Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new coronavirus outbreak China, Korea, USA - mod warnings in OP (updated 24/02/20)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

3 more cases in Italy in the last hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Have been following this here and on R:// for the last few weeks.

I find it most unusual that the media doesnt seem to report whats happening at the same rate things appear to be happening. But I also found this very interesting post on redit which is quite possibly fake news but also made me want to share it here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID__19/comments/f2jwew/if_you_were_ever_banned_or_had_a_post_removed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

r/COVID__19
    u/jackthoma59d
    If you were ever banned or had a post removed from r/Coronavirus or r/China_Flu or have noticed the censorship then please read this...
    Conspiracy
    I found something interesting on u/CLO_Junkie the guy who created all the main coronavirus communities and is the main moderator.

So if you go to his post history and look at when his account was created it was November 7th, right around the time China probably knew they ****ed up about the virus and mainstream news about it was imminent. His profile suggests he deals with money so of course his first post on November 7th is in r/wallstreetbets. But after that zero posts and comments for months. Sounds like a typical cover to disguise who he really is. I mean not even one post or comment after that? Come on.

Then once official news broke of the virus on January 20th he rushed and immediately created multiple communities such as r/China_Flu and r/coronavirus as if he already had this all planned. As people joined and posted he suppressed information heavily as you can tell because all of his comments are telling people why a post is being removed. Pretty much anything showing negative things about China is removed.

My guess is that he is working for the CCP, probably works for them full time and they had this plan all along. His goal was to come into reddit disguised as a normal user and then to create communities that everyone would join that the CCP could control. He must not have a day job because he moderates 24/7.

If they control those communities, then they control the information that most of the reddit users talking about the virus have.

When I posted in r/coronavirus complaining about the heavy censorship on the thread and asking others to join my community the post was removed and I was permanently banned without reason.

He also immediately rushed and made r/COVID19 today almost instantly once the WHO released the name.

What do you think?

UPDATE: This may be worse than I thought. His account was created ONE DAY after Event 201

UPDATE 2: After searching r/wuhan_flu for “clo” I came across this thread It’s worse than I thought. It may be a group of globalists who decided to play event 201 in real life, the account was created one day after event 201 took place. Could this group be comprised of rich people with an agenda? Could they have leaked the virus from the Wuhan Level 4 bio lab by knowing someone inside who is part of their agenda? This is ****ing crazy.

UPDATE 3: One of the mods who is heavy on censorship (likely from China/CCP) is a virologist. Maybe he worked in the Wuhan Level 4 Bio Lab...see this

UPDATE 4: Another thread about CLO_Junkie and his friends trying to nuke a discord putting out negative info on China that they couldn’t control!

UPDATE 5: Today February 12th, CLO_Junkie had an AMA on his subreddit and everyone was pressuring him with questions that I brought about in my post here. Spread the truth!

Also, r/Wuhan_Flu is a now quarantined subreddit. It was the only popular subreddit about the virus that CLO and his peers could not control. They had that subreddit quarantined because they could not control it. If the link in UPDATE 2 for the thread is not working please search for r/Wuhan_Flu and join it, then try the link in UPDATE 2 and it should work.

The 50 Cent Party - it's a thing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

When did it jump from 35 to 89, do you have link to that report that's a significant 54 increase.

Pretty sure that's a mistake... still 35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

wakka12 wrote: »

Wouldn't be surprised to see them cancelling football matches this weekend in the country to avoid mass gathering of people. They need to get a handle on this quickly.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

UPDATE 3: One of the mods who is heavy on censorship (likely from China/CCP) is a virologist. Maybe he worked in the Wuhan Level 4 Bio Lab...see this
    Holy Sh!t - better stay away from the next Mods convention:(

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

How does it skip big cities and take root in a cluster of small Italian towns... mystifying pattern.
    Ditto for the cases in Iran.

Very strange virus or else the test is wonky.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

odyssey06 wrote: »
    How does it skip big cities and take root in a cluster of small Italian towns... mystifying pattern.

Quite possibly the folks who have it in big cities haven't become ill enough to present themselves to hospitals.

Oh dear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0xEbNh8x8U

Most downbeat iv'e seen Dr. John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

odyssey06 wrote: »

Because people are being tested only in the specific towns. Mass tests only take place where there is an official new case
    Nobody is testing anyone in Rome or Milan as there are no new cases at the moment there

• Advertisement

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Oh dear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0xEbNh8x8U

Most downbeat iv'e seen Dr. John

Start of the video says the Chinese have confirmed it's airborne. Didn't hear that being mentioned again anywhere else today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,951 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

givyjoe wrote: »
    Start of the video says the Chinese have confirmed it's airborne. Didn't hear that being mentioned again anywhere else today.

Think i heard if mentioned at least a week ago by Dr. John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Yes while on aeroplanes

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Yes while on aeroplanes

Eh, no, that isn't the case https://youtu.be/pshp3uZzHTw or not just planes.

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Yes while on aeroplanes

Nope not just on aeroplanes.

• Advertisement

Two trains in Italy stopped with suspected cases on board https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/1230975686338392069?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Two trains in Italy stopped with suspected cases on board https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/1230975686338392069?s=19

It’s trainborne now

Must be bad when Italy stops the trains running on time...

If you tilt the map a nudge to the right it kind of looks like an outline of mickey mouse over the Asia Pacific which is kind of apt really

2020.02.21map.PNG?itok=aMBTT1JK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Dr John the nurse is making a mint from this. Fair play.

• Advertisement

Twitter is the gift that keeps giving this evening. This absolute bell end of a woman lied about about clear on their test to get off her cruise ship.

https://twitter.com/livecrisisnews/status/1230975076322902022?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,686 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Twitter is the gift that keeps giving this evening. This absolute bell end of a woman lied about about clear on their test to get off her cruise ship.

They're just taking people's word they're clear? That should be the story
    Anyway they haven't tested positive - yet...

She'll be one of many.

First death in Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Presumably for two weeks. Which came out of the blue. I hope these folks have been "stockpiling" enough supplies for two weeks of self quarantine.

No it was the elderly man in his 70s in the Veneto region

Presumably for two weeks. Which came out of the blue. I hope these folks have been "stockpiling" enough supplies for two weeks of self quarantine.

Poor sods are only getting a week off. "for a week the inhabitants will have to stay at home ".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

One week per the article. Incubation for most people seems to be 3 to 5 days, so that makes sense.

Cases in Italy are jumping up now, but that's to be expected as they test close contacts of known carriers. A lot of countries are going to have similar outbreaks which need to be tackled.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

First death in Italy

Cases 21
    First fatality :(

This is looking like a bad thing :(

• Advertisement

Given the cfr in new countries over the last few days, I'm wondering if this thing could be pretty bad.

Hope I'm wrong, but I just get bad feels recently.

they can still go to the shops and buy food, even in Wuhan people could still go food shopping and food was plenty in the shelves

2019, all is forgiven.

This decade has had a very bad start :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    they can still go to the shops and buy food, even in Wuhan people could still go food shopping and food was plenty in the shelves

Why do people think that two weeks would require a vast stockpile of supplies?
    A healthy person wouldn't even die from 2 weeks with no food.
    (not that the Italian services would let that happen.)
    Anyone who contracts the virus will be moved to hospital.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    2019, all is forgiven.

This decade has had a very bad start :(

Let's hope we see the end of it!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Given the cfr in new countries over the last few days, I'm wondering if this thing could be pretty bad.

Hope I'm wrong, but I just get bad feels recently.

There is likely many milder cases undetected but it does appear to be a dangerous disease going by the outcome of patients on the cruise liner and how many more deaths that have occurred in wuhan than you'd expect from seasonal flu in that timeframe

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Feck I really thought things were slowing down. Also booked flights to Paris, for March. Thinking iff italy spreads I’ll be staying home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

tuxy wrote: »
    Why do people think that two weeks would require a vast stockpile of supplies?
    A healthy person wouldn't even die from 2 weeks with no food. Anyone who contracts the virus will be moved to hospital.

In fairness has a quarantine lasted the time it was initially announced? They keep getting revised each week 'quarantine is extended another week' etc.

Anyway for now they can go to the shop it's not a full lockdown.

In fairness has a quarantine lasted the time it was initially announced? They keep getting revised each week 'quarantine is extended another week' etc.

Anyway for now they can go to the shop it's not a full lockdown.

I think the one in the Wirral lasted about as long as expected.
    I can't see the Italian services letting people go without food and medical supplies, so I just wonder what these people should be stockpiling?

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Feck I really thought things were slowing down. Also booked flights to Paris, for March. Thinking iff italy spreads I’ll be staying home.

The number of ethnic Chinese in Ireland is estimated at 60,000. The group is potentially the largest (and if not the second largest) Minority Ethnic Community in the Irish State.

I can't believe it's not here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

It's not going to be contained then. It's going to permanently establish itself as a seasonal disease. A counterpart of flu that is more infectious and kills a decent portion of people who are infected.

As an island with a food surplus we technically could avoid exposure. But realistically we're not going to close our borders to infected countries. I'm not even sure we legally can close our borders to EU countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

tuxy wrote: »
    I can't see the Italian services letting people go without food and medical supplies, so so I just wonder what these people should be stockpiling?

Spaghetti?

Spaghetti?

Yes but they stockpile that under normal circumstances so no change there.

I have full faith in the Italian authorities.

Actually I don't.

Amputation of Europe's leg may be required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,686 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Spaghetti?

What about pizza?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The number of ethnic Chinese in Ireland is estimated at 60,000. The group is potentially the largest (and if not the second largest) Minority Ethnic Community in the Irish State.

Approximately one in every 17,000 Chinese residents are confirmed infected

Bearing in mind there will be relatively few travelling from China to Ireland since this outbreak it's really not surprising at all

If it takes hold in another European state then things would start to be different.

It's not going to be contained then. It's going to permanently establish itself as a seasonal disease. A counterpart of flu that is more infectious and kills a decent portion of people who are infected.
    I would hope a vaccine would be developed before a second "season"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Beasty wrote: »
    Approximately one in every 17,000 Chinese residents are confirmed infected

Bearing in mind there will be relatively few travelling from China to Ireland since this outbreak it's really not surprising at all

If it takes hold in another European state then things would start to be different.
    Italy??:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

It is here, and next week we will hear that someone who tested negative, was tested again and has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Mic 1972 wrote: »

there are some shortages, plus you have to factor in rough areas any excuse to loot

https://twitter.com/prasannavishy/status/1229611971638480896

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement