

However looking at City last night all 3 played. I'm thinking Aguero and/or Mahrez will be rotated Sunday. Do I move on Aguero for Aubameyang or do a -4 for Mahrez.

I'd say hold myself. Tempted to get Auba this week but Burnley looking solid again defensively is holding me back atm. That WH game could be a big scoring opportunity for all 3

• Advertisement

markc91 wrote: »
    On WC cant decide between kun and auba. Kun played 90 last night but has a good record against spurs any thoughts

Facing the same decision, thinking I'll go Auba and I can afford Greenwood to Ings the following GW then

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'd say hold myself. Tempted to get Auba this week but Burnley looking solid again defensively is holding me back atm. That WH game could be a big scoring opportunity for all 3

Burnley haven't been solid they've been lucky. XGc over the last two was just under 4 and over the last 4 is just under 8 so they're been consistently looking like they should conceded two a game lately. Even just looking at home form it's only a marginal improvement on their overall. Granted their fixtures haven't been average but they still let in less than would be expected over that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'm going to move Soy on for a Sheffield United defender despite the blank. Three good fixtures coming up for them. I don't want to make the mistake of previous seasons of hanging on to players I don't want just because they don't blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I need a playing keeper for gazziniga as Button is my spare any suggestions?
    Funds not an issue

I did Gazza to Henderson, 5m

Yes this was my thinking when going with the 3. There will be games they don’t score highly but there will be games they score huge. That’s why it was, if I go they are there for at least 5 GW’s.

Inevitable Mahrez & Aguero could outscore over the next 2 GW’s Any transfer I make.

I’m gonna stick & carry the FT as that could be worth a lot more as GW is so long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Maupay out for Wood....Brighton have gone into free fall mode...Burnley look to have turned a corner and some decent fixtures coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Auba in for Vardy and Soyuncu to Williams as a fund raiser but I'll hold Mane as I have Salah as cover and don't want a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I did my initial move of bringing Jimi back in for El Bobbito.

I was planning on holding onto Mané but I see the difference in only 0.4m, which isn't as bad as I had initially thought. So I may move him off....possible try and spring for Salah.

Vardy is on the block too. Poss for Kun. Also I want to bring back Ricci for Maddy. i'll probably space this out over the next two GWs

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Also I just copped I still have Snoddy.. He's out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

carnie wrote: »
    Also I just copped I still have Snoddy.. He's out!

He was a bit unlucky to not get an attacking return last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Sadly at 5.3 I think he is a little high.
    He was a bit unlucky to not get an attacking return last night.

Agreed I am actually thinking of getting him in

Got Harry Wilson in for Mane as a punt this week. Will also do Tammy to Aguero/Auba before the deadline for -4

Went for Auba after. Leaves enough for Greenwood to Ings next week then

Yes this was my thinking when going with the 3. There will be games they don’t score highly but there will be games they score huge. That’s why it was, if I go they are there for at least 5 GW’s.

Inevitable Mahrez & Aguero could outscore over the next 2 GW’s Any transfer I make.

I’m gonna stick & carry the FT as that could be worth a lot more as GW is so long

Scrap that Sarr & Tosun both out!! 1.9m ITB. I need help.

Any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Don't think I'm going to obsess too much over blanks for this week. So might switch Mane to DSilva. Hadn't really considered just upgrading a good Mane sub. Will have to consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭munster87

I’m going to do Mané to Almiron, failed to talk myself out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Mane and Tammy out, for Son and Firmino. Yes or No? And worth -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Getting a little worried about getting 11 playing this weekend.

Simpson to a cheap playing defender from Sheff Utd, Newcastle or Southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Mane and Tammy out, for Son and Firmino. Yes or No? And worth -4?

Depends if you also have Salah. Or Jimi?
    If not I'd prefer that pair if you can afford them

Salah over Bobby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Depends if you also have Salah. Or Jimi?
    If not I'd prefer that pair if you can afford them

Salah over Bobby

I have Salah and TAA. True, Jimi is consistent but Liverpool's fixtures are so good. Plus it's fun to own Son!

If it’s guaranteed minutes you’re after then Aubameyang is your man.

I sold all City assets, except KDB, in GW 9 and haven’t looked backed.

Reached the heights of 3k since then. Now at 35k but no need to talk about that.

If it’s guaranteed minutes you’re after then Aubameyang is your man.

I sold all City assets, except KDB, in GW 9 and haven’t looked backed.

Reached the heights of 3k since then. Now at 35k but no need to talk about that.

Well done but I think Aguero missed a huge chunk of that. He also exploded with a goal in every game for first 7 or 8 games.

I looked it as City going all out and just going to whack teams here & there.. particularly at home.

I’ve now got a Sarr & Tosun problem.

Hayden & Lundstram are my subs. I can do Tosun & Mahrez to Aubameyang & Fleck

Or can just transfer 1 to Traore or Jimenez

Really wanted to carry 2 transfers though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Suggestions for a Mane replacement for a fun, one week punt? Cureently have Salah, KDB, Maddison and Dendoncker in midfield. Thinking of Grealish currently but may not be fun enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Suggestions for a Mane replacement for a fun, one week punt? Cureently have Salah, KDB, Maddison and Dendoncker in midfield. Thinking of Grealish currently but may not be fun enough.

Maybe Perez or Harry Wilson.

Well done but I think Aguero missed a huge chunk of that. He also exploded with a goal in every game for first 7 or 8 games.

I looked it as City going all out and just going to whack teams here & there.. particularly at home.

I’ve now got a Sarr & Tosun problem.

Hayden & Lundstram are my subs. I can do Tosun & Mahrez to Aubameyang & Fleck

Or can just transfer 1 to Traore or Jimenez

Really wanted to carry 2 transfers though

If Aguero was guaranteed 90 minutes every week, like Vardy and Kane, I’d pay 15m for him every day. But he’s not guaranteed and I just couldn’t be doing with it. Takes all the fun out of my FPL week when a player is benched let alone a premium priced player.

I’ve got a couple of problems myself, including Mane, but I’m gonna play my bench players, Rico and Kelly, and go 5 at the back this week as I think the FT will be worth more for the next GW. The picture will be much much clearer by then.

I think Sarr is due back this GW, from previous assessment of his injury, so hopefully he’ll play for you.

Hayden has a nice fixture.

I’d gamble and do Tosun to a good fixture run like McBurnie. Has been first choice for last 3 games and his minutes indicate he’s now first choice. He can score a goal too.

Edit - just checked Sarr and it’s been updated. He is out this week. I don’t like the Wolves fixtures though so would look elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Maybe Perez or Harry Wilson.

Good call.

I went straight to see who Villa and Norwich were playing.

Wilson or Fraser.

Almiron or Saint-Maximin.

Advertisement