Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Suggestions for a Mane replacement for a fun, one week punt? Cureently have Salah, KDB, Maddison and Dendoncker in midfield. Thinking of Grealish currently but may not be fun enough.

Went for Harry Wilson myself for a similar punt

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Suggestions for a Mane replacement for a fun, one week punt? Cureently have Salah, KDB, Maddison and Dendoncker in midfield. Thinking of Grealish currently but may not be fun enough.

I am fairly sure I will now wildcard after next weeks deadline passes so I am now torn between holding mane (and would then have salah/mane away to Norwich which is VERY tempting )
    Or
    Selling him this week to allow me get aguero in next week for west ham at home and I could then move him on again if I want on WC

Selling mane makes sense on some levels this week as I will have to play two of Rico (AVL), Kelly (SHU) Soy(CHE) or Hayden (NOR)
    And that’s assuming Vardy plays otherwise it is 3
    And also assuming Lund hasn’t lost his place ......
    Obviously looking at that I should be sorting my defence but all the defenders I want have poor games but fixtures then next week for them
    I could even WC next week so want to use my FT in case I do

So whomever comes in for Mane will be a two week punt
    I keep coming back to David Silva ......or Mahrez who is more exciting but I feel is likely to be benched this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

km79 wrote: »
    I am fairly sure I will now wildcard after next weeks deadline passes so I am now torn between holding mane (and would then have salah/mane away to Norwich which is VERY tempting )
    Or
    Selling him this week to allow me get aguero in next week for west ham at home and I could then move him on again if I want on WC

Selling mane makes sense on some levels this week as I will have to play two of Rico (AVL), Kelly (SHU) Soy(CHE) or Hayden (NOR)
    And that’s assuming Vardy plays otherwise it is 3
    And also assuming Lund hasn’t lost his place ......
    Obviously looking at that I should be sorting my defence but all the defenders I want have poor games but fixtures then next week for them
    I could even WC next week so want to use my FT in case I do

So whomever comes in for Mane will be a two week punt
    I keep coming back to David Silva ......or Mahrez who is more exciting but I feel is likely to be benched this week

Genuinely think you should be looking at Pool double defence over Salah & Mane. Look at their respective scores total over the season - there is not much in it.

Look at how Liverpool are playing. They are shutting down games, conserving energy & not going full throttle. Take West Ham for example, they were there to be whacked but once it went 2 they dropped intensity massively.

On the run in last year City were similar, there was so many 1-0 wins.. Laporte was top scoring most weeks.

I doubled up the GW before & Trent & VVD both outscored Salah/Mane & Firmino.

Add to that you have about 5mil to share across the squad to have a decent bench for when rotation & blanks come along.

Yes Mane may explode v Norwich to think of the bigger picture & what you can accumulate either side of the fixture by selling & using cash elsewhere

If Aguero was guaranteed 90 minutes every week, like Vardy and Kane, I’d pay 15m for him every day. But he’s not guaranteed and I just couldn’t be doing with it. Takes all the fun out of my FPL week when a player is benched let alone a premium priced player.

I’ve got a couple of problems myself, including Mane, but I’m gonna play my bench players, Rico and Kelly, and go 5 at the back this week as I think the FT will be worth more for the next GW. The picture will be much much clearer by then.

I think Sarr is due back this GW, from previous assessment of his injury, so hopefully he’ll play for you.

Hayden has a nice fixture.

I’d gamble and do Tosun to a good fixture run like McBurnie. Has been first choice for last 3 games and his minutes indicate he’s now first choice. He can score a goal too.

Edit - just checked Sarr and it’s been updated. He is out this week. I don’t like the Wolves fixtures though so would look elsewhere.

Yes Hayden has a nice fixture & then I Have Lundstram who could do anything v Palace.

I’m gonna go with banking, it’s what I wanted all the time & it will be more valuable coming into the next GW

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Genuinely think you should be looking at Pool double defence over Salah & Mane. Look at their respective scores total over the season - there is not much in it.

Look at how Liverpool are playing. They are shutting down games, conserving energy & not going full throttle. Take West Ham for example, they were there to be whacked but once it went 2 they dropped intensity massively.

On the run in last year City were similar, there was so many 1-0 wins.. Laporte was top scoring most weeks.

I doubled up the GW before & Trent & VVD both outscored Salah/Mane & Firmino.

Add to that you have about 5mil to share across the squad to have a decent bench for when rotation & blanks come along.

Yes Mane may explode v Norwich to think of the bigger picture & what you can accumulate either side of the fixture by selling & using cash elsewhere

my plan since mid december was to switch mane for salah and move todouble defence alright so I am likely to go ahead with it
    I was doing that as a differential move as salah looked way more dangerous to my eye than mane and most people would prob just hold mane
    His injury will prob make more people do it now,.......

I am prob overthinking it now but I just spotted Liverpool have A Madrid game away just 3 days after Norwich . Worried TAA and Salah could be rested but italso makes risking mane less likely

So
    Mane to Dilva, Mahrez, Traore or Fleck .........I would love the city triple up before their winter break (get aguero in next week or tomorrow if we hear vardy is benched)

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Yes Hayden has a nice fixture & then I Have Lundstram who could do anything v Palace.

I’m gonna go with banking, it’s what I wanted all the time & it will be more valuable coming into the next GW

I could also start him I suppose but it feels like chasing last few weeks points
    Newcastle are not exactly prolific

I could also start him I suppose but it feels like chasing last few weeks points
    Newcastle are not exactly prolific

You could but I’d be looking at it as 12mil just sitting there & you are making a decision soo enough.

If you are going double Pool defence then go now, if not then hold Mane & ride it out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really really dunno what to do with Mane. Liverpool are in a position in the league where they don't need to rush him back and could well keep him fresh for Champions league. If I sell him and go to Salah though I'm losing a fair bit as I bought him for 12.

There's been so many situations where things went against me this season after changing things that looked fairly obvious! So ya this one stinks of the same crap all over again haha.

Think one thing that's drawing me to replacing him though is points scored are better then holding such an expensive player on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

On antibiotics so judgement may be clouded...current thinking is:

- Keep Mane
    - Exit the Vardy Party...I think Leicester and him have peaked
    - Dump Sidibe....seemed like a good choice a few weeks back but not a certain starter and way overpriced either way
    - Aubameyang and Fernandez (Newcastle) in for a hit.

Risky no doubt but huge upside with most people distracted with Mane to Salah, and Aubameyang possibly under the radar a bit

the worst thing about it all is due to liverpool not having game till second week of the break webe in same situation
    I have decided to sell
    Now to decide who for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Holding onto Mane, can take another .1 drop alright on him.

Have Tammy now too, and mixed reports around, will wait until Press Conference.

Ings will have to start for Mane.

Bench is week this week with Soyuncu as Tammys sub or Dendoncker.

Might just play what I have and re-asses next GW with 2 FT's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm half tempted to wildcard now and then bb in 26 or 27. Hate my defence this week - Rico Dunk Soyuncu - want rid of them all and McCarthy is my only gk away at Pool. I've Greenwood stinking the place out plus an out of form Maddison. And will Vardy even start?! Going to start tinkering now...

I'm half tempted to wildcard now and then bb in 26 or 27. Hate my defence this week - Rico Dunk Soyuncu - want rid of them all and McCarthy is my only gk away at Pool. I've Greenwood stinking the place out plus an out of form Maddison. And will Vardy even start?! Going to start tinkering now...

The more I look at my team here, I've some lads I just don't want anymore like yourself.

I'll go off now an mock up a WC team to tease myself.

Lost enough ground last week, can't afford another mare. But was half expecting this GW to be poor and prepared for the worst.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    On antibiotics so judgement may be clouded...current thinking is:

- Keep Mane
    - Exit the Vardy Party...I think Leicester and him have peaked
    - Dump Sidibe....seemed like a good choice a few weeks back but not a certain starter and way overpriced either way
    - Aubameyang and Fernandez (Newcastle) in for a hit.

Risky no doubt but huge upside with most people distracted with Mane to Salah, and Aubameyang possibly under the radar a bit

Stick with Sidibe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

the worst thing about it all is due to liverpool not having game till second week of the break webe in same situation
    I have decided to sell
    Now to decide who for

Yea Liverpool play Atletico away 3 days after Norwich so I cant see Mane getting a full game against Norwich.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yea Liverpool play Atletico away 3 days after Norwich so I cant see Mane getting a full game against Norwich.

Klopp gives players 60 mins or so before big games, he will want to get something into Mane for sure.

I wish fleck had a better fixture .........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Would it be madness to go triple pool defence and go without Salah/Mane? TAA Robertson and VVD.

Lots of midfield options at the moment.

Would it be madness to go triple pool defence and go without Salah/Mane? TAA Robertson and VVD.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I wouldn't call it madness. A bit of a ballsy call but could see the logic behind it.

I do agree that Robbo+TAA+Salah is the ideal right now.

There's no way of me doing it without taking a hit and Mane could be back for Norwich. I can't disagree with anything in the post above saying this is the way to go, if I was on a wildy I would have no hesitation in going this route. But for now I think I may be keeping Mane and hoping I can get through this week without major losses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I don’t think so. Maybe not great this weekend but over the rest of the season I think it’s a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

0.7 ITB with 2 FT. Have no idea what to do?
    Lascelles in for Aurier/Soy/Kelly?
    GK change?
    Or move on Mahrez for Maddison to prep for blank GW28?
    I'm stumped. Feels like making a change for the sake of it.

Pope | Button

Aurier | Kelly | Lundstram | Soyuncu | TAA

Salah | Grealish | KDB | Mahrez | Dendonker

Firminho | Jiminez | Vardy

Green&Red wrote: »
    I don’t think so. Maybe not great this weekend but over the rest of the season I think it’s a winner

It’s about the best run of attacking fixtures possible
    Madness to go without of mane /salah
    They will be highly captained too

It’s about the best run of attacking fixtures possible
    Madness to go without of mane /salah
    They will be highly captained too

That's what is getting to me now today, dunno who to captain as Mane out and No Salah, have 2.0 ITB, will I just pull the trigger?

shmeee wrote: »
    That's what is getting to me now today, dunno who to captain as Mane out and No Salah, have 2.0 ITB, will I just pull the trigger?

Yes
    Stop overthinking it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Did a simple Manè to Salah transfer. The plan is to assess some players then (including new signings) over the next couple of gw's. Happy enough with my squad but open to changes too. £1.1m itb

McCarthy McGovern
    TAA Robertson Pereira Sidibé Hanley
    Salah KdB Mahrez Grealish Dendoncker
    Vardy Ings DCL

Yes
    Stop overthinking it

Done!

Capture.jpg

48 hours bollox acting over it solved by a lad on boards just saying do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

GK change?

Pope | Button

I'm stumped too after looking for a few minutes!
    Spurs have tough short term fixtures but there's an attacking slant to their play that favours Aurier side, Norwich tend to score but 4.2M for Newcastle captain is tempting especially if an oop Ritchie perhaps or a WB Rose are out of budget...

Concerns that the Lord isn't nailed either so adding a second SHU (Egan 4.5 or O'Connell 4.6) could work but CRY are getting players back...

Jeez, no help really and probably adding to your angst; sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

GK change?

Pope | Button

Kelly to Stephens. Soton have a nice run after Liverpool and you can just bench him this GW. Also has a game in 28.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pope/McGovern
    Soy, Kelly, VVD, Cathcart, Lundstram
    Grealish, Salah, Mane, KDB (Choudhury)
    Tammy, Vardy, Ings

2 FTs. Suggestions for Mane and Tammy replacements?

Advertisement