Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three continuing to take money out of my account after leaving

• 22-01-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

I moved from 3 PAYG to GoMo back in november. Transferred over my number.
    I had a 28 day automatic 20 euro topup set up for my Debit card. I assumed once I left that would end.

However, now the payment is continuing to be taken from my card. It is eventually refunded after a couple weeks, but it's a bit annoying.

I've spent hours on online chat, sent countless emails to Three and they don't seem to be able to help at all. It always comes down to some technicality that they can't access my account as the details aren't recognised as a valid Three account.

Is there anything else that can be done to stop this money being taken?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Did you tell your bank that the transaction is unauthorised ? Ask them to reverse the transaction, explain to them that you left three and cancel the direct debit.

You should be able to see your payee's/direct debits on you online accounts and should be able to remove three/Hutchinson network .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If the money is still being taken out and three have not resolved it, I would suggest following their complaints procedure. Three will have to provide you with a complaints reference number. If your issue is still not resolved then escalate the issue to Comreg. They will get in touch with Three and give them a certain amount of time to resolve this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you still have access to My3 (unlikely) can the auto top up be deleted?
    It is eventually refunded after a couple weeks, but it's a bit annoying.

Is it refunded automatically or have you had to initiate charge backs?

It should be possible for your bank/card issuer to block any further transactions from 3.

Advertisement