Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new coronavirus outbreak China, Korea, USA - mod warnings in OP (updated 24/02/20)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

silverharp wrote: »
    still curious if this might be worse for Asians for genetic reasons? if it ended up being only generally fatal for Asians and mostly sniffles for everyone else, then that would give it a particular framing.
    the severe cases sound awful that means other people die because of a clogged health service, staff sick etc.

Even if this were true and I don't think it will be, we have around 50k Asians in this country, not counting native Irish people of part Asian ancestry. Just think that nearly town has an Asian restaurant or take away. That's a lot of people to be affected here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    So we know the progression of the disease is 7-14 days asymptomatic but infectious.
    Week1 symptoms of a flu. If lucky recover.
    Week2 severe symptoms, need hospital assistance.
    Week3-4 recover or pass away.

So, the mortality rate of today should be compared with #of infected 3-4 weeks ago? What does that work out as?

It has been a constant 2.1-2.2%, this is practically unheard of when following the usual bell curve for these viruses. The official numbers are extremely questionable, to put it mildly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Use google translate - the translate link is not working
    https://view.inews.qq.com/w2/20200209A0P3L200?tbkt=J&strategy=&uid=

One thing I'm curious about, and maybe someone can answer, is why are they putting the fatality rate at about 2% when the fatality numbers are running at about 25% of the cured?
    I know if you take the actual infected and the deaths then it is 2% - but the people recovering every day isn't that great and the numbers of serious/critical is increasing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I see the cruise company are refunding the fares paid to all on that ship quarantined in Japan. Also giving a credit to the same amount on any future cruise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

ardinn wrote: »

Love this guy, makes me feel at ease.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

fritzelly wrote: »

One thing I'm curious about, and maybe someone can answer, is why are they putting the fatality rate at about 2% when the fatality numbers are running at about 25% of the cured?
    I know if you take the actual infected and the deaths then it is 2% - but the people recovering every day isn't that great and the numbers of serious/critical is increasing

Because it takes longer for people to be fully certified as recovered and virus free than die. The death rate is based on the outcome of an early sample size that have all been infected around the same period and all went through the same stages of the virus simultaneously leading to most recovering and approximately 2% of them dying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I was wondering that myself. My take is that it is the standard approach as the diagnosed figure is probably more accurate than the recovered figure. Usually it would not make much difference however in this case the virus is spreading so quickly that I think the values are skewed and the death rate is probably closer to 8%. I think the number of people infected is increasing by a factor of about 4 in the period of time it takes for someone to go from diagnosed to dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sounds like all flights from China stopped, Russian border closed, 60 million under quarantine. Kill rate at 17%, North Korea are fecked, Amazon pulls out of MWC in Barcelona https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51438845

U.S. Intelligence has now confirmed a devastating fact about the Coronavirus outbreak in China.

The virus is not only shed by breathing, coughing, and sneezing, it also comes out in urine but more so via fecal matter.

That fecal matter goes into a toilet, which gets flushed, sending the waste into the public, sanitary sewer system.

Once in the sewers, normal flow in the sewer moves the waste toward a treatment plant, MILES away. Along the way, there are manhole covers.

Evaporation allows the virus to rise-up OUT OF THE MANHOLE COVERS and into the fresh air.

So an infected person takes a dump at one end of town, flushes his toilet, and the virus in his feces evaporates out a manhole cover on the other end of town.

This is why big cities are seeing "blooms" of virus outbreak in unrelated areas.

Unstoppable spread of contagion.

There's my evening update, don't ask for links....Amazon pulling out of MWC says this is on our doorstep already.

Update - deaths now nearly topping 100 per day
    One curious thing is while 4000 new suspected the number of total suspected dropped by over 5000 - is this people just getting over a cold - anyone know the mechanisms for suspected?

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1226656498245406720

• Advertisement

Sounds like all flights from China stopped, Russian border closed, 60 million under quarantine. Kill rate at 17%, North Korea are fecked, Amazon pulls out of MWC in Barcelona https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51438845

U.S. Intelligence has now confirmed a devastating fact about the Coronavirus outbreak in China.

The virus is not only shed by breathing, coughing, and sneezing, it also comes out in urine but more so via fecal matter.

That fecal matter goes into a toilet, which gets flushed, sending the waste into the public, sanitary sewer system.

Once in the sewers, normal flow in the sewer moves the waste toward a treatment plant, MILES away. Along the way, there are manhole covers.

Evaporation allows the virus to rise-up OUT OF THE MANHOLE COVERS and into the fresh air.

So an infected person takes a dump at one end of town, flushes his toilet, and the virus in his feces evaporates out a manhole cover on the other end of town.

This is why big cities are seeing "blooms" of virus outbreak in unrelated areas.

There's my evening update, don't ask for links....Amazon pulling out of MWC says this is on our doorstep already.

31OWkeRSO4L._AC_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

Do you have link for the US Intelligence Claims drunkmonkey?

josip wrote: »
    Do you have link for the US Intelligence Claims drunkmonkey?

Shhhh

People making up thier own stories, and kill and infection rates on thread that's handy

You know the way you don't smell **** from manhole covers? (unless there's a major problem) You're not getting blooms of evaporated poo around them either.

What you will get though is the aerosolization of poo when it is flushed in a toilet without a lid down to contain it. So public toilets might become hazardous if this takes off here.

People making up thier own stories, and kill and infection rates on thread that's handy
    The number of infected people has been doubling every 4 or 5 days. It's published everywhere. No need to make it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You know the way you don't smell **** from manhole covers? (unless there's a major problem) You're not getting blooms of evaporated poo around them either.

What you will get though is the aerosolization of poo when it is flushed in a toilet without a lid down to contain it. So public toilets might become hazardous if this takes off here.

Phew, well that's one transmission mechanism this country doesn't have to worry about.

Its not made up. :)

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3048611/coronavirus-scientists-identify-possible-new-mode-transmission

Probably worse things you can catch from public toilets...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

For want of a better word, you sir are talking/quoting shìt!!! Unless you have solid evidence for this outrageous claimed then I will ask what I have never asked before, i ask mods to delete this posters claims and ban them from the site, the amount of idiotic scaremongering is beyond ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

Watching a lot of reporters interviewing (secretly) hospital staff, saying that they cannot test the people and have to diagnose deaths as pneumonia. They cannot officially say coronavirus so grossly underreported amount infected and deaths. Probably been said already on this thread sorry I've been popping in and out, but the figures seem way off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This is probably some of the most damning reporting which has came out of the city of Wuhan in China to date

Chen Qiushi - a Chinese Lawyer and commentator who covered the Hong Kong Riots - travelled to Wuhan to report on the unfolding situation there. He subsequently disappeared - only for the official authorities to inform his family that he had been detained for 'quarantine' reasons. His present whereabouts remain unknown...

Beijing going into lockdown (will need Google translate) - if this is true then it's the worst possible situation

https://mbd.baidu.com/newspage/data/landingshare?pageType=1&isBdboxFrom=1&context=%7B%22nid%22%3A%22news_9246562631184416445%22%2C%22sourceFrom%22%3A%22bjh%22%7D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Beijing going into lockdown (will need Google translate) - if this is true then it's the worst possible situation

https://mbd.baidu.com/newspage/data/landingshare?pageType=1&isBdboxFrom=1&context=%7B%22nid%22%3A%22news_9246562631184416445%22%2C%22sourceFrom%22%3A%22bjh%22%7D

Can someone translate this for me? I'm on mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Its about "strengthening" communities with stricter guidelines for entry / exit of areas - reads like a list for the guards on what to do.

It's followed by some awful ****e about the "motherland" and such in the comments!

Can someone translate this for me? I'm on mobile.

Try this

Naw doesn't work either, the translate works for a few lines and when you click bar to expand it does nothing.

Naw doesn't work either, the translate works for a few lines and when you click bar to expand it does nothing.

Here's the translated text
    Beijing issued ten circulars on epidemic prevention and control, strict residential areas (villages) closed management

02-09 23:01Beijing Daily Newspaper Group
    On further strengthening

Notice of community (village) outbreak prevention and control work

Open Baidu APP to see more HD images
    At present, the city is about to usher in the peak of the flow of people back to Beijing, the epidemic prevention and control work is in a critical period, in order to effectively protect the lives and health of the people, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations and relevant provisions of the city, is hereby announced to further strengthen the community (village) epidemic prevention and control work as follows:

First, strict residential community (village) closed management.

Further strict community (village) closed management, in the entrance and exit to set up checkpoints, residents and vehicle vouchers to enter and leave, entry personnel must wear masks and temperature testing. /b10>No property, no security, open community by the territorial streets (towns) responsible for the implementation of closure measures. When the community (village) spreads the epidemic, the residential unit door, the community (village) and so on to implement closed isolation.

Second, strict verification of the registration of community (village) personnel, vehicles.

Foreign personnel and vehicles shall not enter the community (village) in principle, and if the special circumstances do require entry, the management personnel shall do a good job of registration and record. ng.

Third, strictly arrived in Beijing personnel registration.

On the day of arrival in Beijing, personnel should promptly report their health status to the community (village) where they live, and cooperate with the completion of the registration of personal information. Those who conceal, suspend, misrepresent relevant information or obstruct the performance of their duties by epidemic prevention and control staff shall be investigated for responsibility in accordance with the law.

Fourth, strict management services of key groups.

Within 14 days before arriving in Beijing, personnel who leave the high-risk areas of the epidemic or have a history of contact with persons in areas with high outbreaks shall, in accordance with the provisions, receive medical observation or home observation, actively report health status, cooperate with relevant management services, and shall not go out; Streets (towns) and communities (villages) should be strictly managed and provide basic living security.

Those who refuse to accept preventive and control measures such as medical observation or home observation constitute acts of violation of public security administration shall be seriously dealt with by the public security organs in accordance with the law;

Fifth, strict centralized isolation.

Close contacts to the city's new additions and confirmed by epidemiological investigation by the health and health departments shall, in principle, be subject to centralized isolation and medical observation by the districts. aw.

Six, strict public space management.

Community (village) non-life necessary sports rooms, entertainment rooms and other public places are closed. Streets (towns), communities (villages), property enterprises, property units to do a good job of cleaning and disinfection of public places, garbage sorting treatment, environmental remediation and other work.

Offices, parks, buildings, enterprises, etc. of organs and institutions should strengthen temperature monitoring, carefully screen people with fever, adhere to the "daily report" "zero report" system. District (village) decoration and decoration projects are stopped, water and electrical heat and other engineering construction units, hotels, etc. to cooperate with the community (village) to do a good job in the prevention and control of the epidemic.

Seven, strict management of rental housing.

Housing leasing intermediary enterprises or industries mainly clear lying about the responsible person and contact person, according to the requirements to the community (village) to provide rental housing and tenants dynamic information. Those who do not report the situation of rental housing and do not cooperate with the government and community (village) staff to carry out their work shall be held accountable in accordance with the law.

Eight, strengthen the basic living security.

Markets, restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacies, etc. should make reasonable arrangements for business hours, do a good job of personnel flow, strengthen risk control. Communities (villages) should strengthen the attention of groups such as the old, the young and the weak, and do a good job in service protection.

Ix. Strengthen the awareness of national protection.

Residents should strictly abide by the rules for wearing masks in public places, reduce out-of-town activities, and not participate in parties and group activities. Those who do not listen to dissuasion or cause conflicts shall be dealt with seriously by the public security organs in accordance with the law.

Ten, strengthen the demonstration drive.

Party members and cadres, party representatives, deputies to the National People's Congress and members of the CPPCC should play a leading role, actively participate in the prevention and control of the epidemic, and encourage family members and neighbors to consciously abide by the relevant provisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Chinese now say the virus is subject to airborne transmission.
    It comes as a Chinese official has confirmed a worrying new fact about the deadly coronavirus; infections are taking place through aerosol transmission

It was previously understood that two main ways the virus transmitted from person to person were:

• Direct transmission: breathing in air close to an infected patient who sneezes or coughs, and

• Contact transmission: when a person touches an object tainted with the virus before infecting themselves by touching their mouth, nose or eyes.
    undefined
    People wearing protective face masks in Hong Kong. Picture: Dale De La Rey/AFP Source: AFP

However, over the weekend, an official in Shanghai confirmed the virus also travelled through aerosol transmission, which means it can float a long distance through the air and cause infection later when it is breathed in.

https://amp.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-is-airborne-chinese-official-confirms/news-story/201218c04deb601b1b144f4cbbc4d807?__twitter_impression=true

15.7% of cases end up in serious/critical condition. Anyone know how that compares to influenza?

cnocbui wrote: »
    The Chinese now say the virus is subject to airborne transmission.

https://amp.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-is-airborne-chinese-official-confirms/news-story/201218c04deb601b1b144f4cbbc4d807?__twitter_impression=true

15.7% of cases end up in serious/critical condition. Anyone know how that compares to influenza?

1% require hospitalization

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭saram

'still curious if this might be worse for Asians for genetic reasons?'

On what basis though? Anybody infected outside China (and most inside) including other Asian countries have had only minor symptoms.

S. Korea- for example next door to China has reported 27 cases as of now. 4 of those have been completely discharged and ALL the others are showing at worst- mild symptoms no greater than a regular flu or influenza.

Similar story across other countries. The main reason the death toll in Wuhan Province in China is much higher is due to the overwhelming nature of the cases there. Hospitals are overrun and this virus spread very quickly before it was understood how serious it could be.

It's a game of catch up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes the genetic thing would not make much sense. The fact that most Chinese men smoke may be a factor though.
    The virus is almost completely focused on the respiratory system and only rarely shows much symptoms on the rest of the body.

Sixty more cases of coronavirus have been confirmed on the Diamond princess cruise ship, domestic broadcaster TBS TV said via Twitter. NHK Japan is also saying around 60 new cases have been identified, quoting the health ministry.
    That brings total cases on the ship docked in Yokohama, south of Tokyo, to 130, according to TBS.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/feb/10/coronavirus-live-updates-china-goes-back-to-work-as-cases-exceed-40000-latest-news

A cruise ship is likely close to ideal for spreading this but it's likely that so are high density cities and mass transit systems

India doing 28 day long quarantines!

India: How many under surveillance?
    5123 people were under home surveillance as a precautionary measure for coronavirus. At least 741 tests for nCoV have been done so far. Of these 738 have tested NEGATIVE, and 3 found positive.

What's new in Kerala?
    The three students who tested positive are stable. A total of 1,999 people, who have a travel history from China and other affected countries, are under observation in Kerala, of whom 75 are in isolation  ..

Read more at:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/coronavirus-in-india-what-is-happening-and-what-you-should-know/articleshow/73978271.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

saram wrote: »
    'still curious if this might be worse for Asians for genetic reasons?'

On what basis though? Anybody infected outside China (and most inside) including other Asian countries have had only minor symptoms.

S. Korea- for example next door to China has reported 27 cases as of now. 4 of those have been completely discharged and ALL the others are showing at worst- mild symptoms no greater than a regular flu or influenza.

Similar story across other countries. The main reason the death toll in Wuhan Province in China is much higher is due to the overwhelming nature of the cases there. Hospitals are overrun and this virus spread very quickly before it was understood how serious it could be.

It's a game of catch up.

Could hygiene be part of it, the Chinese especially modern living in the cities have crazy hygiene issues nearly OCD about it.
    Could it affect there immune system.

tuxy wrote: »
    Yes the genetic thing would not make much sense. The fact that most Chinese men smoke may be a factor though.
    The virus is almost completely focused on the respiratory system and only rarely shows much symptoms on the rest of the body.
    you still get ***** burning coal. That has a big effect on the health of people's respiratory systems here. But it's ok to **** up your neighbours' health if it's tradition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bees Tea

I’m on an Island and have been stockpiling for days. I have at least a year of tinned food supply, dry goods, multiple wrap and Old El Paso Fajita packs a decent amount of livestock both for milk and meat, a generator with plenty of diesel and a shotgun.

I feel sad for all those unfortunate souls not prepared.

Vietnam's 12th was confirmed on the 6th, 13th on the 7th, and 14th on the 10th. All those latest are family members / neighbours around that group who was training in Wuhan. Three have been discharged from hospital. None are in serious condition as far as I know with at least one not even displaying symptoms. I thought last week was going to be the week that the confirmed numbers really started to rise here but I guess it'll be this week, or maybe not at all I suppose.

Based on the numbers and circumstances here so far, I find it hard to believe right now that this would spread badly in Ireland. That group came back from Wuhan on the 17th January before anyone really knew what was happening, were working with people, celebrated lunar new year with people, and in those three and a half weeks, it seems to be just people they're close to who've gotten it. This could of course change this week or next, but it's pretty similar in other countries.. It has only exploded in China and on that cruise ship I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

People going back to work today in China, just people have to wear masks. Also most provinces has a rule that the workers should get approx 75% wages this month.

In China they are bolting the door after the horse has bolted. They had no forewarning of something like this, and when it was recognized their initial response was to arrest the doctor who reported it for 'rumour'. Add to that the population density and you have the situation they are in now.

I'm ostarting to feel optimistic but preparing for the worst anyway. I don't think I'm going to crash when I get in a car but I still put on my seatbelt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Bees Tea wrote: »
    I’m on an Island and have been stockpiling for days. I have at least a year of tinned food supply, dry goods, multiple wrap and Old El Paso Fajita packs a decent amount of livestock both for milk and meat, a generator with plenty of diesel and a shotgun.

I feel sad for all those unfortunate souls not prepared.

Which one, England?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

The Guardian UK
    Mon 10 Feb 2020 08.31 GMT
    6m ago08:31

UK declares ‘coronavirus outbreak a serious and imminent threat to public health.’

Under the measures announced on Monday, the Department of Health said people with coronavirus can now be forcibly quarantined and will not be free to leave, and can be forcibly sent into isolation if they pose a threat to public health.

A spokesman said: “Our infection control procedures are world leading and the NHS is well prepared to deal with novel coronavirus.

“We are strengthening our regulations so we can keep individuals in supported isolation for their own safety and if public health professionals consider they may be at risk of spreading the virus to other members of the public.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,338 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Under the measures announced on Monday, the Department of Health said people with coronavirus can now be forcibly quarantined and will not be free to leave, and can be forcibly sent into isolation if they pose a threat to public health.

You don't do that for the flu. This is not business as usual.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Not optimistic any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

The number of people infected went from 20k to 40k in just 1 week

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

The Guardian UK
    Mon 10 Feb 2020 08.31 GMT
    6m ago08:31

UK declares ‘coronavirus outbreak a serious and imminent threat to public health.’

A spokesman said: “Our infection control procedures are world leading and the NHS is well prepared to deal with novel coronavirus.

“We are strengthening our regulations so we can keep individuals in supported isolation for their own safety and if public health professionals consider they may be at risk of spreading the virus to other members of the public.”

All that for 4 cases in the UK...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    All that for 4 cases in the UK...

It all started with 1 case look where we are a few weeks later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

It all started with 1 case look where we are a few weeks later...

Correct, the number of infected people is doubling on a weekly basis

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

A little more information from the Independent:

Independent Newspaper UK

New measures allow people with illness to be quarantined against their will

• 32 minutes ago

"Coronavirus poses a serious and imminent threat to public health in the UK, the government declared as it introduced new powers to forcibly quarantine people.

Health secretary Matt Hancock and his Department have designated Arrowe Park Hospital in Merseyside and Kents Hill Park conference centre as “isolation” facilities”.

On Sunday the passengers from the RAF Brize which landed in Oxfordshire – 105 British nationals and 95 European nationals and family members – were taken to the Kents Hill Park hotel and conference centre in Milton Keynes to begin 14 days in quarantine.

Meanwhile 78 UK passport holders were among more than 3,600 people stuck on board the quarantined cruise ship Diamond Princess in Yokohama. There are now 130 confirmed cases on the ship.

The UK’s Department of Health and Social Care said in a statement:

The British Secretary of State declares that the incidence or transmission of novel Coronavirus constitutes a serious and imminent threat to public health and these regulations are considered as an effective means of delaying or preventing further transmission of the virus.”
    People with coronavirus can be forcibly sent into isolation if they pose a threat to public health and will not be free to leave quarantine.”

Additional reporting by Press Association

Does anybody know if the Irish Dept of Health has earmarked any Isolation Facilities?

We won't actually get numbers from some so called open western places

Florida Department of Health cites patient confidentiality law as reason not to inform public
    What’s going on with the coronavirus in Florida?
    Sorry, you can’t find out. It’s a secret.
    It doesn’t sound like it should be a secret, but according to the Florida Department of Health, it has to be a secret.
    “We are bound by a specific statute and can’t release the information,” explained Alberto Moscoso, the communications director for the Florida Department of Health.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200207/cerabino-sorry-coronavirus-in-florida-is-state-secret 

The WA Department of Health will stop providing daily updates on the number of suspected Coronavirus cases, only committing to provide information to the public if a case is confirmed.

A spokeswoman from the Department said previous information on testing had been a “courtesy” to West Australians and that the parameters on what constituted a suspected case were evolving
    https://thewest.com.au/news/public-health/wa-department-of-health-to-stop-reporting-testing-of-coronavirus-cases-ng-b881450577z

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement