Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new coronavirus outbreak China, Korea, USA - mod warnings in OP (updated 24/02/20)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Kinda racist :)
    Oops, but have you ever seen the cable show 'pawn stars', the one based in Detroit, nearly every single customer has some gold (internal/external), or is selling gold, or wants to buy gold (often as teeth).

Spot Gold is up at 7yr high, climbed 2% this morning.
    Would actually prefer Silver (also up), as is more beneficial in a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Oops, but have you ever seen the cable show 'pawn stars', the one based in Detroit, nearly every single customer has some gold (internal/external), or is selling gold, or wants to buy gold (often as teeth).

How would you feel if the same comment was posted on a British chat room where they were talking about Irish and the offer was a bottle of whiskey- I would see that as equally as racist as your comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Pawn Stars is set in Las Vegas and is a mildly entertaining show, the one in Detroit is called hard core pawn and is absolute trash ...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,746 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

fritzelly wrote: »
    "Expert" on Liveline, it's no worse than flu, take a deep breath lol
    Meanwhile in Italy...

tenor.gif

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭Cody montana

If it's anything like Eurostocks 3-4% down the toilet is the conservative estimate.

The gold stores over in Detroit will be eyeing up anyone walking by their stores, that has a gold $1680^ tooth or bit of gangsta bling, entice them in with free fried chicken.

Down 870 points, yikes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Highly irrelevant, as most of these are brand new cases
    e.g. Italy has gone from 150 yesterday to 200 today, was only 100 couple days ago.

The WuFlu takes 2-3wks to run it's course.
    Even that duration is ignoring secondary complications.

Recovery rate of China (largest by far dataset) is only 30%.
    The rest is either 'pending' or 'pushing up daisies'.

I agree, someone was arguing how relevant it is to look at a large data set when most cases are from 1 specific region of the world. Other than that I personally only look at the full picture here, China+Rest of the world and only at close cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Titclamp wrote: »
    If there was no internet we'd not be infected virus paranoia

You make mock now but I hope you PC antivirus is up to date you can catch this thing over WIFI.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Can anyone explain this to me?

https://qz.com/1017805/the-world-bank-issued-425-million-in-pandemic-bonds-and-derivatives-designed-so-investors-pay-in-the-event-of-an-outbreak/
    The World Bank’s “pandemic bonds” are designed so investors pay in the event of an outbreak...

Is that why a pandemic is no longer a pandemic? Because the investors would lose their money, and the funds would be released to go to countries currently fighting COVID19?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Dow Jones down 900 points over pandemic fears, WHO needs to tell them they've had the word removed from the dictionary, no need to panic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

WHO are live:

Hopefully they’ll be taken to task by the media.

Down 870 points, yikes!!

US markets just opened, and -3% before anyone had their double expresso.

Euro-land is just past mid-day and noticed two of the largest down at least 4.2% each, that is some really major drop.

14:40 GMT:
    CAC40 = - 4.27
    DAX = - 4.30
    FTSE = - 3.87

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Listening to Liveline here, they are saying check the HSE website for the latest info ...

christ..

Jesus Christ.

Am afraid to press F5 on the live fiscal markets hub webpage.:at 14:42

dONWNmJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It is not lower in Iran where it has most likely mutated. 20% fatalities in Iran.

Is there any credible evidence that it has mutated except for that doctor on YouTube who heard it from a friend? I'm sure hes making a lot of money from the views and we all know what sells more than calm rational analysis. CFR will likely change as more information becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Liveline had the whole thing sorted earlier kind of.

Another death in Italy, ,80 year old

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of denial

Mic 72 be very carful don't be having a go at denial there is a lot of people living there.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Am afraid to press F5 on the live fiscal markets hub webpage.:at 14:42

dONWNmJ.png

Nows the time to buy stocks...if you had the money to invest a few thousand :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

The beer will keep them safe in Prague....

Nows the time to buy stocks...if you had the money to invest a few thousand :P
    Not today, nor tommorow, nor next month.

Maybe in mid-2021 after the 3rd final wave of mutation. Today (this quater really) is a day for buying tinned chicken soup only, and nuggets of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Another death in Italy, ,80 year old

7 now in total. 4 confirmed today

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Is there any credible evidence that it has mutated except for that doctor on YouTube who heard it from a friend? I'm sure hes making a lot of money from the views and we all know what sells more than calm rational analysis. CFR will likely change as more information becomes available.

Yeah, somebody here said it most likely mutated, so it probably did.

Much more likely than, say that the numbers coming out of Iran are wildly inaccurate.

Also, the Doctor on YouTube is a nurse/nurse tutor. His Phd is in education. He’s not an expert on any of this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There's too many posts here... I can't keep up. Please limit yourselves to 1 post per hour.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Unearthly wrote: »
    7 now in total. 4 confirmed today

:(

One was a false alarm

Well I’ve just purchased 24 toilet rolls and 2 large bags of odlums soda bread mix.

Adding that to my copious amounts of alcohol, big tin of quality street, lemons, tonic water, coke, turkey and ham from Christmas and the veggie dishes I cooked last week.

No, I will not be sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

odyssey06 wrote: »
    There's too many posts here... I can't keep up. Please limit yourselves to 1 post per hour.
    This thread is moving faster than the actual virus!

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Rough translation = We've been told not to declare one by the power brokers or else our funding will be cut.

Rubbish.

Nothing rough about that translation.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

"Expert" on Liveline, it's no worse than flu, take a deep breath lol

It is a lot worse than the flu. This is because we have no built in antibodies to Corona. We have built in immunity to the flu.
    We have thousands of antibodies binding to flu as a result of our ancestors and us being hit with thousands of strains of flu over the years. This is why we are generally sick for a few weeks while our antibodies kick the flu's ass. We don't have that protection with Corona.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement