Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newark Airport

• 22-01-2020 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know if an hour and a half would be enough time for a connection in Newark? I haven’t booked the flights yet but it seems pretty tight to me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

90 mins in most airports is enough if you just walk straight to the gate.

as far as I know Newark isnt that big either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

johnire wrote: »
    Would anyone know if an hour and a half would be enough time for a connection in Newark? I haven’t booked the flights yet but it seems pretty tight to me.
    Thanks

Will you be pre-cleared for immigration? Will you have to collect and drop the bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

Newark is very easy to navigate,have been through it quite a few times with a 1 hour connection. As long as you don't dawdle and go straight to the connecting flight you should be fine. To ease your mind book a seat near the disembarking door . I'm presuming you are connecting from United to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Thanks folks for all your replies.
    Yes it’s a United flight-Dublin to Miami. It’s on the one ticket so there will be no bag collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

You'll land & depart from the same terminal, as mentioned it's not very big, timewise you'll be fine, only potential trouble is if you're delayed leaving here, gone through Newark a few times & onwards to Orlando with no issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Even if you're delayed departing Dublin, there are plenty of flights to Orlando so it's the airline's responsibility to get you to your final destination - it might not be the next flight but the next flight with availability.

Newark is an easy Airport to navigate so 90 minutes is fine - just head for your next gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Even if you're delayed departing Dublin, there are plenty of flights to Orlando so it's the airline's responsibility to get you to your final destination - it might not be the next flight but the next flight with availability.

It is their responsibility, more than likely everything will be fine with the trip, never had an issue with United in fairness, it's a slight risk everyone runs when flying indirect though, from memory think we used to have 2 to 3 hours layover to give us a bit of breathing space that gave us time to stretch the legs & grab a bite to eat, drink & relax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement