Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No right wing alternative= No alternative

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Right wing peoples champion Peter Casey failing hilariously in two constituencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

pjohnson wrote: »
    Right wing peoples champion Peter Casey failing hilariously in two constituencies.

You mean AH posters' champion surely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

Looks like the fash have been well and truly decimated by the electorate.
    You'd need a heart of stone not to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT IMMIGRATION

I'd love the weirdos on AH to understand this, but no doubt the immigrant bashing will continue apace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    WE DON'T CARE ABOUT IMMIGRATION

I'd love the weirdos on AH to understand this, but no doubt the immigrant bashing will continue apace.

Steady on, next you'll be telling them we don't care about social welfare recipients. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

pjohnson wrote: »

Did not know yo ucould fight two constituencies in the same election... Sounds a bit dodgy to be honest.
    francois wrote: »
    Looks like the fash have been well and truly decimated by the electorate.
    You'd need a heart of stone not to laugh.

Forgive the ingorance, but... "the fash"?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The political and media class dismiss concerns about immigration within the context of housing, this leads to conditioning

Uh-oh, did Mammy forget your chicken nuggets?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The political and media class dismiss concerns about immigration within the context of housing, this leads to conditioning

Thats it, those lads can in hand singing 'come out ye black and tans' wont be so happy when they learn SF's free gafs are going to lads singing prayers a handful of times a day and not them.

Thats it, those lads can in hand singing 'come out ye black and tans' wont be so happy when they learn SF's free gafs are going to lads singing prayers a handful of times a day and not them.

Same thing: swear allegiance blindly to a social construct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Housing is a major concern while immigration is one of the lowest.

Shows how idiotic the general populace is if they can't see even a vague link between the two.

40% of the housing list is non-EU nationals.

What percentage of those voting yesterday would know that 40% figure? Zero I'd say! Ain't gonna hear much about it on mainstream media anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

enricoh wrote: »
    What percentage of those voting yesterday would know that 40% figure? Zero I'd say! Ain't gonna hear much about it on mainstream media anyhow.

40% share of nothing is not a compelling argument against immigration.

So, how dem National Party candidates doing, so? Can't find any info for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

So, how dem National Party candidates doing, so? Can't find any info for some reason...

They’re just about to make their breakthrough. Any minute now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Better than I expected. Over 1000 votes in some constituencies.

On the other hand, John Waters got 390 votes. That cheered me up.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Brian? wrote: »
    925 but still

925 but still

Probably includes the transfers from Peter Casey.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

925 but still

I’m less happy with that. But still nice.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Better than I expected. Over 1000 votes in some constituencies.

I see a couple of Gemtrails mates got less than 1 percent...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I’m less happy with that. But still nice.

He was beaten by some lad called Spoiled Votes. Bit of an odd name TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Really wonder why there isnt a right wing party. The right wing candidates consistently do so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Humiliated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The Nal wrote: »
    Humiliated.
    Totally flopped, I saw one guy got about 0.2%

gmisk wrote: »
    Totally flopped, I saw one guy got about 0.2%

The biggest hope for them was James Reynolds in Longford/Westmeath and he........ he didn't do well.

Their politics, and Gems and her few followers, have been widely rejected countrywide by the Irish people. Every single candidate, every single constituency. Its a no from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The Nal wrote: »
    The biggest hope for them was James Reynolds in Longford/Westmeath and he........ he didn't do well.

Their politics, and Gems and her few followers, have been widely rejected countrywide by the Irish people. Every single candidate, every single constituency. Its a no from Ireland.

We have always very keen to display aprooved respectability in this country, it was a Conservative Catholic aprooved respectability back in the day, now it's the kind which meets the aprooval of RTE and the rest of the Liberal commentatriat.

Would require a very charismatic figure to lead a new and fresh movement on the right, many people do have concerns about immigration etc but it's not respectable to say it

Hard to know if a nigel farrage could emerge here, we don't have a single Conservative media outlet so the message can't gain wide traction

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

40% of the housing list is non-EU nationals.
    Source?

Also you would realize how many of them work in the HSE etc?

We have always very keen to display aprooved respectability in this country, it was a Conservative Catholic aprooved respectability back in the day, now it's the kind which meets the aprooval of RTE and the rest of the Liberal commentatriat.

Will require a very charismatic figure to lead a new and fresh movement on the right, many people do have concerns about immigration etc but it's not respectable to say it

1% of the electorate thought immigration was a concern. 1%. There is no movement. Just the usual incels and loonies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

1% of the electorate thought immigration was a concern. 1%. There is no movement. Just the usual incels and loonies.

Relax, i didn't vote for anyone bar FF and FG

Read back what i said about aprooved respectability

We as a people run in herds

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its amazing how far apart boards is (or some on here) from the electorate.

I mean I am not shocked at SF surging. I didn't vote for them. Personally i wouldn't. But I totally get why it happened.

'Its housing stupid'.

Relax, i didn't vote for anyone bar FF and FG

Read back what i said about aprooved respectability

We as a people run in herds

So people voted for sinn fein because it was the respectable thing to do? Pull the other one.

• Advertisement

Will require a very charismatic figure to lead a new and fresh movement on the right, many people do have concerns about immigration etc but it's not respectable to say it

Nope. People just didn't vote for them. No one likes them or agrees with their policies. Its as simple as that.

You can't look at these results and think there is any validity or appetite for this "movement". There is none. Its over. National humiliation. Every single candidate, every single constituency.

Advertisement